Holy crap! Have NCT gone and went epic and I MISSED it?!?

• In 2018, NCT had a comeback run where they had a whole chain of comeback MV's and song that showed huge diversity in song styles: Boss, Baby Don't Stop, Yestoday, Touch, Go and Black on Black.

I was stunned. I was awed.

I thought such an extensive comeback offensive was a marvelous and powerful thing to do and experience, and I've always found it a shame and saddening that it was apparently a one-time thing, something they never did like that again.

Then I saw a youtube reference to NCT's 'Resonance'.

It got me curious, and I clicked it and HOT DAMN...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0IpbvXVbBYA

It was phenomenal! And this was just a medley?!

So I went and saw '90s Love, Work It, Make A Wish, Misfit, and I saw their AAA and MAMA performances, and I feel like this is just the beginning of the rabbit hole I fell in.

Some early thoughts:

- I'm glad that this comeback chain gave other, previously underexposed and deserving members of NCT lots of opportunities to shine, especially Johnny and Ten who got the spotlight they deserve but also Jeno, Hendery and new guy Sungchan had their glorious moments and others as well.

- Johnny apparently has figured out his secret formula, and that's that he doesn't need a shirt anymore to perform, he does better without ^^

- Taeyong shows once again that he's unequaled in stage presence and flexibility with it, his expressions in Misfit track video are priceless (and so's four eyes Taeyong)

- Resonance is Black on Black 3.0: the evolved, upgraded successor of Black on Black raised to higher level of excellence

- The pure-rap track Misfit with 7 NCT rappers going hard was a revelation. Many NCT members got their moment of glory in this one.

- NCT exists out of 23 members now?! Come on, this is getting insane. Any more members, and we can't talk about a boy group anymore, but about the 'NCT Collective'

What became clear to me is that NCT has a LOT of heavy hitters in terms of idol talents. I watched their '90s Love dance practice and it was something entirely else: a few years back when I saw their performances and dance practices they were already top tier and at the top of their trade, but '90s Love dance practice and other recent performances went beyond that and left it all in the dust.

Those clean moves, all those little details, that sync and easy swagger... at this point I'm starting to think that no other group can do it like NCT anymore at the level they're now at.

This was a revelation and a pleasant surprise :)

I haven't kept up-to-date with K-pop for 4-5 months, but if a casual glance at the tip of the iceberg of what I've missed already produces awe inspiring gems like GFriend's MAGO and NCT's recent comeback offensive, I'm eager to find out what else I've missed the past months. Time to deepdive 8)

'No more shall man have wings to bear him to paradise. Henceforth, he shall walk.'

SWJ1P.gif

• Welcome to the rabbit hole :cryingr:

Resonance era is so iconic it finally made me stan another group for the first time in over a decade (since Super Junior). I'm going to miss this so much since now they'll go back to promoting in their respective units but there's an insane amount of content to watch and savour.

• Welcome to the rabbit hole :cryingr:

Resonance era is so iconic it finally made me stan another group for the first time in over a decade (since Super Junior). I'm going to miss this so much since now they'll go back to promoting in their respective units but there's an insane amount of content to watch and savour.

Yeah, they literally went far above and beyond the norm with their batch of comeback MV's the past 2-3 months.

And I've even just watched a couple of MV's and award performances and maybe 1-2 NCT daily vids, who knows how much more content they released since past Fall, I read somewhere that some of them got acting gigs upcoming (Jaehyun?).

'No more shall man have wings to bear him to paradise. Henceforth, he shall walk.'

SWJ1P.gif

• What are your songs ranking? just curious

• And let's not forget, the 100% rap showcase and hype song 'Misfit' (ain't seen nothing like it in K-pop):

Misfit track video

What are your songs ranking? just curious

I've only watched and listened to a few yet, so it's hard to compare so far:

Resonance, I really like for the performance and MV, but the song itself, not sure if it'd be as impressive without the MV and performance - it's a medley, after all.

'90s Love, I really love both song and MV, same for Misfit.

Make a Wish, I like the song more than the MV.

I still have to take a listen to their album Resonance pt 1 (and 2?).

I'm guessing you mean the songs of this comeback - if it's older songs, I really like 7th Sense, Baby Don't Stop, Yestoday, Boss, Superhuman and We Go Up out of the top of my head.

SWJ1P.gif

• where were you haha

they litteraly are double million seller now (sold 1M for part 1 and part 2 of resonance)

all of the songs of resonance is amazing, they're so versatile, im glad you like their music

NCT1_HIRES-3-1024x547.jpg

NEO

CULTURE

TECHNOLOGY

• where were you haha

they litteraly are double million seller now (sold 1M for part 1 and part 2 of resonance)

all of the songs of resonance is amazing, they're so versatile, im glad you like their music

Lol, yeah, I'm late to the party :P But at least I'm glad I've found out about their comeback songs right now.

And I really need to take the time to listen to their full album, haven't gotten the opportunity yet.

SWJ1P.gif

• Lol, yeah, I'm late to the party :P But at least I'm glad I've found out about their comeback songs right now.

And I really need to take the time to listen to their full album, haven't gotten the opportunity yet.

you won't regret it I swear !

in 4 years, the NCT had more than hundred songs all units

soooo you're lucky you have so many songs but also contents to discover !

NCT1_HIRES-3-1024x547.jpg

NEO

CULTURE

TECHNOLOGY

• What are your songs ranking? just curious

I stand corrected, I watched and listened to Make a Wish a couple more times, and both the song and the MV are great!

Ok, I came here to see if video embedding worked:

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Hah! It does :omgr: *happy*

Hmm... it doesn't resize itself though, to stick within the borders.

SWJ1P.gif

• OMG!! Taste :groovins:

• Nct is killing it and I'm here for it!

They are so talented and their discography is gold too.

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• I love Johnny with long hair and yes, his abs are a Yassss Yassss Yassss!

External Content youtu.be

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!