Why YG is sabotaging Somi ?

• I honestly think theyve given up on her. like her songsdont do too well anywhere ok int and a little worse in in korea. honestly she doesnt have the vocals to hald herself as a solo and teddy isnt giving her good songs. its such a waste cuz she's a great personality so atleast they should let her venture into other parts of entertainment like variety.

• Black Label is a label where the artist controls his or her work. That's what it seems like to me, it's not a Kpop label at all, all the artists under it are grown ass adults.

I think if Somi wants to put out an album, she's gonna have to do the lion's share of the work.

Maybe she's content with her dozens of endorsement deals and TV appearances. Like i've said many times, i think she left JYP because she and her family didnt want to be subject to the Kpop meat market where idols are used up and spit out.

Idk Zion T for exemple wasn’t happy about how things was going on the Black label.

The black label seems to also have a management problem like YG

• I don't think she has the necessary for a successful solo career. I don't think she's a particular good singer or performer.

Luckily she can still make plenty of money from CF's and variety shows.

• They really don't know what to do with her. Yg ain't a smartass mastermind company like y'all think they are. If you aren't taking off right off the bat, they won't nudge you.

I think they don't have a clear "sound direction" for her yet either. I believe I mentioned it before, on the previous forum, that on the sound spectrum of the lady side of the YGE/Black Label roster, half of Somi's ("in-house producer") sound should fall somewhere between Rose's singer-songwriter-solo sound and BlackPink's Pop-leaning sound. In my head, the spectrum is like this:

(Singer-Songwriter/Rock, (then) Pop End) AKMU<--Rose<--Jisoo<--Somi<--BLACKPINK-->Jennie-->Lisa (Hip-Pop/Rap End)

I feel Somi has gotten what we consider "B-sides" or "unreleased tracks" in the West..songs that don't gel anywhere else.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!