Tony quits Youth with You 3 after his parents scandal/drama

• this is like a story if someone doesn't know about it

External Content twitter.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

and this seems like an outcome of it

Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

quit.jpg

External Content www.youtube.com

• So his parents committed the crimes when he was 2-4 and until he was 6 and he's now being punished for it at 18? Fucked up.

He shouldn't be punished at all but seems like people were able to track down that this club/restaurant wasn't sold in terms of finalizing documents until 2018/2019.

So now people voting for other trainees were scared that when the new group will be formed other members will get online hate and GP hatred.

• That's fucking sad. But it's more like the fans of the other trainees are saying he will impact the final group adversely.

A similar situation happened with Yu Yan last season because she made anti-authority comments online when she was a teenager. She stayed on the show and debuted though. And the group was okay.

This time Tony didn't even say anything but I guess the fear of blowback is much worse because the public might have made up their mind that his parents were organized crime (drugs and possible prostitution at their KTV bar) and that Tony probably benefited from their connections.

Sad and ugly that this had to blow up now.

Why do I watch survival shows? This!

• It's sad but this perhaps illustrates how China (like Korea) is still a conservative society.

Caring about family background is important in many societies.

Meanwhile, in many more liberal societies (i.e. America) we have famous musicians and actors that did all sorts of things to survive. Or just straight up did bad things when they were successful.

• I feel so bad for him. From the whole Produce drama (granted he wasn’t the one rigged out but still) to getting cut from FNC’s group the last minute because of drama between companies to this when things were finally looking good for him. He has the worst luck.

• Holy shit! This has gone way beyond just a trainee's parents past history but has gone into drug and enforcement investigation.

Basically, China's Anti Drugs Task Force has suspended YWY3 and closed all voting.

The implication here is that drug or organized crime money might have impacted the show and also voting. This could affect the YWY franchise, IQIYI or even all Chinese survival shows.

https://mobile.twitter.com/isa…tatus/1390355036740341768

• Also, there's a story of YWY2 (last season) fan clubs dumping and wasting a mountain of yogurt drinks after they were bought for votes.

Stuff like this could turn the GP against the shows. Both YWY and Chuang were sponsored by yogurt dairy companies that bundled votes with each drink.

• I hope Chinese officials probe the vote rigging of these shows. Fans actually paid to get their favorites in but were rigged out at the end by producers. That is committing fraud and should be punished.

• It's sad but this perhaps illustrates how China (like Korea) is still a conservative society.

Caring about family background is important in many societies.

Meanwhile, in many more liberal societies (i.e. America) we have famous musicians and actors that did all sorts of things to survive. Or just straight up did bad things when they were successful.

Yeah. I don't know if he can even debut now. How sad because he did well

• dang you should start new thread about this

• I don't like the fact that China loves to do this kinda shit "Grandpa was on the wrong side of the red army? Fuck u and your job prospects even in modern day" kinda shit.

This didn't happen to me specifically but srs I know too many people who are struggling and even were pressured to denounce their family publicly to get any sort of opportunity back (like legit "I don't know my mom anymore" and a restraining order is placed for a no-contact)

shit's disgusting.

• Also, there's a story of YWY2 (last season) fan clubs dumping and wasting a mountain of yogurt drinks after they were bought for votes.

Stuff like this could turn the GP against the shows. Both YWY and Chuang were sponsored by yogurt dairy companies that bundled votes with each drink.

except the Chaung yogurt isn't wasted they had the code outside so people could donate and resell for cheaper prices while the ywy2 one they had the code inside so people actually had to open it to scan and it was dug up, so I think Chaung wouldn't get affect much but who knows.

• I hope Chinese officials probe the vote rigging of these shows. Fans actually paid to get their favorites in but were rigged out at the end by producers. That is committing fraud and should be punished.

You got your wish! But we don't know what's the impact on shows. There'll be less sponsorship money and some programs might be hesitant to commit to these big shows. There already rumors that Chuang 2022 interviews had stopped.

https://www.globaltimes.cn/page/202105/1223084.shtml

"Chinese authorities ban competition shows from using voting systems that require fans to spend money to vote following iQIYI's milk-wasting scandal

By Chen Xi
    Published: May 10, 2021 08:41 PM

Chinese competition reality shows are no longer allowed to set up systems in which fans can spend money to vote for their favorites, according to a new notice issued by the Beijing Municipal Radio and Television Bureau on Monday. The announcement comes after the hit show Youth With You Season 3 found itself at the center of a scandal in which tons of bottled milk was bought and wasted by fans who were trying to keep their favorite idols on the show.

According to the notice, the programs are strictly prohibited from setting up voting systems that require or encourage people to "vote by spending money" such as purchasing certain goods or memberships on video platforms to support competitors. Data fraud and participation by minors has also been banned.

According to media reports, these types of voting systems have had a huge impact on the number of subscribers to shows. For example, after the release of competition reality show Sisters Who Make Waves, streaming platform Mango TV saw an increase of more than 28 million users.

Shi Wenxue, a cultural critic based in Beijing, told the Global Times on Monday that this notice is sure to impact membership registration rates and audience viewership on these video platforms.

"The release of this notice is more targeted, especially after the scandal with Youth With You Season 3, but I don't think it will give a big hit on the shows as they can recover and continue earning profit by adjusting the competition system," Shi noted, adding that the way that Japan promotes their idol bands can be a favorable idea.

For instance, in Japan fans can earn a special coupon by buying a band's albums. These coupons allow them to attend events with certain activities, such as giving fans the opportunity to hold hands with their idols, such as members of the Japanese idol group AKB48.

"The connection between sponsors and video platforms have been weakened by the release of the notice. Sponsors will not be able to directly link their products with the voting system of the shows anymore, and the normal way of promoting through advertisement can be acceptable," said Luo Ting, a teacher in media and public affairs at China's Communications University."

• I just hope the right reforms take place just the same as Fan Bingbing scandal for dramas. I mean corporations and celebrities already earn a lot of money but still too greedy. An example of it is in the movie industry. Directors get a certain budget from studios and they can keep all the money if there are leftover. If a movie budget is $100 million and the director completed the movie in $70 million, he/she gets to keep the remaining $30 million. That's just absurd. No Hollywood or any movie studio in the world does such practice. No wonder we see a lot of crappy Chinese movies being made. Too much greed.

• Wonder if Chuang and YWY will be rebranded into something new. The situation is beginning to look similar to what happened with Mnet's Produce show. A scandal shut the Produce name down, but they still making survival shows. Queendom, Kingdom, Cap-Teen and soon Girls Planet 999.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!