Manufacturing is not highly valued in the US?

• Manufacturing in the US is icky. I feel like most companies choose to be overseas just because it would be a better investment. But then again, some things are better to be made in the US, I guess.

"무중력으로 다시 수면으로 떠오를 때, 나는 다른 사람이되는 상상을한다" - 쿠사나기 모토코 (1995)

Edited once, last by moonshi ().

• depends on the thing manufactuered i guess

for low end products it might to to China or another Asian country but high end stuff it might need to be made in the US like drugs and vaccines...that's manufacturing (for example)

• Elon Musk is very involved in Manufacturing. He certainly has a valued opinion. His view from the Top is where the Manufacturing is determined. CEO and Board Members care about maximum Profits. They don't value employing workers in their Country.

• Elon Musk is very involved in Manufacturing. He certainly has a valued opinion. His view from the Top is where the Manufacturing is determined. CEO and Board Members care about maximum Profits. They don't value employing workers in their Country.

Sorry have to say maximum profit seems to further back Dems' assertion that trickle down does not work ? I have seen endless pages of this on internet.. Or it did work for some enterprises under Trumps job?( Not sure how Tim Cook and others moved some jobs back home at this point)

• a big thing would probably be car manufacturing and tech, though i would need more research on my part to tell you whats important :/

"무중력으로 다시 수면으로 떠오를 때, 나는 다른 사람이되는 상상을한다" - 쿠사나기 모토코 (1995)

• trickle down

Huh Can see having a Company employing people as the benefit. While not automatically offered to employees, buying Stock in the Company would share profit.

The Dem's are classic anti-corporation everything. Moving manufacturing out of the Country they happen on a Point. Know what they offer is Government control and Worker owned companies. The later can be Good or Death and is mostly Death of the company. Depends how employees want from the Company. Some employee owned Companies have employees with invested interest in seeing their company succeed. More common is selfish motivated employees want to maximize their benefits, salaries and pensions. Like Vampire sucking all the blood out of the Company.

• Elon Musk said so...American friends what do you think?

Other than the US,How are manufacturing jobs valued in your country?

How do you look at yourself working in manufacturing companies , as an engineer or around production lines?

I worked for a Tier 1 automotive supplier and I can tell you, at least for this company, U.S. manufacturing quality was lower than that of China's. More scraps due to poor quality stamping and welding. I also believe Elon Musk stated Tesla's made in China are higher in quality than the ones made in the U.S.

Looking at it from a larger scale, China is the manufacturing hub. The network is extensive there and their manufacturing has significantly improved due to industry 4.0 and decades' worth of manufacturing exposure.

There is a misconception about China's manufacturing. China can manufacture at the same quality as any other country, if not better. The reason why many things made in China are of poor quality has to do with poor design and material selection by the company who design them. Furthermore, when dealing with Chinese companies, the manufacturing directions must be very specific, to the smallest detail, otherwise, they'll take cost-saving shortcuts.

✧ "Got no time for haters 모두 다 집어치워 버려" ✧

Edited once, last by winniethepb ().

• Huh Can see having a Company employing people as the benefit. While not automatically offered to employees, buying Stock in the Company would share profit.

The Dem's are classic anti-corporation everything. Moving manufacturing out of the Country they happen on a Point. Know what they offer is Government control and Worker owned companies. The later can be Good or Death and is mostly Death of the company. Depends how employees want from the Company. Some employee owned Companies have employees with invested interest in seeing their company succeed. More common is selfish motivated employees want to maximize their benefits, salaries and pensions. Like Vampire sucking all the blood out of the Company.

- While not automatically offered to employees, buying Stock in the Company would share profit-

This makes sense. Have seen Trump called back enterprises overseas money by tax cut causing stock and other capital markets boost in his term, employees as owner of these companies obtained shared profits average citizens got pieces too out of Dow Jones index upswing. Agreed any increased employing off the money is considered benefit regardless how many more. should have pictured trickle down can do these.

What I have heard here bitching about trickle down is handful of the less than 1% don't pay tax , trickle down only to their pockets, job increase on TD is hardly any better than none and poverty level not able to benefit from stock market plumping they don't have money to invest... sounds to me partially political postures as not everyone is equal while the Dems claimed they care for the weaks....sigh..

-now what they offer is Government control and Worker owned companies. The later can be Good or Death and is mostly Death of the company- Worker owned companies usually did not end up good..? I dont quite get it.

• I worked for a Tier 1 automotive supplier and I can tell you, at least for this company, U.S. manufacturing quality was lower than that of China's. More scraps due to poor quality stamping and welding. I also believe Elon Musk stated Tesla's made in China are higher in quality than the ones made in the U.S.

Looking at it from a larger scale, China is the manufacturing hub. The network is extensive there and their manufacturing has significantly improved due to industry 4.0 and decades' worth of manufacturing exposure.

There is a misconception about China's manufacturing. China can manufacture at the same quality as any other country, if not better. The reason why many things made in China are of poor quality has to do with poor design and material selection by the company who design them. Furthermore, when dealing with Chinese companies, the manufacturing directions must be very specific, to the smallest detail, otherwise, they'll take cost-saving shortcuts.

-More scraps due to poor quality stamping and welding. I also believe Elon Musk stated Tesla's made in China are higher in quality than the ones made in the U.S-

What do you think the problems are in the US for these?

-The reason why many things made in China are of poor quality has to do with poor design and material selection by the company who design them - I agreed business men from in and out of China ought to take most of blames. we all get backfired by maximizing profits.

• -More scraps due to poor quality stamping and welding. I also believe Elon Musk stated Tesla's made in China are higher in quality than the ones made in the U.S-

What do you think the problems are in the US for these?

-The reason why many things made in China are of poor quality has to do with poor design and material selection by the company who design them - I agreed business men from in and out of China ought to take most of blames. we all get backfired by maximizing profits.

Quite a few reasons. The one big reason I can tell you is employee motivation. People just don't care too much for their job. Both blue colored workers and white collared workers. I've heard at one plant, employees would unplug Quality Check Cameras just to meet hourly demand. Engineers soon found out and the guy got fired.

• Quite a few reasons. The one big reason I can tell you is employee motivation. People just don't care too much for their job. Both blue colored workers and white collared workers. I've heard at one plant, employees would unplug Quality Check Cameras just to meet hourly demand. Engineers soon found out and the guy got fired.

Why they dont care about their jobs? is it only in automotive industry?

Is it about pay check satisfaction?

• Why they dont care about their jobs? is it only in automotive industry?

Is it about pay check satisfaction?

I can't tell you for sure but it might have to do with poor hiring and/or poor compensation by the company. People do complain about how they've worked for 10+ years and only promoted once.

• I'm not from US but I work as an Internship for a multinational company that produces various car components for many brand of cars (tires, electronic components such as sensors, airbags and pedals). In conclusion, we have plants for manufacturing.

I would say that most young people I know that work in this industry are people who didn't really finish their high school or didn't want to apply for college. Very rarely there are a few young students who work in the manufacturing industry until they finish studies because working in shifts might benefit them.

Older people were very used to work in plants since their youth as many of them came from villages and settled with the job they got at their arrival.

Judging by this, manufacturing is not really a desired job but it doesn't have a very bad reputation either, as many people work in this industry. However, I would never be able to be an operator working on the production lines....I see them everyday and no thanks, I'd rather have a different future for myself.

• It's good money for people who don't have proper higher education degrees. I know many blue-collar workers making well over what some engineers make. But plant life is tough... Repetitive tasks in loud environments, frequent overtime, etc. I'm sure many operators hate the smell of lubricants.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!