Why are some people in allkpop home page so toxic or did I do something wrong?

• They are yes. I get downvoted for most posts, it’s usually trolls or haters. It’s an annoying feature and I wish they’d remove it. That’s why I don’t post much on there.

• So if you don't know already, allkpop has a home page where people post articles. A lot of people there post negative comments and it is really annoying. Recently I posted a comment on an article about how V's Stigma acts as a "fan recruiter". I said this thing that I have seen on bts memes. "Once you Jimin you can't Jimout." I was talking about how someone gets interested in V, they get sucked in and possible become a fan of BTS. For some reason, that comment got a lot of downvotes. I asked why I got so many downvotes because I did not understand because I did not say anything negative. Here is the response I got, "Can you tell me why you kpoopies have this horrible habit of commenting on an Idol when, clearly, the article is about another artist? Are you envious? absurd jealousy? don't have much faith in your favorite? is having a hard time at home and need attention? What is the reason? Are you talking about Jimn from Bts? he's friends with Kim Taehyung, right? And the article is about Kim Taehyung." I was not trying to offend V, infact I was trying to praise him. I am an ot7 stan. Is it really bad if I use something I found on a meme about another idol to praise a specific idol? Did I do something wrong? Was that joke a forbidden joke? Am I not allowed to mention Jimin when talking about Taehyung? Please help me understand what I did wrong.

The homepage page is full of weirdos and (bts) haters

• I don't know what that place is :pepestare: I don't think I have read a alkp article in years, let alone read the comments below

But I'm sorry for you op, you did nothing wrong so don't let it get to you

• Official Post

As someone who spent a year as a commenter on the article side before I started posting on the forum, you did nothing wrong. The article side is full of trolls because they can get away with more there. I don't even read most of my replies even now because I know it's gonna be from a troll who says "flop" every other word.

Also if you ever see the hidden content message on a comment, just know it will never be worth your time to open it.

• Official Post

Bcos allkpop(main site) is filled with solo stans. They see everything as a competition between their faves and other team members. They don’t understand that for those who like and stan all 7, it’s not a big matter. They are freaking toxic .

I honestly wouldn't be surprised if it's a bunch of fake accounts run by the person who posts the articles. When I was over there a lot, I noticed that a lot of the comment accounts only post in articles made by the same person. They don't even show up on articles about their preferred member made by staff.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!