Is NewJeans international dominance being understated?

• I made a post yesterday providing some statistics I compiled for spotify monthly listeners, including some region data. I was not satisfied with the limited data spotify provides publicly, and was able to find some more comprehensive regional data for spotify monthly listeners and compiled it for the top 10 girl groups (unfortunately the site I used did not provide data for Idle, so KIOF was used). Raw data taken from songstats.com. the "listeners" column is the sum of listeners in that country for each group.

spotify_region_data.png

Now do take some of this with a grain of salt, as I'm not exactly sure how these numbers work. Like in SK for example, the data shows 0 listeners for twice, bp, 5050, and baemon. My assumption is that their viewers are low enough there for no data to be taken, since the ordering of the other groups is more or less in line with their perceived popularity.

As we can see, NJs has quite some dominance in the west, especially in the US with ~1/4 of the listeners. YG continues to have a chokehold on Indonesia, occupying ~30% of the listeners between BP and baemon. IVE only manages to crack the top 5 in SK. Overall I don't think this data is too surprising but it's still interesting to look at. The most impressive thing may be 5050 managing to maintain relevance as a disbanded group with 1 hit song.

So, based off this, do you think newjeans international presence is being understated? is this proof they are the most dominate group both domestically and internationally? let me know what you think :pepe-devil:

• No it wasn’t. It was often extremely overhyped and over exaggerated.

It’s facing backlash primarily because of the HYBE MHJ scandal.

If they can go back to receiving huge numbers in the forth coming years probably people will back to hyping it.

For now they’re on probation because people don’t blv what they’ve achieved is real. Lol.

• Your extremely delusional head canon has never been and never will be reality. I beg you. Stop spraying your dumpster juice opinions all over girl group threads. You literally have no idea what you're talking about, have absolutely zero factual evidence to support any of your claims, and when confronted with objective data, you ignore it because of your ridiculous commitment to your equally ridiculous cold takes.

They don't need to go back to doing something they're already doing.

Which girl group is the most streamed artist on Spotify this year?

Which girl group is getting the most daily streams on Spotify this year?

Which girl group is continuing to set Guinness records for how fast they're accumulating streams on Spotify?

And according to all you naysayers, they did it without Payola or token stan support. People keep bringing up the HYBE/ADOR drama like it's a negative, when the fact NewJeans is still clearly the top group of their generation solidifies the fact that their popularity is the real deal.

No, OP, I don't think their international popularity is underrated, because this the antis in this tiny echo chamber called the AKP forums are irrelevant and just salty over their success and how much I rub it in their faces, something I'm going to increase tenfold after all the fights they picked with me last month.

I recommend you all block me now if that's going to bother you.

• NewJeans Hit A Notable Benchmark With Two New Smashes In America
    This week, NewJeans owns 20% of the World Digital Song Sales chart. “Supernatural” opens at No. 2. A few spots further down, “Right Now” launches at No. 6.
    www.forbes.com

The girls seems doing fine.

The important thing is how much 💰 the girls can bring into Ador. Stream rank is really moo point especially Spotify which mostly the work of multistreams from the fans. Now how much album they can sold is the one that matter for their continuity in the future (otherwise MHj will be kicked out by BSH under low profit reason just like zico agency).

• giphy.gif?cid=6c09b952u4byhot9fhkkbt244nx8ji9d60cwkdvuxhw59uhf&ep=v1_internal_gif_by_id&rid=giphy.gif&ct=g

BLɅϽKPIИKJESSICAMEOVVMOO DENGNEWJEANSSEJEONGTHE ROSETWICEYERIN BAEKYUKIKA

931b476a8845696cee12b516765672754bc2ee4c.gifv98293eb140ef688be6c42c2b6153aa09fd3690bb.gifve10a81d25b0259bbebe35411de65baa3b0cbab61.gifv

• spotify monthly listeners

Do you happen to know the period of performance that the data is based off of?

Given that Kiss of Life, NewJeans, and Aespa all had comebacks recently, what I'm thinking is that the numbers might be biased in their favour due to the availability of all their new songs. Ideally, I'd like to see these numbers presented on a per-month basis, so we can identify any relevant historical trends.

• Your first error is trying to use spotify to prove anything when all of us now that newjeans spotify streams are thanks to hybe, when people talk about newjeans international popularity we are talking about their real popularity not the fake paid one by their label that you are presenting with this thread.

• Do you happen to know the period of performance that the data is based off of?

Given that Kiss of Life, NewJeans, and Aespa all had comebacks recently, what I'm thinking is that the numbers might be biased in their favour due to the availability of all their new songs. Ideally, I'd like to see these numbers presented on a per-month basis, so we can identify any relevant historical trends.

The website I grabbed the data from, songstats.com says "last 28 days". Now I'm not sure how they get the data, the website must have some sort of deal with spotify, since this data can't be accessed by someone like me. and as I said in my OP, take it with a grain of salt as it could be inaccurate, but it's the best I can find. I cannot get historical data sadly. Any site that does provide historical stats would have to be periodically querying spotify for data, storing it off, and then using it for those calculations.

Your first error is trying to use spotify to prove anything when all of us now that newjeans spotify streams are thanks to hybe, when people talk about newjeans international popularity we are talking about their real popularity not the fake paid one by their label that you are presenting with this thread.

I actually don't completely disagree. It could be no coincidence that the hybe groups appear to be among the groups with the highest avg Streams Per Track, but we simply cannot know. So, unless you can provide evidence refuting the data here, we have to conclude NJs is the biggest GG at this time.

• I actually don't completely disagree. It could be no coincidence that the hybe groups appear to be among the groups with the highest avg Streams Per Track, but we simply cannot know. So, unless you can provide evidence refuting the data here, we have to conclude NJs is the biggest GG at this time.

No we actually can by using the spotify charts, songstats playlist reach figures, kworb data, you are using monthly listeners that are heavily susceptible to playlisting, newjeans is the most playlisted kpop act after bts and blackpink thanks to hybe, in fact the song with more playlisting this year for them is 8 months old super shy that was still on today's top hits this february, it will take some time for the real listeners figures of newjeans to show in several months.

You are simply using wrong the data and analyzing it too, because newjeans despite having the most listeners they don't have the biggest streaming songs on spotify anymore now that they don't count with hybe, aespa, lesserafim, illit, babymonster all had bigger songs on spotify this year.

• No we actually can by using the spotify charts, songstats playlist reach figures, kworb data, you are using monthly listeners that are heavily susceptible to playlisting, newjeans is the most playlisted kpop act after bts and blackpink thanks to hybe, in fact the song with more playlisting this year for them is 8 months old super shy that was still on today's top hits this february, it will take some time for the real listeners figures of newjeans to show in several months.

You are simply using wrong the data and analyzing it too, because newjeans despite having the most listeners they don't have the biggest streaming songs on spotify anymore now that they don't count with hybe, aespa, lesserafim, illit, babymonster all had bigger songs on spotify this year.

hmm these aren't bad points actually. I suppose the playlisting would be having quite an influence on the numbers here, although it's tough to know how much. I wouldn't say the data I've provided definitively proves anything, but I don't think it's meaningless.

• In Korea, they are still no 1

WW, after the scandal, they end up doing like any top 4 gen group.

So yes

External Content x.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

"any top 4 gen group" they say, as if LSF isn't the only group remotely close to them.

• hmm these aren't bad points actually. I suppose the playlisting would be having quite an influence on the numbers here, although it's tough to know how much. I wouldn't say the data I've provided definitively proves anything, but I don't think it's meaningless.

Is great insightful data, you are just judging it wrong to prove a international popularity of newjeans that never existed.

But hey... did you just peaked into a fraudulent streaming farm scheme for yg acts on pitcairn islands with a population of just 42 people? Blackpink and babymonster getting thousands of listeners from there is simply impossible. :pepewhat:

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!