What made BlackPink so iconic from the start?

• You can say it's their excellent debut, their skills etc, but I think the number 1 thing is this:

They have very destinctive personalities and looks.

Even people who don't stan them, know all their names. That's rare for a kpop group.

Very often, it's just one or two that are famous, and the rest is less well-known.

Or people just know the songs without knowing the members.

However, with BP, we all know who they are. This is why I think all their solo endeavours will be successful.

• I think this is 100% due to how YG market the girls. Alot of brand deals and exposures. And I think some of their success lies in that, and also lies in YG did not have competitive GG within their company. During BP year, there's no other groups.

All other points however, I think you can also say just about any other groups. Btw, this doesn't discredit the success they had, just putting out the observations.

---======---

• yep

it probably what work with the spicy girls as all present different personalities and reflections of girlhood: sexy, cute, sporty, daring etc

its also one of the reasons kpop groups are rarely dress uniformly nowdays and they are smaller, bc setting a personality for each one, so every one has fandom its so important

• I definitely believe most of it is due to the members' charisma and confidence. They sold their girl-crush image very well and the members were all distinctive from the start (which they then capitalized well on by each member building their individual brand too along with the group).

They also came out with this more hard-hitting image/music at a time where a lot female idols were doing more cute concepts, no one was quite having that same charisma that BP brought imo so they stood out and appealed to fans who wanted female idols with stronger images.

a9888f11bb6ef6c2b673198d5343e8aab1efad58.jpg   5c40bd68412465344edf91a86be2dba01811fb34.jpg   5184d0e5ed837652c7895e93c6e75676da7c1512.jpg   70012d570dd06dce4792b2a5a73391112bc93bd9.jpg

• yes and also the fact that they are very different from each other, you can't mix their faces or overall body and personalities. They all had charisma and were cool while performing since debut.

Tbh when I first got in kpop and I was new, I mixed and couldn't differentiate even my first bias group Members and many others, but never with blackpink. They definitely have distinctive looks. Also no offence, but even now for example with illit or new jeans, they look so similar to me and I cant say whose who, even tho I know their names (again no offence)

• yes and also the fact that they are very different from each other, you can't mix their faces or overall body and personalities. They all had charisma and were cool while performing since debut.

Tbh when I first got in kpop and I was new, I mixed and couldn't differentiate even my first bias group Members and many others, but never with blackpink. They definitely have distinctive looks.

I never was a full on stan of BlackPink, though I appreciate their music and their charisma.

Even though not being a stan, it was so easy to get to know their names and who they were, so I agree with you.

• hype - there was a lot of it in the beginning (even though I wasn't around for most of it)

the music - they didn't pioneer girl crush but made it their own

swag? - you can call it charisma or confidence but there's a reason why people say one shouldn't cover YG songs since you can't cover that "swag"

personality - not from the start but each of them have very distinct and memorable personalities that allow them to shine both within the group and outside of the group itself

• YG is the correct answer. Their brand and reputation was at its absolute apex in 2016, and YG had been teasing his next girl group for literally 4 or 5 years. That and Whistle was a really, really good song.

• Lol, no, it's the members

If it was YG, all their groups would still be at the top and they're not

For me, at the start they got attention and recognition because they are from YGE and music also from YG.. How much YG resources they use to make BP stand out.. You cannot denied that but the talents of members which can backed the resources out from YG and appeal to listeners.

• They had all their bases covered from the beginning. Every member held her own either in performing, dancing, singing, personality, rapping etc

Very well rounded with no holes, distinct personalities that were both strong and laidback.

BLACKPINKJESSICANEWJEANSSEJEONGTHE ROSETWICEYERIN BAEKYUKIKA

d5d89d5cd0ded673ad05b4ad8aa66c2a681af589.webpdd50b6cd6932ff0d00806a3981d3928185ee94c1.webp889793cb4f55d557baefb7c564c4b94a3129681d.webp

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!