POLL: What is your favourite type of drama?

• I don't have any favorites - I watch them all.

Quality shows are quality shows -- no matter where it's made and yes, there are quality shows from all countries - you just have to find them.

This past week, I was obsessed with Netflix's BEEF (which is an American show - incredible BTW), finished Divorce Attorney Shin (K-drama) and Story of My Family (J-drama) and finished a rewatching of Snow Sword Stride (C-drama).

I think this will be my next Jpn film though:

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• I'm watching pretty much strictly cdramas since covid started and one of the best thing is that they are on youtube at 1080p. I got a little tired of watching kdramas for many years prior to that. I have very little interest in watching any other types of drama. The only non cdrama I watched since covid was It's okay to not be okay a week or two ago. It was good and started very strong but lost steam later half. Favorite genre is probably romantic drama.

• Absolutely loved 'Empress Ki'. Out of all the Kdramas I've watched, this one is definitely hard to forget and it's only one the few dramas that I still cannot move on from. Eventhough there are newer dramas out there that are better in terms of cinematography, OST's, etc, after watching the drama, I was left thinking, 'Wow, now what do I do?' My life somehow felt empty after finishing the drama. I was on a Kdrama marathon but I had to take a break from watching because of the impression it left me with.

Ji Chang Wook, Ha Ji Won, and Jo Jin Woo along with the other casts really brought the drama to life and is one of the big reasons why I love this drama. The costumes, set, and the plot, were just fantastic! Definitely a MUST WATCH!! Though its kinda long, it's sooo worth it!

• 1.) K-Dramas

I tend to watch the rom com ones, because it brings me into a good mood. Currently really into mid to late 2000s & early 2010s K-dramas

2.) J-Dramas

Also watching mainly rom com ones with the occasional thriller ones, and the romcoms are so much cuter than K-Dramas. I love the slice-of-life settings so much

3.) Western Dramas

I think the most recent ones I've watched were Orange is the new black and Gilmore Girls, but they tend to drag on for so many seasons until it gets almost unenjoyable, hence i prefer one or two season dramas

4.) C-Dramas

Now I'm not too familiar with modern C-Dramas but the ones I've watched with my dad when I was a child were definitely interesting lol Mostly watched historical dramas but the ones I remember had some disturbing stuff on it. Plus the dubbing voiceover was horrible lol

• I watch pretty much 50/50 kramas and jdramas, but because kdramas have more episodes I still end spending more hours with kdramas. I don't normaly watch C-dramas, but now and then I watch a taiwanese drama. I not watch western "dramas", the western ones I watch is stuff like Game of Thrones , criminals and comedy stuff so I don't include them in ranking.

1. Jdramas. If I have so select I say jdramas, because a good jdramas is often better than a good kdramas. Jdramas is the king of cute slice-of-life kind of dramas and they also feels more real. But of cource we also have the real crazy stuff too, so the jdramas is more hit or miss, high tops and some low bottoms .

2. Kdramas. Pretty much always good quality and good enough stories, I mostly watch the rom-coms. Kdramas is like "basic food", you just can pick a rom-com pretty random and you know what you get, for good and bad. The varation is not as good as with jdramas, but it's "safe". But compared to jdramas I often feel the world in kdramas is not the same world I live in, but jdramas feels like the real world. Don't know why, maybe because there is always the rich and powerful charachers that are constantly a part of the kdramas world.

3. I don't rate mainland china dramas, only have tasted some of them, but I stick to taiwanese ones. Taiwanse dramas is even more hit or miss than jdramas with a lot of goofy overplaying characherts and the overall qualites is not always that good. But you also have gems and good dramas if you find them.

• One K drama I absolutely love is "Reply 1988." It's set in the late 1980s in South Korea and follows the lives of families in a neighborhood in Seoul. What makes it special is how it captures the essence of growing up, friendships, and family bonds. The characters feel so real, and you can't help but get attached to them. Plus, the soundtrack takes you back in time with classic K-pop songs from the '80s. It's a feel-good drama that's definitely worth watching!

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!