Have you ever traveled outside of the country? What is your ultimate travel destination?

• So yeah the question is in the title. Have you guys ever traveled outside the country you are now living in? If yes, tell us your experience. If no, what is your ultimate travel destination? & why?

Okay let's start with me.

I have been to Europe twice now. Once with dad for his work to London. But we didn't stay there long enough to explore the capital city first time around. The other time we as a family went for a month long vacation across Europe. Brussels, Amsterdam, London, Paris, Barcelona were our stops. To keep it short, I'll say Europe is such a beautiful place it is really worth it to go there. It really feels this came out of the book type. The only downside was that they didn't allow us out after 7PM since we were foreigners our travel guide said. We here in LA start exploring after 7PM lol.... I am definitely going there again whenever possible. Especially Brussels. That city has wow'd me.

I have visited 4-5 other countries but I think this is already getting long so I'll talk about another country which I loved alot and is probably right now my favourite travel destination. That is Brazil. The people over there are sooooo sweet, it cannot be put into words. They welcomed us with open arms and I felt like I was living in my own country. I already understand Spanish but they made me eager to learn Portugese as well. I have never felt more safe and enjoyed anywhere else more than there. It was a short stay of 8 days though and there are many many historical places to visit there. I am definitely going back there.

That's about me. Tell us yours. Looking forward to reading your experiences.

• i've travelled to a lot of countries and they all had it's charms but i think my favourite will always be taiwan, been there 5 times, i love eating and the food there is so affordable and amazing, tasted some of the best foods in the world there. i speak chinese and basic hokkien so i could get around pretty easily, my family loves taiwan too so i'll definitely want to go there first as soon as travelling is more safe

and onlyfacts ikr europe is such an amazing country continent to travel at, i went there once for 2 weeks to italy, paris, spain etc, especially italy, seeing the leaning towel of pisa and colosseum was seriously so amazing

• I've been to Singapore twice...and I really like it (notwithstanding the weather!!! lol)

but China's still my fav place...each province is very different from another and visiting one province in China might be totally different than another one...

for example as much as Chinese love rice some northern Chinese people don't eat rice regularly but prefer noodles or buns!!!

hell even the dialects are different...I remember going to Shanghai and one of the older grandmas was speaking to me in Mandarin but her dialect was so strong I couldn't understand it lol

• I live in Europe, so yes, I travelled out of my country numerous times, it happens all the time if everything is so close.

• and onlyfacts ikr europe is such an amazing country to travel at, i went there once for 2 weeks to italy, paris, spain etc, especially italy, seeing the leaning towel of pisa and colosseum was seriously so amazing

Just want to say that Europe is not a country ^^

• yeah a lot of times. we go to the states almost every year in the summers because my mums entire family lives in florida. i’ve not been to many european countries, just the uk and denmark. but i’ve seen a lot of the middle east (uae is super overrated) and some of east asia too.

my favorite country to travel to was turkey. went there like ten years ago but that vacation was everything. i was hoping to go again with my friends but then covid happened, so yeah.

• i've travelled to a lot of countries and they all had it's charms but i think my favourite will always be taiwan, been there 5 times, i love eating and the food there is so affordable and amazing, tasted some of the best foods in the world there. i speak chinese and basic hokkien so i could get around pretty easily, my family loves taiwan too so i'll definitely want to go there first as soon as travelling is more safe

and onlyfacts ikr europe is such an amazing country to travel at, i went there once for 2 weeks to italy, paris, spain etc, especially italy, seeing the leaning towel of pisa and colosseum was seriously so amazing

Thank you for telling us your experience in Taiwan. Don't mind me pinging you if I ever plan to go there 8o

I haven't been to Italy though. I'll go there next time. Idk why we skipped Italy and Germany. 'Colloseum' is one of the most iconic phenomenons in the world. I really want to visit Italy now :pepe-hype:

• Where were you not allowed out after 7?

Never heard of that :woow:

I’ve been to almost every country in Europe, some several times, a lot in the Middle east, Asia (India, Thailand, Seychelles if that is asia :/ , Africa, south america (Mexico and Brazil) and the US (love US - I always get compliments for my sneakers that I just bought there lol).

Next on my list is South Korea and Japan. And Vietnam, Indonesia, Cuba and Svalbard (Norway).

Dream is China, but not rn. And Australia and New Zealand.

I spend all my money on traveling lol. And thankfully my parents travel a lot too.

• I have heard alot about Singapore but never been there. I think icyruios is from there if I'm not wrong....

I have also been to China. But we only visited Shanghai province since our trip included China and Japan in just 7 days. China is too big a country to explore in that short time lol...... My experience in China was all about the cultural shock I got wherever I went. Buddha temple, pagoda, that famous square which is tourist attraction come to my mind right now. I like to understand and learn about different cultures so it was fun being there and experience something different.

• Ok I almost didn't recognise you with the whole new aesthetics

I'm from Singapore, been to

• Malaysia, a lot of times. We are just 1 bridge away so we can easily drive in early in the morning and come back at night. A lot of Singaporeans go to Malaysia to eat/shop because things there are relatively much cheaper and it isn't too inconvenient to go
    • Thailand, once with my friends. It was more of just a fun travel nearby just to experience the country and the food yes THE FOOD love loveeee Thai food
    • Beijing China, this was very long ago I barely remember it, basically it was a school overseas trip of 1 week
    • Hong Kong, multiple times when I was a toddler, a kid, an adult. They know Chinese mostly so it was still ok getting around, my Cantonese sucks. Mostly to sightsee and to eat yes you realise now most of my trips are for eating
    • USA, Virginia/Washington/NY/CA. I'm confused which are states or cities but whatever. This was during my overseas exchange in university I went to UVA which was in Charlottesville Virginia. This was my first time in a winter place (I went in Jan) so yeah I didn't actually expect it to be that cold. It was really nice and it's kinda homey? Like Charlottesville feels very peaceful town-ish sort of thing, almost kinda like the peaceful town scene kind of thing you see in movies the area is really central all about the university I feel. Went to Washington/NY during the break we took the train upwards. After my exchange we went to LA and San Fran in CA before heading back
    • Japan, this was a month before the huge covid thing in March so thankfully we manage to go before flights were RIP. And yes I love it because .... FOOOOOOD
  • Nope :pepe-sad: I dream of touring someplace rich with wildlife like Australia though

ahhh you want to visit the Australian wilderness???

Australia is a huge huge place...and most of it is uninhabitable which is why there is vast amounts of rich wildlife (and desert!!! lol)

it's also not very populated so the air is clean and environment is pretty!!!!

• I have heard alot about Singapore but never been there. I think icyruios is from there if I'm not wrong....

I have also been to China. But we only visited Shanghai province since our trip included China and Japan in just 7 days. China is too big a country to explore in that short time lol...... My experience in China was all about the cultural shock I got wherever I went. Buddha temple, pagoda, that famous square which is tourist attraction come to my mind right now. I like to understand and learn about different cultures so it was fun being there and experience something different.

Yes come join me we go eating everyday

:pepe-excited::pepe-excited::pepe-excited::pepe-excited:

• Yes, I've been to Ireland, Scotland, Wales, England, France and Canada. I loved all my travels because when I travel I always try and experience a place (that's true wherever I go, domestically or internationally). I ask locals for tips on where to eat and what to do and try to get outside of the usual tourist destinations. I also love trying new foods and am game to try anything once! I find because I'm usually quite open and friendly about wanting to know more about the place (instead of just getting what I get at home), people are always super helpful in showing me things! In Europe, I really appreciated the history. In California, our oldest places are only really from the 1800s or so, so it's always amazing to see medieval castles and churches or things like Stonehenge. There's definitely I think challenges about what I'm used to but again, that's the fun of travel.

There are so many places I'd love to explore. I'd love to go to Australia and New Zealand as my next big trip. Or Italy, which will be its own adventure because so far I've only been places where I am fluent (or at least pretty capable) in the language.

..............................................................................................................perfume

1a8e5b24bf1c6ccaa1e5bd8ca4a707841e1abe65.gif31addbb43f8bc3a9c9e7fff75dd7f232c5839f1f.gifd752226429a326c0a6d90dfff22926c1961158d1.gif

and onlyfacts ikr europe is such an amazing country to travel at, i went there once for 2 weeks to italy, paris, spain etc, especially italy, seeing the leaning towel of pisa and colosseum was seriously so amazing

I want to go to Taiwan too!

Uh Europe is not 1 country fyi

• ahhh you want to visit the Australian wilderness???

Australia is a huge huge place...and most of it is uninhabitable which is why there is vast amounts of rich wildlife (and desert!!! lol)

it's also not very populated so the air is clean and environment is pretty!!!!

They've got so many neat critters and because of Australia's strict export rules they are mostly impossible to see in any other country. I wanna see a Platypus ;(

• Ok I almost didn't recognise you with the whole new aesthetics

I'm from Singapore, been to

• Malaysia, a lot of times. We are just 1 bridge away so we can easily drive in early in the morning and come back at night. A lot of Singaporeans go to Malaysia to eat/shop because things there are relatively much cheaper and it isn't too inconvenient to go
    • Thailand, once with my friends. It was more of just a fun travel nearby just to experience the country and the food yes THE FOOD love loveeee Thai food
    • Beijing China, this was very long ago I barely remember it, basically it was a school overseas trip of 1 week
    • Hong Kong, multiple times when I was a toddler, a kid, an adult. They know Chinese mostly so it was still ok getting around, my Cantonese sucks. Mostly to sightsee and to eat yes you realise now most of my trips are for eating
    • USA, Virginia/Washington/NY/CA. I'm confused which are states or cities but whatever. This was during my overseas exchange in university I went to UVA which was in Charlottesville Virginia. This was my first time in a winter place (I went in Jan) so yeah I didn't actually expect it to be that cold. It was really nice and it's kinda homey? Like Charlottesville feels very peaceful town-ish sort of thing, almost kinda like the peaceful town scene kind of thing you see in movies the area is really central all about the university I feel. Went to Washington/NY during the break we took the train upwards. After my exchange we went to LA and San Fran in CA before heading back
    • Japan, this was a month before the huge covid thing in March so thankfully we manage to go before flights were RIP. And yes I love it because .... FOOOOOOD

Europe missing in your lidt I see :eyes: 8| :sunglasses:

• Well, I have several citizenships, so yea. My absolute favorite place though is Den Haag (The Hague) in the Netherlands though. Just the right size, with a great mix of people, shops, museums and history, great infrastructure, can bike to lots of great places including my favorite pannenkoeken house and my second love in the Netherlands, Delft. I just love the style of life there.

yeah one needs like a month (min) within one province...since each province is like the size of an European country lol

one of the things that gets me is the contrast between the cities such as Shanghai and some of the rural country areas...the disparity in terms of wealth and living conditions is immeasurable!!!!

like people like to complain about wealth gaps and wealth divide in the west but truly one is both humbled and appalled by the difference here (and most likely in a lot of asian countries as well)

• They've got so many neat critters and because of Australia's strict export rules they are mostly impossible to see in any other country. I wanna see a Platypus ;(

hey I saw one recently when I took my son to a wildlife park thingy...

yeah since most of them are like endangered or threatened so gotta be careful with that stuff

• We are opening up Sunday after a few months batling Omicron. We test like crazy!

I’m worried about visiting other countries who don’t test as much :huuh:

Have to see which countries are in the VTL list (Vaccinated Travel Lanes) so that I can skip quarantine

https://www.singaporeair.com/en_UK/sg/travel-info/vaccinated-travel-lanes/

• Well, I have several citizenships, so yea. My absolute favorite place though is Den Haag (The Hague) in the Netherlands though. Just the right size, with a great mix of people, shops, museums and history, great infrastructure, can bike to lots of great places including my favorite pannenkoeken house and my second love in the Netherlands, Delft. I just love the style of life there.

Every time I’ve been in Nederlands they talk to me in Dutch. Like no I know I look like a prototype but I don’t understand you lol.

Same in Germany, Sweden, Norway, Finland…

Like they think I’m so fake and pretending not to be from their place.

:nob:

• Yes come join me we go eating everyday

:pepe-excited::pepe-excited::pepe-excited::pepe-excited:

Eating is the best thing about travelling. Because everyone loves eating and all the countries have their specialities. That's why they say eating brings people closer.

yeah one needs like a month (min) within one province...since each province is like the size of an European country lol

one of the things that gets me is the contrast between the cities such as Shanghai and some of the rural country areas...the disparity in terms of wealth and living conditions is immeasurable!!!!

like people like to complain about wealth gaps and wealth divide in the west but truly one is both humbled and appalled by the difference here (and most likely in a lot of asian countries as well)

I'll take tips from you whenever I plan to visit China again. Seems like you know alot about the country.

• You're from Scandinavia right? Yea, I don't have that problem. Maybe if I went to the Philippines, lol. Though I realize I haven't gotten mistaken for Filipina in awhile since I lost my tan. Hmmm.

My significant other is from Italy, but he takes after his mother's side who is mostly from German stock so he's very fair for an Italian and yea, he's gotten a bit of the whole "You aren't from here?!" thing too! Indeed, here in the States, they think he's the native and not me who was born here! ARG. And really funny, his accent when speaking Italian is kinda English/German sounding now, so they think he's a tourist in Italy now. My Italian accent is actually really good, better than his and it really confuses Italians when we speak.

• You're from Scandinavia right? Yea, I don't have that problem. Maybe if I went to the Philippines, lol. Though I realize I haven't gotten mistaken for Filipina in awhile since I lost my tan. Hmmm.

My significant other is from Italy, but he takes after his mother's side who is mostly from German stock so he's very fair for an Italian and yea, he's gotten a bit of the whole "You aren't from here?!" thing too! Indeed, here in the States, they think he's the native and not me who was born here! ARG. And really funny, his accent when speaking Italian is kinda English/German sounding now, so they think he's a tourist in Italy now. My Italian accent is actually really good, better than his and it really confuses Italians when we speak.

Lol you just can’t win :pepe-hehe:

Yes I’m scandi and look like it :shyy:

• Yes, I have been to the UK and the US in the 80's. My late father had family in the UK and I didn't meet them till I was sixteen. It was an amazing trip. I would like to go to Europe but with the current situation won't be possible for a very long time, if ever.

• It just is. Everything feels so sus-sy

:peperun::peperun:

Good news is - as long as the countries doesn’t have quarantine - you’ll be fine if you are vaccinated.

The omicron is not as bad but it’s contagious like crazy. Like everyone has it lol.

Knock on wood I never had covid.

• My first trip overseas was to America to visit a friend who was living there at the time. We went to Michigan (where she lived), to Ohio, Pennsylvania and spent New Year's in New York City.

My second trip overseas was to Europe where some of my family lives. We went to England, France, Switzerland and Italy. I was sick on the day we were in France so I didn't go sight seeing except to the Moulin Rouge, but I've not really been interested in seeing Paris anyway so I didn't really mind (no offence to anyone who lives in Paris or who loves Paris, it's just not something I'm interested in). Switzerland was gorgeous and I wouldn't mind going back one day. And I got proposed to twice, once in England and once in Italy. It was so funny.

I had a trip planned around China, Japan, and South Korea in 2020, but of course COVID cancelled that lol.

Spending New Year's in NYC is one of the best life experiences for me too.....

I haven't been to Switzerland :crys: It looks so beautiful in pictures, I thought it was prohibited so that we don't do any damage to the beauty that it is. Just kidding but Switzerland is one of the best places on the planet and most sought after destination. I really need to plan a trip there.

I hope you get to visit China, Japan & South Korea. I really enjoyed my time in China and Japan. I am also planning to visit South Korea as soon as this pandemic fucks off from our planet.....

• This thread contains 80 more posts that have been hidden for guests, please register yourself or login to continue reading.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!