There is really no point of keep arguing for opinions.

• The chances of you able to convince people to change their opinion is pretty much 0%.

This is just a human thing.

Humans believe what they want and they won't change just because you have a different opinion. Even if the fact put in front of their face, they will find excuses as to why the fact is not true.

• That’s true actually. Which is why I don’t even try half of the time. I’ll say what I have to say, but honestly, it’s up to them to believe what they want to. If you try to get someone to see the flaw in their thinking, you’ll end up talking to them for hours. It’s better to just let people have their opinions rather then try to persuade them otherwise.

• Yes, there are some people you just can’t reason with, you can be arguing until the cows come home and you won’t change their opinion. I don’t bother arguing anymore, they go on the block list which is growing all the time.

• Sadly, most people is like that.

They said to respect others opinion but there are just people who I would rather ignore than to have a conversation with. They are the kind of people that like to voice out what they think but would dismiss others opinion if it doesn't fit with theirs.

• well the point is discussion not necessarily changing someone's opinion

I've always said that you cannot change someone else's opinion - only they can change their own opinions

like the saying you can lead a horse to water but you can't make them drink it

• It depends. Online it is pretty hard to not be confrontational and not take it as confrontation when it may not be. However, if you dial up tone, sometimes the opposing side may take a more mellow instance and maybe reach a common ground. You don't need to change someone's opinion. Sometimes you just need to make others see your point. Sometimes you just need to understand where they come from or their real interest behind their opinion and then offer an agreeable counterpoint.

Now if the opposition is just confrontational and won't budge on this tone or in bad faith, yeah, it is indeed a waste of time. Unless you need to convince a loved one out of some conspiracy bullcrap (and even this case can be a losing battle), I'd just bail out ASAP.

• There is a chance of making a point that can change someone's opinion. It happens a lot with my opinions, someone comments on the topic. It fits like a Puzzle piece that changes my understanding.

Presenting Facts based on Opinions are not worth dealing with as it is agenda driven propaganda. At same time it is becoming a danger as perception becomes the new standard of proof. Laws and Court deliberation are being reduced to this level of fact. I feel hated by you and as it goes to trial you will be found guilty by the perception of facts(opinions).

Keep fighting the good fight. :dancer:

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!