jongkey, shipping, and dating within kpop: a rant?

• was gonna post this in the anon section but this potentially has merit for discussion so here... i was just ranting out loud about most of this but i still felt like shit so i decided to write it down.

my mood is so ruined now. i was reading this rlly shitty jongkey fic from 2010 on livejournal because it was on a rec list and i was curious. but one of the chapters updated the day the news about jonghyun dating shin se kyung came out and the comments were hella disappointing. like it was these stupid teen girls crying about how depressed they were because jjong was dating and how disappointed they were because he hurt his fans. they were talking about wanting to comfort blingers and 'the jongkey community.' and some even had the audacity to say they were upset for key? the author was rlly upset and she even titled the chapter 'my otp is dying.' like bitch... the fucking audacity. this is the one time that he needs you right now and you just treat him like this? did you ever think about how he felt to be turned on by knetz and his own fans??? how could you just forget that he's his own person and you can't control his body or what he does or how he feels? he deserved love and normal relationships. i couldn't believe that these people were being genuine. and how could they prioritize a fucking ship over the actual living breathing person they claim to care about? how could they treat him like some doll or character to write about and ship with key and then drop him when he goes and actually finds love?? like bitch you're not depressed you're obsessed. just the fact that they actually thought it was real? that's so baffling to me. like y'all were really out here feeling this defensive and fighting and treating your own idol like shit over a fake relationship between caricatures of real people. did u rlly think when you wrote your little drabble or au that that was actually happening irl? fucking delusional. and making up some shit about key's feelings in your own head and then using that as justification to hate on jonghyun is absolutely fucking sick and twisted. it makes me want to vomit. if you call yourself a fan then you should be there 100% for your idol. fuck, it just pisses me off. he deserved better fans back then. i kept hearing from blingers on twt about how badly he was treated in 2010 and just in general over the years and how people like to gloss over that and pretend everything was perfect back then but it sucks to see it firsthand. really, they didn't know how fucking lucky they had it. i would kill to have been a fan back then and to have been able to support and love him. i guess fans weren't so enlightened about idols dating back then and i should cut them a break because they were probably like 12, but it's still disappointing. i like to think i would have been more mature but i was literally 5 back then so... who knows tbh. if i was in their position i probably would have done the same. it's so sad to think about tho. but yeah. im pretty upset now. and there's really nothing i can do about it. this is what i get for looking up 2010 livejournal fics. so moral of the story... let the past stay in the past? and don't take shipping so seriously that it harms your idols.

• was gonna post this in the anon section but this potentially has merit for discussion so here... i was just ranting out loud about most of this but i still felt like shit so i decided to write it down.

my mood is so ruined now. i was reading this rlly shitty jongkey fic from 2010 on livejournal because it was on a rec list and i was curious. but one of the chapters updated the day the news about jonghyun dating shin se kyung came out and the comments were hella disappointing. like it was these stupid teen girls crying about how depressed they were because jjong was dating and how disappointed they were because he hurt his fans. they were talking about wanting to comfort blingers and 'the jongkey community.' and some even had the audacity to say they were upset for key? the author was rlly upset and she even titled the chapter 'my otp is dying.' like bitch... the fucking audacity. this is the one time that he needs you right now and you just treat him like this? did you ever think about how he felt to be turned on by knetz and his own fans??? how could you just forget that he's his own person and you can't control his body or what he does or how he feels? he deserved love and normal relationships. i couldn't believe that these people were being genuine. and how could they prioritize a fucking ship over the actual living breathing person they claim to care about? how could they treat him like some doll or character to write about and ship with key and then drop him when he goes and actually finds love?? like bitch you're not depressed you're obsessed. just the fact that they actually thought it was real? that's so baffling to me. like y'all were really out here feeling this defensive and fighting and treating your own idol like shit over a fake relationship between caricatures of real people. did u rlly think when you wrote your little drabble or au that that was actually happening irl? fucking delusional. and making up some shit about key's feelings in your own head and then using that as justification to hate on jonghyun is absolutely fucking sick and twisted. it makes me want to vomit. if you call yourself a fan then you should be there 100% for your idol. fuck, it just pisses me off. he deserved better fans back then. i kept hearing from blingers on twt about how badly he was treated in 2010 and just in general over the years and how people like to gloss over that and pretend everything was perfect back then but it sucks to see it firsthand. really, they didn't know how fucking lucky they had it. i would kill to have been a fan back then and to have been able to support and love him. i guess fans weren't so enlightened about idols dating back then and i should cut them a break because they were probably like 12, but it's still disappointing. i like to think i would have been more mature but i was literally 5 back then so... who knows tbh. if i was in their position i probably would have done the same. it's so sad to think about tho. but yeah. im pretty upset now. and there's really nothing i can do about it. this is what i get for looking up 2010 livejournal fics. so moral of the story... let the past stay in the past? and don't take shipping so seriously that it harms your idols.

I mean the true colors of some fans really come out in situations like this

(Btw this really is not on topic, but I love the Hanbin gif <3 )

work in progress

• hopemin

Changed the title of the thread from “a rant?” to “jongkey, shipping, and dating within kpop: a rant?”.
  • Shipping real people is messed up. Shippers base their whole identity around something that isn’t even real, and forget the affect it has on those involved, or don’t care. It’s all about them and their dumb fantasies, meanwhile human beings are being hurt. Just look at how Louis Tomlinson and Harry Styles had their friendship ruined. It’s like a cult to be honest, a denial of reality, and unfortunately K pop companies feed into it.

I’ll never forget how Jonghyun’s so called fans treated him when he dated, all because it wasn’t who they fantasised about him dating. These fans don’t care about idols at all.

• I agree. Many people are far too protective over their idols, and if the shippers / delusional fans etc really liked them, they would be happy for them if they were in a relationship. When there's an idol I like and they get into a relationship or say who's their ideal type, I say it's sweet and they should be their own person.

They should leave their idols be, it's not their job to police their idol's whole life. :yesr:

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!