GFriend's handwritten letters spark rumors of one-sided contract terminations by their agency

• Article: "GFriend's handwritten letters...goosebumps (more letters in the link)"

Source: Pann

These are all the handwritten letters from GFriend members so far but they're all the same as withdrawal letters written by April's Hyunjoo and Bolbbagan's Woo Ji-yoonㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ

It's as if the agency unilaterally informed the members of the contract terminations and told them to write a letter urgently and told them "We need to prepare a rookie girl group now so get out..? ㅠㅠ

umji1.JPG
    umji.JPG
    comment1.JPG

1. [+296, -8] Not once do they mention why the group got disbanded or what their plans are for the future...basically confirms they were unilaterally notified of terminations..ㅠㅠ
    2. [+207, -25] I think the rumors that GFriend was pressured by someone to leave are true..
    3. [+104, -1] It's not like they can use the group name either because the agency recently registered their name as a trademark
    4. [+102, -2] This feels like another Cube Beast situation..? Is it just me? I get the feeling that Source is just another piece of s*** agency
    5. [+87, -3] The real sauce in those letters is the fact that none of them have plans for the future...it's almost like they wrote them in a hurry..
    6. [+82, -2] Yuju cried so hard on her way home from work...that alone says a lot, no?
    7. [+58, -2] You can tell they were forced to disband. It's not just one or two weird things about those letters ㄹㅇ;;; It's like they had something heavy on their chests when they wrote thisㅅㅂ
  • let's just hope that in next days we will hear some good news about girls signing contract with different agency

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• Taking everything together, it honestly kind of looks like that, but gfriend was source's only money maker. It's hard to believe they would throw them away for a gg whose success isn't guaranteed in the least bit, even if they weren't doing as well. The circumstances are very suspicious tho... I kind of think source was just broke as hell.

• Article: "GFriend's handwritten letters...goosebumps (more letters in the link)"

Source: Pann

These are all the handwritten letters from GFriend members so far but they're all the same as withdrawal letters written by April's Hyunjoo and Bolbbagan's Woo Ji-yoonㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ

It's as if the agency unilaterally informed the members of the contract terminations and told them to write a letter urgently and told them "We need to prepare a rookie girl group now so get out..? ㅠㅠ

umji1.JPG
    umji.JPG
    comment1.JPG

1. [+296, -8] Not once do they mention why the group got disbanded or what their plans are for the future...basically confirms they were unilaterally notified of terminations..ㅠㅠ
    2. [+207, -25] I think the rumors that GFriend was pressured by someone to leave are true..
    3. [+104, -1] It's not like they can use the group name either because the agency recently registered their name as a trademark
    4. [+102, -2] This feels like another Cube Beast situation..? Is it just me? I get the feeling that Source is just another piece of s*** agency
    5. [+87, -3] The real sauce in those letters is the fact that none of them have plans for the future...it's almost like they wrote them in a hurry..
    6. [+82, -2] Yuju cried so hard on her way home from work...that alone says a lot, no?
    7. [+58, -2] You can tell they were forced to disband. It's not just one or two weird things about those letters ㄹㅇ;;; It's like they had something heavy on their chests when they wrote thisㅅㅂ

I am so mad about this. Source should not treated Gfriend like they are throw away goods. I feel so bad for the girls.

• It seems odd from both sides. They both seem blindsided? Source is making refunds for some fansigns and buddy memberships, and gfriend is featured in the museum and sowon was a docent for it. I don't know at first I thought they wanted to follow different paths, but now it's getting weird like someone just decided on it last minute.

• If it was a forced disbandment from HYBE/Soumu, I'd not feel like checking their next GG, as if they can ditch such accomplished group in such unceremonial manner, I don't think they would treat their next one well. Maybe if Soumu disappears within HYBE, whoever is in charge of the GG may be less shitty. Still such a disappoint way to end their legacy. I mean if this was their target, there are so many better ways to do it. They could have kept 1 member as a token legacy. Shitty move, but it would be less baffling than how this was handled.

It is still odd and we may only know anything close to the truth after years if there is no whistleblower.

• If they did just kick out Gfriend in favor of their new gg I just have to ask why they'd think that's a good idea? I feel like less people would want to stan the rookie group that got a beloved sunbae disbanded

I doubt the ngg has anything to do with it, but i wouldn't be surprised if we get news of them in the next few weeks. The day glam disbanded they debuted gfriend.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!