What is your favourite jdrama?

• The first one that comes to mind for me is Delicious Gakuin.

Delicious Gakuin is maybe not a masterpiece, and is kinda silly, but I like it and find it entertaining.

I feel like the plot maybe would have fitted better for an anime rather than a drama. (and as far as I know, I don't think the drama is based on any manga.)

And the drama also has some jokes that some would find outdated.

One thing that I liked about the drama was some of the catchphrases like "rainbow decoration" and "spoon tornado".

I'm not that big of a jdrama fan, but I feel like Delicious Gakuin is perhaps one of the least talked about jdramas.

It has a good OST by AAA (the members Nishy and Shinjiro Atae starred in that drama)

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• Kimi Wa Petto - You're my pett

I loved it. It was quit random at first, but later I really begun to love it.

Storyline:

A.C.E | ATEEZ | DRIPPIN| MCND | NU'EST | ONF | SF9 | Stray Kids | TFN

Edited once, last by JiminieKookie ().

• My ultimate Jdrama is the Trick series with Abe Hiroshi and Nakama Yukie. It’s literally a cult classic in Japan and Asia lol. Amazing OST with Onitsuka Chihiro’s songs too.

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

But over the years, I have several Jdrama favorites by genre:

mystery - sci-fi: Erased

External Content youtu.be

Romance - my fav to this day is still Yamato Nadeshiko with Matsushima Nanako and Tsutsumi Shinichi

Hana Yori Dango - series remain superior too! Ditto the Nodame Cantabile drama too.

Recently thought that Cursed in Love was also pretty good with Yokohama Ryusei and Hamabe Minami

Historical - Ooku season with Kanno Miho from 2003.

Edited once, last by Yinye ().

• I have watched the first season of Trick a couple of years ago, I kind of like it, I think I also saw one or two of season II, but I did not like that as much if I rembember correctly. A bit same with Hana Yori Dango, I watch first season more because I was a bit curious over the hype, but was suprised I acctually enjoyed it. Saw a bit of season two, but did not at all get the same feeling for that one and droped it.

• I have watched the first season of Trick a couple of years ago, I kind of like it, I think I also saw one or two of season II, but I did not like that as much if I rembember correctly. A bit same with Hana Yori Dango, I watch first season more because I was a bit curious over the hype, but was suprised I acctually enjoyed it. Saw a bit of season two, but did not at all get the same feeling for that one and droped it.

The thing with Trick series is that although it has 3 TV seasons, it has TV specials and films in between! Actually googled—->>>(three seasons, four movies, and three feature-length TV specials)!!!!! It would make things very confusing for non-fans and casual viewers. Many of the jokes and more meaningful actions between key characters are from minor incidents spaces out all over the TV, specials, and films - randomly in series too. There’s also book specials as well lol.

• The thing with Trick series is that although it has 3 TV seasons, it has TV specials and films in between! Actually googled—->>>(three seasons, four movies, and three feature-length TV specials)!!!!! It would make things very confusing for non-fans and casual viewers. Many of the jokes and more meaningful actions between key characters are from minor incidents spaces out all over the TV, specials, and films - randomly in series too. There’s also book specials as well lol.

Yeah I can understand they where popular when they where new, but when you whath them like 15-20 years later it's a bit harder. The technical quality and formats have moved on a lot since the early 2000ies. But a lof of dramas from that time is still enjoyable.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!