Lisa is going to perform at the VMAs tonight. Are you excited?

• Lisa is probably the biggest kpop idol of all time. And I know you all are very excited to see Lisa, the most talented K-pop idol in the industry, perform for the first time on the VMAs stage. I’m confident that Lisa will not disappoint us, unlike the previous artists. Let’s all come together to support Lisa. Lisa, fighting!

• Lisa is probably the biggest kpop idol of all time. And I know you all are very excited to see Lisa, the most talented K-pop idol in the industry, perform for the first time on the VMAs stage. I’m confident that Lisa will not disappoint us, unlike the previous artists. Let’s all come together to support Lisa. Lisa, fighting!

Nice joke, not gonna lie.🤣

Anyway, I don't think MTV cares about VMA, let alone other people. I always forget that MTV still exists till I read some article about them every year.

• New woman underperforming badly despite the massive promotions and a featuring with Rosalia proved this isn't remotely true friend.

Not only that, but she's not even close to being the biggest, let alone ALL-TIME!

Most-streamed female K-Pop soloists on Spotify (across all credits):

1. IU - 3B
    2. LISA - 2.48B
    3. JENNIE - 2.32B
    4. HWASA - 1.7B
    5. TAEYEON - 1.6B
    6. LeeHi - 1.22B
    7. BIBI - 935M
    8. CHUNG HA - 871
    9. ROSÉ - 815M
    10. SUNMI - 775M

Also, a couple of stats.

External Content x.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

External Content x.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

External Content x.com

External Content x.com

External Content x.com

External Content x.com

External Content x.com

And of course, Empress BoA, without Social Media and Streaming!

External Content x.com

• Nope. Haven't watched the VMAs in years, and this certainly won't change that.

:pepe-no-sign:

no

Honey. Lisa has 7 songs and all of her songs surpassed 100 million streams on Spotify including new woman . You try again.

• Interesting charts, she is almost 2 in all the charts with 7 songs.

She also had the most entries on Hot 100 for any female kpop.

Damn, Manoban is so cool man

• Honey. Lisa has 7 songs and all of her songs surpassed 100 million streams on Spotify including new woman . You try again.

So? Let's talk if she can do that for 16 years like IU without ZERO promotion outside of Asia! IU is #1 on Spotify and YT without doing what BP members and many other Kpop groups did.

No one is denying her success, but saying she's the biggest, not to mention the best, is ridiculous. IU wrote more lines in ONE song than Lisa in her 7. New Woman wasn't a bad song, but let's be real, out of 7 songs, at least 5 are basically the same with the same lyrics. So, calling her "the best" is nonsense.

And for the record, Lisa shouldn't be nominated at VMA, because she released her song too late, and that's why no one takes VMA seriously. Someone already said this in another thread that VMA is an attendance based Award show, so it doesn't really matter if the fans vote or not, the winners are already decided.

• Interesting charts, she is almost 2 in all the charts with 7 songs.

She also had the most entries on Hot 100 for any female kpop.

Damn, Manoban is so cool man

Well, she's one of the few Kpop soloists who's doing US promotions, and you can't chart on HOT100 if you don't do that, so it's not really a competition.

She has massive numbers for sure, but the fact that IU is #1 without any PR outside of Asia is a much bigger achievement. Especially because she's not part of a massive girl group, either.

Also, BoA's records are impressive as hell. She's in this industry for 24 years, yet only Lisa and Jisoo had bigger pre-orders since 2003! Only TWO Idol beat her record after 21 years!

So, for me, this is what I call "The Biggest" or "The Best".

Massive promotion? lol, more like your massive delululu

Let's retalk when your soloist girl can catch her

Idols like BP or BTS members doesn't need any PR, let's be real, okay? Her fans always say, she has 100M followers. Youtube, Insta, FB, Tiktok, Billboard, Rolling Stones etc always writing articles about her/their comebacks. If that's not a massive PR, I don't know what is, because there's only 2 or 3 group that all these platforms promote OFFICIALLY. BP, BTS and maybe TWICE or some other boy group, but that's all.

Yesterday, I saw Youtube's official Twitter page posting about Hwasa's cb, but that's all.

• Yeah WW, she's not on that title yet but it's just the beginning, more are coming... :cheer-bunny: . :meme-cheers:

I'm so happy :chicken-jump:

• you seem mad. It makes me happy

• you seem mad. It makes me happy

I'm mad, yes, because I'm done with clueless BP stans who can't do research.

I work on Insta as well, and all I see every day that ARMY uploading 1000s of videos about "BTS paved the way" and BLINKS saying Lisa is the Queen of Kpop, and Legends like BoA or IU are only known in Korea. And here you are talking nonsense too about her being the best and biggest, when the stats prove it's not true.

IF she's gonna do the same numbers or just HALF of this for at least 8-10 years, like BoA or IU, I will call Lisa the next Queen of Kpop my self!

Also, I have to state something important: Lisa is not a Kpop artist as a soloist, because she's Thai, and she's not workingt with any Korean company. She's a Pop artist!

• External Content x.com

• Kpop like with Tennis has stars like Anna Kournikova, for some years, they will be immensely popular, making more money outside their main profession, than in it. And far more popular than even the champions. They are good pros too.

But they will not be the legends of the sport, who will be remembered across time.

Streams, clicks, likes are all nice - but even within Kpop, there are different definitions of success.

Some by their art, some by their technical talent, some by their glamour (while it lasts)

• As we are speaking right now, Lisa is at 2.6 now and increasing at a rapid rate. 1-2 songs more and she will outstream IU and her gazillion number of songs :cursing: :cursing:

:cursing: :cursing: :cursing: :cursing: :cursing: :cursing: :cursing: :cursing: :cursing: :cursing: :cursing: :cursing: :cursing: :cursing: :cursing:
    ✴✴✴✴✴ KIM JISOO'S HUSBANDO ✴✴✴✴✴
    b7de288879b59732b5115a93d7f259edd464dd39.jpg2320df8ccb8a4af42b9e108fb34e3d8109964aae.jpg2a8fc619d348ef8f6380880604eb8bb8e97b8105.jpg

• Massive promotion? lol, more like your massive delululu

Let's retalk when your soloist girl can catch her

Be for real friend, she invested millions of dollars to debut her song with over 100M playlist reach on the first hour, and has spend a fortune on maintaining that over 3 weeks, plus getting the rosalia feature, the amount of money lisa has put into her 2 singles this year is astronomical.

screenshot-songstats.com-2024.09.12-02_17_03.png

• Be for real friend, she invested millions of dollars to debut her song with over 100M playlist reach on the first hour, and has spend a fortune on maintaining that over 3 weeks, plus getting the rosalia feature, the amount of money lisa has put into her 2 singles this year is astronomical.

screenshot-songstats.com-2024.09.12-02_17_03.png

Here we go again with the payola excuse. As if Jyp didn't have enough in his bank account.

Everyone has money and connections but like it or not Lisa is one of the most loved kpop idols.

• Here we go again with the payola excuse. As if Jyp didn't have enough in his bank account.

Everyone has money and connections but like it or not Lisa is one of the most loved kpop idols.

Are you suggesting payola doesn't exist? I don't know why you brought up JYP, but the lack of proper support for that company's artists is obvious. Meanwhile Lisa can do whatever she wants under her own label, and we all know that's the main reason she left YG, because she knew they wouldn't foot the bill for her solo career.

• This comment reeks of bitterness

• This thread contains 14 more posts that have been hidden for guests, please register yourself or login to continue reading.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!