$ April-May AKP Cooking Contest $

• Official Post

April & May 2021

AKP Cooking & Baking contest!

rules:

must have handwritten note* on ingredients and on final image with username and “akp april-may”

staff may enter but will not be able to win akorns, only possible to win the $20 amazon gift card prizes.

1st place 500 akorns

2nd place 300 akorns

3rd place 100 akorns

IF I DECIDE TO RECREATE YOUR RECIPE BC IT SOUNDS YUMMY, regardless of if you even win 1st, 2nd or 3rd, there'll be a $20 Amazon gift code for you~ (USD only, sorry) if outside the US, i will try to think of something equivalent value, but to my discretion~

cook or bake something delicious, share recipe and pics or vid!

rules:

must have handwritten note* on ingredients and on final image with username and “akp april-may”

(deadline for entries is may 15th,

winners announced may 20th)

:danceb:

*handwritten requirement is to be fair and confirm this was created for this AKP contest~

February March contest winners!

We had so many delicious and amazing entries~

Penepol - 1st - teriyaki salmon, udon with fennel and greens, tamagoyaki with seaweed and scallions and some pickles.

Capture.JPG

Kittykitka - 2nd - rasberry clafoutis

Capture.JPG

creamylove - 3rd - healthy banana monkey bread in a mug

Capture.JPG

$20 Amazon GC - 4NIA4 - pork and dumplings with sauerkraut

Capture.JPG

honorable mention: the one and only johnny's Chateaubriand with Garlic-Rosemary Sautéed Potatoes and Sous Vide Asparagus!

look at this beautiful food!

image_13.jpg

GOOD LUCK EVERYONE!

previous contest: $ Feb-March AKP Cooking Contest $

• yay! another one, these are so fun! 2yr do we get more a higher chance of winning if it’s a simple recipe or is the more glamorous the better?

EN-: jungwon | heeseung | jay | jake | sunghoon | sunoo | ni-ki

External Content open.spotify.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• Official Post

yay! another one, these are so fun! 2yr do we get more a higher chance of winning if it’s a simple recipe or is the more glamorous the better?

both have equal chances, i weight it by how much care was taken to create it (whether it's glamorous OR simple) - and if it looks yummy. also remember the $20 side contest is random and it's possible to win both akorns and the money. i'm thinking of having some bonus RNG for this time as well, with extra bonus gift codes or actual prizes that i'll put all the names in a bowl (including past entries that didn't win) and just pick one to win, as a thank you for entering the contest and taking the time to follow the rules, etc. when we get enough participants, i will separate the savory from the sweet and have two different sets of prizes, but that's in the future~

also, please note...as you can see by the second post i made in the thread, even sandwiches and very very simple recipes can win as long as they are handmade and delicious! (well, clearly, i'm not winning my own contest, i just wanted to show that a sandwich is also an entry bc the entries we've seen can be very intimidating!)

• You need:

2 potato
    1/2 sweet potato
    1/2 zucchini
    1 onion
    2 eggs
    50ml milk
    50g grated cheese
    Salt
    Peper
    dried herbs
    Oil

1) Peel and than cut the onion and the vegetables into small pieces
    2) Put a bit oil in a frying pan and steam the onions till they get slightly brown and crispy
    3) Cook the vegetables in water till the are halfway cooked
    4) Mix 2 eggs with the milk, salt, peper and the dryed herbs
    5) Now put the vegetables into the frying pan and pour the egg over it
    6) If the egg is halfway cooked take the grated cheese and put it on top than close the frying pan with a lid and let it cook untill the cheese is melted

ExWGH-gW8AYLBvU.jpg

A.C.E | ATEEZ | DRIPPIN| MCND | NU'EST | ONF | SF9 | Stray Kids | TFN

• Official Post

this looks delicious!

please don't forget about the rule being that it must be a handwritten note~

• I made a Spinach, Barley, Potato and Bacon Soup. Couldn't find Barley so used Farro as a substitute. Tasted good but didn't look as the Barley version. Farro clouded the broth and couldn't see the ingredients in the finished Soup. Seeing what you were eating was half the fun.

Farro does have same texture and taste of a Barley. Farro absorbs more fluid than Barley.

A lesson in cooking. But now to make something else for the contest.

Edited once, last by 4NIA4 ().

• Shredded Chicken Meals and Stock.

Two Meals - Shredded Chicken Taco and Shredded Chicken Spaghetti Squash.

Byproduct - Chicken Stock.

Bonus - Peanut Butter Cookies.

Shredded Chicken and Chicken Stock using a Pressure Cooker.

Taco - Shredded Chicken

12L7qWS.jpg

Shredded Chicken Spaghetti Squash

nWD8eN0.jpg

Peanut Butter Cookies

k5pQY3N.jpg

Edited 4 times, last by 4NIA4 ().

• How do they make the yellowish soft tortilla in your neighborhood? Do they add cornmeal in wheat dough?

I will be able to make good tacos here on classic soft / hard shell tortilla that are hard to find from those factory ready made here .. i think good tortilla is supposed to be like naan bread that swelled up on the surface ,air inside and fluffy after baking on flat top, chewy , charred, wheaty / corn aroma. If that works then Asian version taco on its way..

:happyr:

• I used store bought Taco Shells. Directions say to heat them a few minutes.

That is impressive making Taco Shells from flat Tortillas. Online videos show frying or baking them. The Fried ones look awesome. Baked ones look easy to make. I haven't tried making Taco Shells. Store bought pre-made Taco shells look like their baked. They Crunch and break up easy. There is a Fast Food that offers Tacos with shells that could break teeth. Xd

Can use Corn Chips with ingredient spread over them. Taco-Nacho :dancer:

• My rankings

1st place

2yr - Korean seafood scallion pancake

haesoovoiceship - Babka + Flan patissier

chounim - Biscoff Cheesecake

chounim - Amandine

2nd place

chounim - Pesto Pasta

2yr - Ginger soy Chicken

JiminieKookie - Potato quiche

Looks like I could make with some success.

JiminieKookie - Potato quiche

2yr - Ginger soy Chicken

My Chicken may be worthy for instructional purposes. But it is very basic not a contender. The Peanut Butter Cookie is a contender.

• Official Post

I'm going to extend the contest for one more month since there aren't as many entries this time! I am going to up the akorns prize to make up for it~

Here are the entries so far:

12L7qWS.jpg  20210421_204024.jpg  20210427_191213.jpg

20210427_153947.jpg  ExWGH-gW8AYLBvU.jpg  IMG_2915.jpg  k5pQY3N.jpg

nWD8eN0.jpg  pasted-from-clipboard.png  IMG_3047.jpg

photo_2021-03-24_20-30-27.jpg  rIMvXUa.jpg  pasted-from-clipboard (1).png

Final deadline has been extended to June 15th!

• Galettes Bretonnes Complètepasted-from-clipboard.png

Of course this was delicious!

3x

• Official Post

omg this looks really tasty

• Official Post

WINNERS OF THE 456 AKP COOKING CONTEST!

THANK YOU EVERYONE FOR PARTICIPATING IN THE COOKING CONTEST

PRIZES WERE UPPED BC OF THE ADDED MONTH~

1ST PLACE - CHOUNIM'S VIBRANT PESTO PASTA

chounim pesto pasta.jpg

PRIZE - 1,000 AKORNS

CONGRATULATIONS chounim!!!!!!!

---

SECOND PLACE - 4NIA'S HEARTY SHREDDED CHICKEN SPAGHETTI SQUASH

nWD8eN0.jpg

PRIZE - 500 AKORNS

CONGRATULATIONS 4NIA4 !!!!!!!!

---

THIRD PLACE - HAESOOVOICESHIP'S BEAUTIFUL BABKA

pasted-from-clipboard.png

PRIZE - 300 AKORNS

CONGRATS haesoovoiceship !!!!!!!!!!

---

$20 AMAZON GC FOR THE DISH I DECIDED LOOKED SO YUMMY I HAD TO MAKE IT FOR MYSELF - HAESOOVOICESHIP'S Galettes Bretonnes Complète

(LOOK AT THIS!) haesoovoiceship PLEASE DM ME YOUR EMAIL ADDRESS TO SEND THE CODE TO BY THE END OF THE MONTH!

pasted-from-clipboard (1).png

---

HONORABLE MENTION - JIMINIECOOKIE'S DELICIOUS CHEESY POTATO ZUCCHINI OMELET

PRIZE - 100 AKORNS

CONGRATULATIONS JiminieKookie !!!!!

---

CONGRATULATIONS EVERYONE!

• Wow, congrats everyone and thanks 2yr for this contest. It was fun to participate and honor to compete with AKP Chefs and Bakers.

This round sure upped the game in presentation. Meals looked delicious and beautiful.

Thanks for 2nd place win, I tried to make a healthy meal. I really need to make better notes. XD

A real experience in international Cuisine. Appreciate the expertise AKP Chefs are sharing.

Already have some new recipes to post up.

• Holidays over indulgence - Double batch of Kraft Creamy Fudge.

Creamy Fudge from Kraft Recipe - Food.com

DCeAGtB.jpg

READY IN: 20mins SERVES: 81
    UNITS: US

INGREDIENTS

Nutrition

DIRECTIONS

• Lightly grease a foil-lined 9x9x2 inch pan; set aside.
    • Heat sugar, butter, evaporated milk, marshmallow, salt in a 3 quart sauce pan over a medium heat until it comes to a boil, stirring constantly.
    • Boil and stir for exactly 5 minutes.
    • Add chocolate chips and vanilla extract.
    • Stir until smooth.
    • Stir in optional walnuts.
    • Spread into pan, sprinkle with optional milk chocolate chips, more nuts, coconut and/or mini-marshmallows.
    • Refrigerate overnight, carefully turn out onto a cutting board, remove foil, flip back over and cut into 1-inch squares.
  • Pork Sirloin Roast - Open Face Sandwich.

Seared the Roast few minutes on each side. Coated the Roast with brown sugar and enclosed in Foil. On a cookie sheet cooked the Roast to 170F 77C internal temperature.

Slices of Roast placed on top of Bread and spread with Kraft Spicy Honey sauce.

14Bc1I5.jpg

Salad, Coke, Pineapple and Asparagus.(Sauce mayonnaise and worcestershire)

• This thread contains 8 more posts that have been hidden for guests, please register yourself or login to continue reading.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!