Have you guys watched today's Kingdom's performances?

• iKON's performance

External Content m.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

TBZ's performance

Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

SF9's performance

Honestly I liked all three but had issues with all of them as well but TBZ's perf was my fav followed by SF9. iKON totally changed Inception as their own style and I wasn't a big fan of it.

• I tuned in in the middle of TBZ peformance and loved what i saw. Now i have to take time and watch them all in peace :D

I saw Ikon's performance, and i actually liked it even though Inception is not my fave song (i hoped they would choose something else).

Honestly, even if their performance is not outstanding, they always make me happy, they have this charisma, that makes them different and whatever they do, they show their colors, and that's really good.

• I tuned in in the middle of TBZ peformance and loved what i saw. Now i have to take time and watch them all in peace :D

I saw Ikon's performance, and i actually liked it even though Inception is not my fave song (i hoped they would choose something else).

Honestly, even if their performance is not outstanding, they always make me happy, they have this charisma, that makes them different and whatever they do, they show their colors, and that's really good.

Like I said I liked all three, just had few issues here and there. TBZ perf was simple and less flashy and that's why I loved it more bcoz I could see their dance properly. SF9's perf was really good but I wished they had used the song a bit more since it had more acting than singing. iKON is always fun to watch so I liked what I saw as well but the song arrangement wasn't my fav. Also there's more to it as I was hoping for them to go with Thanxx as it suits their style more.

From my criticism, it may sound like I didn't like their perfs but honestly I really liked all three, I'm only highlighting the issues I had, other than that I really enjoyed today's ep.

• All the performances from this ep are a step up from last round. I think each group got a better idea of what could or could not work for 3+ minutes performances.

Sf9, Tbz and Ikon all blew me away. I know they are probably stressed by the competition, but watching it is really fun because we get to see them try something they can't do in their usual stages. Basically they create short storylines while showing off their performances skills, and it's a new side from these groups.

Although tbz already showed some of this on rtk, I found their performance today exceeded my expectations and was my favorite from them so far on Kd (same level as my two fave tbz stages on rtk). Sf9 are getting better each week and they seem to get what's expected of a Kd stage at this point. Ikon are getting more creative (with the references to their theme, moving set manipulated by the members and playing with the camera).

• I love that tbz scaled back on the props/stunts, it made their choreography shine which is one of their strengths! also the moulin rouge references throughout the performance BLEW my mind!

• Like I said I liked all three, just had few issues here and there. TBZ perf was simple and less flashy and that's why I loved it more bcoz I could see their dance properly. SF9's perf was really good but I wished they had used the song a bit more since it had more acting than singing. iKON is always fun to watch so I liked what I saw as well but the song arrangement wasn't my fav. Also there's more to it as I was hoping for them to go with Thanxx as it suits their style more.

From my criticism, it may sound like I didn't like their perfs but honestly I really liked all three, I'm only highlighting the issues I had, other than that I really enjoyed today's ep.

No, i think we all see some things that could've be done differently with some performances, don't worry about it, it's understandable :D

Same with me and my quick review (since i reviews only Ikon's pefromance, since it's the only one i managed to see as a whole). I also hoped for Thanxx, since like you said, it's more their style, but also because i like it way more than Inception, but i actually think they arranged Inception quite good.

Haha we all feel like that with Ikon i guess, they really are fun to watch and their performances make me happy, even though it's not perfect or whatever, but just the general vibe.

I'm now off to watch SF9 and TBZ's whole performance finally.

• No, i think we all see some things that could've be done differently with some performances, don't worry about it, it's understandable :D

Same with me and my quick review (since i reviews only Ikon's pefromance, since it's the only one i managed to see as a whole). I also hoped for Thanxx, since like you said, it's more their style, but also because i like it way more than Inception, but i actually think they arranged Inception quite good.

Haha we all feel like that with Ikon i guess, they really are fun to watch and their performances make me happy, even though it's not perfect or whatever, but just the general vibe.

I'm now off to watch SF9 and TBZ's whole performance finally.

I'm looking forward to hear your review about the other 2 perfs, they were really good tbh

• I liked all of them genuinely...

sf9 stepped up their game even more this time, the acting and action was executed brilliantly and the concept was clear and to the point.. happy to see rowoon performing today, the choreo towards the end was very captivating and sexy. Song arrangement was fine tbh not that special

TBZ as always blew me away, definitely liked this performance more than the last round, they brought back their synchronized and difficult choreography back, the tango part was stunning, the concept was beautiful and clear. The red wedding in itself is such a goosebumps worthy phrase, those who watched GOT know that, I like how they continue the theme and dont jump from one to another. The arrangement was done really well, loved this version, they should release it lol

Ikon, again finally bobby having a live rap verse, we all have been waiting for this lol.. the first part was kinda underwhelming and only props were impactful but they changed that up with the second half and totally took over the stage again, the dance break was clean and pretty, wish it was longer though.. song arrangement was done really well, I liked their version.. and they brought back the classic YG ending lol.. loved it

I am really excited for BTOB's performance next week honestly

• Whoah The Boyz...

How can they even manage to surprise me after everything. I could describe every element that i find amazing, but i'll just quickly summarize my first impressions.

So one thing i noticed as an improvement from RTK stages (it was very obvious to me in the last round too) was their expressions + live vocals. So i wasn't mad during Rtk when they were just lip syncing mostly, because the choreo was super hard. But i like to hear raw vocals and they managed to show them in the Kingdom stages. I wish camera would focus on New during his high notes to emohasize it, but then again it's during the synhronized choreo parts, so it's understandable to catch the bigger view. And like i've said the way they express themselves, especially Juyeon. I noticed this from the start of Kingdom, and recently i've read Juyeon's Arena interview where he talked about how he's working on that. It's very visible to me and i think it gives their performance even more of a feeling.

I love how they are continuing the story and are fitting the songs they get into it. The performance was smooth as always, there were so many elements and it was all so nicely connected and there was always more and something new. I thought for so many times it's ending and there was always more and more to show! They also showed a new aspect and style, the couple dancing and they added female dancers as partners, which was done so nicely, just as an addition, not to overshadow them or the story, just to add another feeling to it, to describe the story. All the things they did, the wheels, catching things etc, all done so tastefully, in a nice manner and well, that not only looks easy but also enjoyable.

I didn't even see Sangyeon's 'mistake' (o don't know exactly how it was supposed to look, but i guess even better than it did? also i don't think it was his mistake) but i do feel sorry it wasn't executed the way it was supposed to be, since he was later hard on himself, because he didn't want to let down his members :(

• Whoah The Boyz...

How can they even manage to surprise me after everything. I could describe every element that i find amazing, but i'll just quickly summarize my first impressions.

So one thing i noticed as an improvement from RTK stages (it was very obvious to me in the last round too) was their expressions + live vocals. So i wasn't mad during Rtk when they were just lip syncing mostly, because the choreo was super hard. But i like to hear raw vocals and they managed to show them in the Kingdom stages. I wish camera would focus on New during his high notes to emohasize it, but then again it's during the synhronized choreo parts, so it's understandable to catch the bigger view. And like i've said the way they express themselves, especially Juyeon. I noticed this from the start of Kingdom, and recently i've read Juyeon's Arena interview where he talked about how he's working on that. It's very visible to me and i think it gives their performance even more of a feeling.

I love how they are continuing the story and are fitting the songs they get into it. The performance was smooth as always, there were so many elements and it was all so nicely connected and there was always more and something new. I thought for so many times it's ending and there was always more and more to show! They also showed a new aspect and style, the couple dancing and they added female dancers as partners, which was done so nicely, just as an addition, not to overshadow them or the story, just to add another feeling to it, to describe the story. All the things they did, the wheels, catching things etc, all done so tastefully, in a nice manner and well, that not only looks easy but also enjoyable.

I didn't even see Sangyeon's 'mistake' (o don't know exactly how it was supposed to look, but i guess even better than it did? also i don't think it was his mistake) but i do feel sorry it wasn't executed the way it was supposed to be, since he was later hard on himself, because he didn't want to let down his members :(

I watched their perf twice, and I still haven't noticed his mistake yet. But it was sad indeed to see him being so upset about the mistake.

• SF9! That really felt like a movie! I think a lot of them are actors? So they used this nicely and made a great story!

I also like how they arranged the song and made it to suit them and their style.

I really liked the part with rapper and camera (i think his name is Zuho? i'm learning their names through show), and the dance break, that surprised me. They also used so many different elements, the only thing i would say is that there was a lot of walking (it was used as a part of the story and to connect it, so i kind of get it) + some parts didn't seem that well connected.

Otherwise i really liked their performance and their take on The Stealer.

Edit: i have to add this, i hope i don't sound too superficial, but the Taeyang guy is super cool and cute :nervousk:

After watching them all The Boyz were my favorite, as expected, i know. But their story telling skills through performance and choreography are really hard to top imo.

Edited once, last by keaji ().

• I watched their perf twice, and I still haven't noticed his mistake yet. But it was sad indeed to see him being so upset about the mistake.

Same, but it's understandable, when there are so many elements that need to be executed perfectly, there can be a tiny mistake and the performance is not like they imagined, so it's upsetting. But what matters is they always manage to make it look like it was all good, they know how to proceed when things don't go as they want and continue performance as if nothing happened.

• I didn't like iKON performance. The only thing that captivated me was the end of the stage, because their presence and charisma are unmatchable. But the rest of the performance and the song's modification was just not it.

SF9's Noir concept and the props they used were interesting, but I had a problem with too much act, interaction with the camera and walking, barely a real presentation and performance. It only happened in the end....

The Boyz was amazing, tho. My favorite by a mile. They are the only ones of today that I liked this round more than the last one.

• Same, but it's understandable, when there are so many elements that need to be executed perfectly, there can be a tiny mistake and the performance is not like they imagined, so it's upsetting. But what matters is they always manage to make it look like it was all good, they know how to proceed when things don't go as they want and continue performance as if nothing happened.

Yup bcoz you don't want to put your team down, I'm glad that Sunwoo and I don't remember the name of the other member, they tried to joke around in front of him to make his mood lighter.

• Yup bcoz you don't want to put your team down, I'm glad that Sunwoo and I don't remember the name of the other member, they tried to joke around in front of him to make his mood lighter.

Oh yeah, they all know how it is, because it happened to all of them before, that something didn't go as expected.

I don't know if you mean Hyunjae, he said that if he would be able to do it would be A+, but now it was still an A, and Haknyeon said that it was not his fault at all.

They really have great team work and pulling things off that they do, they have to really trust each other.

• ooh I just binge watch them on YouTube. The performances are really good! Does that mean that StrayKids already performed last week? Or they are performing next week? Sorry I don't know how the show run

Today was the first half of the 2nd round, so their performance for this round is next week (along with BTOB and Ateez).

N Ξ O C I T Y

EWwNl6R.png

• ooh I just binge watch them on YouTube. The performances are really good! Does that mean that StrayKids already performed last week? Or they are performing next week? Sorry I don't know how the show run

Ep 1 : There were the 100s Intro stages, for which all teams performed on the same day.

Ep 2 + ep 3 : Round 1. Full performances (3+ minutes), half the teams perform on each episode. Before each performance, we see the process of the creation of the performance.

Ep 4 today : Round 2. Half the teams (Sf9, Ateez and Ikon) performed today, the other half next episode.

• Oh yeah, they all know how it is, because it happened to all of them before, that something didn't go as expected.

I don't know if you mean Hyunjae, he said that if he would be able to do it would be A+, but now it was still an A, and Haknyeon said that it was not his fault at all.

They really have great team work and pulling things off that they do, they have to really trust each other.

I need to watch the show again to clearly tell but I think one of the two members were Sunwoo, now not sure after seeing your post lol

• Ep 1 : There were the 100s Intro stages, for which all teams performed on the same day.

Ep 2 + ep 3 : Round 1. Full performances (3+ minutes), half the teams perform on each episode. Before each performance, we see the process of the creation of the performance.

Ep 4 today : Round 2. Half the teams (Sf9, Ateez and Ikon) performed today, the other half next episode.

Thanks! Is it livestreamed on Youtube or anywhere I can watch the live show?

• I need to watch the show again to clearly tell but I think one of the two members were Sunwoo, now not sure after seeing your post lol

I think you probably mean Hyunjae. He's also the one Sangyeon likes to confide in and they all trust his words, since he always say things as they are, but still likes to uplift members.

External Content twitter.com

Haknyeon

And Chanhee and Changmin were also filmed uplifting him

• Oh thanks, then I misunderstood lol, thanks for clearing everything :pepelove1:

• I think since I'm familiar with Sunwoo the most, I see his face everywhere lol

Haha right? He's memorable, so understandable, he was also the first one i recognized in RTK along with Q

• I see others also have the same 'complaints' about Tbz performance considering New and Sangyeon's high notes

• He indeed has a really memorable face. Have I told you that I watched their Weekly Idol ep yet? I'm trying to get into them. Will ask you for recommendations once I get some time. :froghype:

Ah you meant this part with Sunwoo, right? Now it makes sense :D (i couldn't watch it all, so i just sneakily watch some parts from the stream and didn't see that before haha)

Yes, yes, let me know when you need recommendations! :froghype:

• This thread contains 9 more posts that have been hidden for guests, please register yourself or login to continue reading.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!