Why you think Butter will be the same success like Dynamite while BTS ON released just after smash hit Boy with luv?

• Do we try to ignore ON / BS flopping hard after Boy with luv? BTS music is hit and miss, we had ON/ BS/ LGO both underperform as BTS title / lead singles. So I think Butter would be another ON for BTS and Army. :akorns:

• Stan19

Changed the title of the thread from “Why you think Butter is the same success like Dynamite while BTS ON released just after smash hit Boy with luv?” to “Why you think Butter will be the same success like Dynamite while BTS ON released just after smash hit Boy with luv?”.
  • BTS cheerful pop songs always do well worldwide. DNA, Boy With Luv and Dynamite all come under the same category. And Butter seems to fit the same group. That's why people think it's gonna be successful.

Still too early to say. Butter can be another miss. BTS Bright song can do well but not all the time. On is not a dark song anw, it is noisy like idol.

• Still too early to say. Butter can be another miss. BTS Bright song can do well but not all the time. On is not a dark song anw, it is noisy like idol.

I hope you remember Butter is gonna be an English song which will be pushed for radio. ON was a Korean song so it was hardly played on western radio.

𝐁𝐓𝐒 ♡ 𝐁𝐥𝐚𝐜𝐤𝐩𝐢𝐧𝐤 ♡ 𝐀𝐞𝐬𝐩𝐚

27dbe724372b809813a823b7367393edb58cad57.gifv

• Do we try to ignore ON / BS flopping hard after Boy with luv? BTS music is hit and miss, we had ON/ BS/ LGO both underperform as BTS title / lead singles. So I think Butter would be another ON for BTS and Army. :akorns:

Still too early to say. Butter can be another miss. BTS Bright song can do well but not all the time. On is not a dark song anw, it is noisy like idol.

:akorns::akorns::akorns:

• did i get it right guys?

• The standards for BTS are very different from other artists which is acceptable since other artists are not on their level (or I should say not even close to their level).

Also I do not care if a song doesn't do well as long as I like it.

I know this is a troll thread but let me use it to break a misconception people have about BTS & ARMYs.

This attempt at trolling shows BTS song's chart performance is based on if the song is liked by many people or not. So it should dismiss the misconception that BTS songs are doing good only because they are released by BTS or ARMYs eat up everything BTS release (I mean it's not our problem that they are freakishly consistent with good releases so we have to more often than not lol). Because otherwise they would have had every main single released by them on every chart there is to exist. Because we have seen the high of BTS songs is just different compared to many other artists.

• You mean Black Swan, a pre-release single which came out in Jan 2020 without a music video or any promo except for a one off Corden performance or On that came out bang in the middle of the pandemic fears spreading in Korea or Life Goes on, one of the least promoted Korean title songs of BTS at the time of its release, which is for all intents and purposes a song on Covid pandemic?

For real?

Anyway anticipate Butter and if this thread gets bumped later don't be a coward and hide in shame like you did in your luxury endorsement thread.

P.S. Butter is a dance pop song, it is not an artistic seminal dark piece of work like Black Swan or a trap hip hop song like On or a Covid song like LGO. BTS does not stick to one genre and continue to experiment, some themes are darker and not as "popular" hence you see polarising views on their music. They also follow varying promo tactics for each song, going hard on some and not on others.

It just highlights their ability to mix things up and not compromise on the message they want to send. They know how to balance commercial and artistic. What you call hit and miss, is BTS daring to go beyond their comfort zone and putting out whatever they want as artists.

Edited 5 times, last by paradis ().

• If billboard #4 is flop then what does that say about all of your faves :-D

When you’re so big not making #1 worldwide is flop. Others can’t relate

:pepe-toast:

。・:*˚:✧。  :borahae::borahae: 。・:*˚:✧。⋆.ೃ࿔*:・

✧ ೃ༄*ੈ✩

• This is so well written. I feel like trolls want BTS to sell themselves out for commercial success for every song release when we know how diverse their discography is.

• did i get it right guys?

:pepe-cringe::pepe-joy:

“we never felt so young”

0a768997596edfb15ac5d9f26d04bda8676149e3.gif

• This is so well written. I feel like trolls want BTS to sell themselves out for commercial success for every song release when we know how diverse their discography is.

Just so they can diss BTS more for selling out, as if a whole ass BE does not exist, which thematically was a risk as it dealt in a sombre concept.

• life goes on was released after dynamite it was damn successful but according to u it is not successful so according to your theory butter should do well in its standards

bwl-on

dynamite-lgo

Going by this pattern, Butter should be another BWL and /or Dynamite.

OP is just afraid of it going this way, he was praying for BTS to clash with some digimons or viral hits in May, however even that dream of his is crushed looking at recent announcements where everyone is avoiding the BTS comeback date.

• BS may have slightly flopped (i dont know what its current GAON total is) but ON was more of an underperformer, not an outright flop, same with LGO.

Personally i dont think BTS will ever truly flop anymore. Korean Army is huge and GP will always check them out, which means top 10 peaks for every title release. I think if you make top 10 on Melon 24 or Gaon these days, you shouldnt be considered a flop. Literally 99.99 percent of all songs released will never achieve this.

• Official Post

Best reply everrrrrrr :pepe-toast::kismer:

• I'm not even an army but I think that we really can't understimate BTS now, even ON/LGO that "underperformed" for BTS standards did amazing. Who knows if this track will do better than dynamite or not but it will be extremely, extremely successful for sure

:cheersc:

• Nah, BTS cheerful colorful pop songs always do very well, their top 3 most viewed MVs on youtube all have this concept/sound (DNA,BWL and Dynamite) i suspect ON/BS/LGO didn't do as well (for BTS standards ofc) because these 3 songs are more mellow/dark and both fandom and gp seem to like their bright concepts more overall.

• Nah, BTS cheerful colorful pop songs always do very well, their top 3 most viewed MVs on youtube all have this concept/sound (DNA,BWL and Dynamite) i suspect ON/BS/LGO didn't do as well (for BTS standards ofc) because these 3 songs are more mellow/dark and both fandom and gp seem to like their bright concepts more overall.

ON had two videos and had split reactions.

Black Swan would’ve definitely did 10x better if it was the promoted title track. The music video didn’t even come out until almost two months later!

Spring Day is BTS best performing song in Korea as far as longetivty yet only has 406M views.

• ON had two videos and had split reactions.

Black Swan would’ve definitely did 10x better if it was the promoted title track. The music video didn’t even come out until almost two months later!

Spring Day is BTS best performing song in Korea as far as longetivty yet only has 406M views.

yeah those are the other reasons it didn't perform as good as it could have, but about spring day i think the reason it doesn't have a lot of views compared to their other mvs is because i-fans are known for not liking ballads that much and it doesn't have choreography (it gives replay value to a mv) which is a shame because SD deserves to enter the 1 billion club, the MV is gorgeous.

• ARMYs still pretending ON (and LGO yes #1s can flop) wasn’t a flop? Move on ma. Why are you comparing BTS to other groups? BTS should only be compared to their peers or themselves. Bad views and zero longevity. Stop blaming the pandemic that song was doing bad before it had even blown up and not when Dynamite was the biggest shit in the world mid pandemic 💀

Anyway Butter doesn’t have as much hype as Dynamite but it really is down to how hype the teasers can make people. I remember the Dynamite music video teaser set the tone and then the song cemented it’s success. Hopefully Butter is promoted correctly and is actually a bop.

ARMYs still pretending ON (and LGO yes #1s can flop) wasn’t a flop? Move on ma. Why are you comparing BTS to other groups? BTS should only be compared to their peers or themselves. Bad views and zero longevity. Stop blaming the pandemic that song was doing bad before it had even blown up and not when Dynamite was the biggest shit in the world mid pandemic 💀

BTS are now called flops for not releasing anything close to dynamite success :pepe-sad:

Stream BUTTER by BTS aka FLOPS this 21st MAY.

• This thread contains 7 more posts that have been hidden for guests, please register yourself or login to continue reading.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!