I think everglow wait yena's decision

• I'm not sure whether I want yena in everglow, she can bring her/izone fans for everglow, but groups that always add a new member after debuting always end up in bullying scandals 'cause the old members don't like the new ones. I know yena are friends with them though...

ps 2: I thought everglow stopped activities 'cause of aisha's bullying thing, but they denied it and never was mentioned again, I guess knetizens never cared 'cause they aren't as famous as the other groups...

ps 3: I'm worried that everglow may disband 'cause they haven't post anything on insta for months

• Everglow is doing fine either way. They are the most followed 4th gen group in Weibo, have 2.2m + monthly listeners on Spotify after half year hiatus, they have really consistent Youtube views, Dun Dun have over 203M views already and their album sales have been raising after each comeback.

• Everglow is doing fine either way. They are the most followed 4th gen group in Weibo, have 2.2m + monthly listeners on Spotify after half year hiatus, they have really consistent Youtube views, Dun Dun have over 203M views already and their album sales have been raising after each comeback.

Yena is new main vocalist

• I think all the groups are waiting for the IZ*ONE members. Rocket Punch, Everglow, Ggumnamu(for want of a better word), etc... The girls are still under contract and right now with the feelings of a lot of the IZ*ONE fans mentioning that they will be going to the new group so and so will cause them to lose it. Even after the girls are officially returned to their agencies they will probably wait and play chicken to see which group announces the inclusion of a new girl into their group first. In fact I don't even think it will come from the company but from the girls themselves.

• I think all the groups are waiting for the IZ*ONE members. Rocket Punch, Everglow, Ggumnamu(for want of a better word), etc... The girls are still under contract and right now with the feelings of a lot of the IZ*ONE fans mentioning that they will be going to the new group so and so will cause them to lose it. Even after the girls are officially returned to their agencies they will probably wait and play chicken to see which group announces the inclusion of a new girl into their group first. In fact I don't even think it will come from the company but from the girls themselves.

Yep, let's see which label/group comes first. Wizones are pissed and hurting and still in denial, Kwizones are still trying to convince the labels to keep the group together under a different name. God help the first label that tries to promote the next post-Produce flop group, i think the only fans that will support it are the hardcore akgaes of whatever member happens to be in it.

Wasnt it the idiots running Gugudan that ripped Mina and Sejeong away from IOI to rush Gugudan's debut, only to see the group eventually flop hardcore with only Sejeong and Mina clinging to their music careers?

The entire Produce concept needs to be reworked so the Produce groups that form are actually permanent. Only in Korea are music execs stupid enough to voluntarily and intentionally disband groups that outsell most American A list acts and are at the literal peak of their popularity and profitability. By reworked i mean Msnake needs to share the revenue more fairly and the participating labels need to contribute more to the group expenses.

• I'm not sure whether I want yena in everglow, she can bring her/izone fans for everglow, but groups that always add a new member after debuting always end up in bullying scandals 'cause the old members don't like the new ones. I know yena are friends with them though...

Yena would have been in everglow if she did not make Izone, so they know each other already, they trained together.

• Wasnt it the idiots running Gugudan that ripped Mina and Sejeong away from IOI to rush Gugudan's debut, only to see the group eventually flop hardcore with only Sejeong and Mina clinging to their music careers?

Yes from I.O.I. But it started even before that. The first inkling of trouble was when Cube announced Eunbin was going to join CLC before the show had officially ended. Cube, Eunbin and MNet got a lot of flak and that is when people started talking about the I.O.I members. A total of 4 girls did dual duty with their own groups and I.O.I. Sejeong, Mina, Chaeyeon (DIA), and Yeonjung(WJSN). The fans of I.O.I. were really pissed and that's why starting in Season 2 they didn't allow anyone to debut until the show was ended and the winners could not promote with other groups. Dia never got the boost they wanted from Chaeyeon. The WJSN fans were kind of okay with it as it gave them a power vocal. I agree I think it hurt Gugudan having them in the show. I think the shortness of the duration and how they immediately went to their old groups put a bad taste in the some of the I.O.I. fans mouth as if the girls didn't care about I.O.I. that much and were just using it for clout.

• Yena would have been in everglow if she did not make Izone, so they know each other already, they trained together.

Problem is that for some of the people that fact is just an abstract idea. They know it somewhat but they are fans of Everglow without knowing Everglows pre-history. Yea they have been told that Yena knew them but they don't see that on Everglow podcasts and the same with IZ*ONE as well. Can't see it... don't believe it... People do funny things especially hard core fans. Some people just can't imagine that the girls probably stay in touch with their cell phones on a semi constant basis. What they see on the screen is all there is and there is nothing more at all beyond that window into their group.

• Problem is that for some of the people that fact is just an abstract idea. They know it somewhat but they are fans of Everglow without knowing Everglows pre-history. Yea they have been told that Yena knew them but they don't see that on Everglow podcasts and the same with IZ*ONE as well. Can't see it... don't believe it... People do funny things especially hard core fans. Some people just can't imagine that the girls probably stay in touch with their cell phones on a semi constant basis. What they see on the screen is all there is and there is nothing more at all beyond that window into their group.

Yep. Yena waltzing into Everglow after 2+ years is a minefield of potential fan revolts. EG fans could easily resent Yena for taking away screentime and lines from existing EG faves. Yena stans could easily start shading the other EG members, calling them a flop group, saying that Yena deserves better and bragging about Izone's album sales.

Korean music executives who literally created the idol culture itself should know better than to disband moneymaking groups and shove members into new nugu groups or existing groups with their own established fanbases. It goes counter to every principle of Kpop. This is why no post Produce group has ever come close to achieving the success of their Produce group predecessor.

• Yep. Yena waltzing into Everglow after 2+ years is a minefield of potential fan revolts. EG fans could easily resent Yena for taking away screentime and lines from existing EG faves. Yena stans could easily start shading the other EG members, calling them a flop group, saying that Yena deserves better and bragging about Izone's album sales.

Korean music executives who literally created the idol culture itself should know better than to disband moneymaking groups and shove members into new nugu groups or existing groups with their own established fanbases. It goes counter to every principle of Kpop. This is why no post Produce group has ever come close to achieving the success of their Produce group predecessor.

In the case of IZ*ONE members they didn't have much of a choice due to the contracts they signed. But the amount of backlash everyone gets has kind of soured all involved on temporary groups and I don't think we will see them in the future any more in Korea. GP999 is permanent. 101 Japan is permanent. It works in China pretty good but that is because they don't care about the group at all. Everyone is a solo stan there and they have intra-group(one member to another) stan wars all the time. In China the intra-group fan wars are way bigger than inter-group fan wars (between one group and another).

Rocket Punch (RP) and Everglow (EG) are the ones that will be the most affected with new fans coming in and which even though they were absolutely part of the group may cause friction. To me it benefits all parties involved. RP is in a saturated genre after StayC, Weeekly, Cherry Bullet etc... So they need the stan power from Chaewon. EG needs domestic support that Yena will give them. They are doing well internationally but not so much locally. The agencies that were patient I think will be in the best positions as there will be much less (not zero) friction. The only friction being the solo stans.

ps 2: I thought everglow stopped activities 'cause of aisha's bullying thing, but they denied it and never was mentioned again, I guess knetizens never cared 'cause they aren't as famous as the other groups...

ps 3: I'm worried that everglow may disband 'cause they haven't post anything on insta for months

Aisha has fake bullying scandal but i think the problem of their activities is yiren (chinese idol)

• Aisha has fake bullying scandal but i think the problem of their activities is yiren (chinese idol)

well, yuehua said aisha didn't bully, I think netizens didn't keep digging 'cause she isn't popular like other scandals. you're right, yiren's comment on force labor and being chinese don't help, south korea and china aren't very friendly right now... their instagram hasn't posted anything for months, bad sign

ps: why did yiren talk 'bout force labour? it's mandatory for chinese artists to talk 'bout politics? she should've just stfu, why a singer would engage in political stuff?

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!