Did you know SNSD influenced the creation/concept of BLACKPINK?

• With all these copying threads going around, I wanted to create a topic for two massively successful girl groups of their generation to show the flow of influences in generations.

1) BLACKPINK was originally meant to be a bigger sized girl group. Confirmed by many sources including Rosé, they were all originally a part of a bigger group. (Miyeon from GIDLE being one of the originally)

4A36C5A4-1E14-403F-9BBB-046DCEB3FFBF.jpeg

2) YG actually stated that he wanted to create a group inspired by SNSD as “a girl group that does Hip Hop music with an appearance like SNSD”7756D964-FD6A-42F5-A77C-04B02EF78575.jpg

3) The girl group original name was PinkPunk (the bigger sized group) but the only 4 left are now (BLACKPINK). BLACKPINK meaning "Pink is commonly used to portray prettiness, but BLACKPINK actually means to say that 'Pretty isn't everything. ' It also symbolizes that they are a team that encompasses not only beauty, but also great talent."

4) Even though 2ne1 is obviously an influence. YG never actually called them a “prettier 2NE1”. That was only a headline.89983CF3-00D1-41DF-A617-83DE5767F5BB.jpeg

I know it’s a long post, but I thought it would be fun to recognize the influence of the biggest 2nd Gen girl group on the biggest 3rd Gen girl group since BP is influencing so much of the 4th Gen. The SNSD influence certainly shows up in their more poppier sound and their more feminine styling. Thus, BLACKPINK as they are a group that encompasses two of the biggest 2nd Gen girl groups (both who used to be associated with Pink & Black ironically)

• finally someone made a thread addressing this, people forget that most statements come from reporters. YG basically said 2ne1 aren't that much different (meaning music wise) but most YG groups have a certain style. YG always wanted a group inspired by snsd (pretty girls doing hip hop) with a YG's flavor.

• You dont need to bring anything now. BLACKPINK HAS ITS OWN IDENTITY NOW.

bring anything? I just think it was cool how SNSD’s influence lived on even in a “girl crush” and globally successful group like BP. 😕 Both groups are fans of each other too, so it’s nice to see the connections as someone that loves SNSD and BP.

• bring anything? I just think it was cool how SNSD’s influence lived on even in a “girl crush” and globally successful group like BP. 😕 Both groups are fans of each other too, so it’s nice to see the connections as someone that loves SNSD and BP.

But they never ended like one.

And I'll meet you on the other side.

#perfect blue from My angel, empathy

• Yes that was also the original intention with 2NE1 too, but we know how that went :ak_jisootrigerred: YG always wanted an hip influenced SNSD, "PinkPunk" was the closest he got to it. I am still happy with the result of both groups that came from the members of the PinkPunk lineup though as they are all uber talented, even if we never got to see him make the group he wanted.

EXO - SHINEE - Nine Percent - 2NE1 - BIGBANG - ONF - BoA - HyunA - TWICE - SISTAR - SNSD - MOMOLAND - Red Velvet - ATEEZ - ITZY - TXT - BTS - MONSTA X - DREAMCATCHER - LOONA - Secret - T-ara - SUJU - After School - UNI.T - BLACKPINK - SHINGEKI

AKP-orange-theme-sig.gif

Edited 2 times, last by crystalblues ().

• This was common knowledge. It's why the potential group was always referred to/memed as YGSNSD. YG said for years, I think since like 2012, that he wanted to create his own SNSD and regularly praised them while also shitting on his own group 2ne1 calling them ugly (the members even said on TV that he would call them ugly in private).

It just shows how influential SNSD that everyone wanted their own SNSD

• This was common knowledge. It's why the potential group was always referred to/memed as YGSNSD. YG said for years, I think since like 2012, that he wanted to create his own SNSD and regularly praised them while also shitting on his own group 2ne1 calling them ugly (the members even said on TV that he would call them ugly in private).

Even if BP wasn’t the group he intended to make, it’s always interesting to see the line of development. They just happened to land on a group with a mix of SNSD & 2ne1. Personally, I find it very interesting. Especially with the success the BP attained after both groups being at the forefront of kpop’s global popularity. It’s funny to think that they fumbled their way into one of the most successful kpop groups too.

• that's why people acting like BP was a very original idea make me laugh

I think SM influence can be see in BP, by first the fact that he wanted a SNSD YG version

and the fact that the whole meaning of the group Blackpink

is heavily inspire by the meaning of Red velvet group name

with a dual image represented in the group name

𝕁𝕦𝕤𝕥𝕚𝕔𝕖 𝕗𝕠𝕣 𝔸𝔼-𝕂𝕒𝕣𝕚𝕟𝕒

aekarina Tumblr posts - Tumbral.com

• End of story YHS is a weirdo and even though I would have loved the original lineup, I am also happy with the girlies we got :ak_luajump:

EXO - SHINEE - Nine Percent - 2NE1 - BIGBANG - ONF - BoA - HyunA - TWICE - SISTAR - SNSD - MOMOLAND - Red Velvet - ATEEZ - ITZY - TXT - BTS - MONSTA X - DREAMCATCHER - LOONA - Secret - T-ara - SUJU - After School - UNI.T - BLACKPINK - SHINGEKI

AKP-orange-theme-sig.gif

• I agree with the SNSD influence but the Red Velvet influence isn’t really a thing. People confuse them having a dual concept. They don’t. BLACKPINK is BLACKPINK. Their name isn’t inspired by duality. it’s a representation of pink being a color associated with feminine and beauty and black with strength/skills. It’s also a play off their original name PINKPUNK. (Which existed before Red Velvet.)

• I don't really think this Red Velvet part is true. PinkPunk is kind of obviously a name with a similar double meaning to BLACKPINK, and it was their name in 2012.

I second this. GGs having a double name meaning to represent both their concepts is pretty common

AKP-orange-theme-sig.gif

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!