Do you like comics/ mangas/ graphic novels?

• Well... I'm currently reading a series of comics, which I used to read when I was younger.

After I had read some Skip Beat! mangas recently, I felt like reading more manga, graphic novels and comics.

When I was a child, I used to read Donald Duck comics.

Back when I was only monolingual, I used to just look at the pictures because I couldn't read Danish. (well... before 1st grade, I of course couldn't read at all)

I used to read Belgian comics too, when I was younger, e.g. Lucky Luke, Spirou & Fantasio and Asterix.

And as an early teen, I got into anime and manga, and read Naruto and other stuff.

In 2020, I remember reading some of the Donald Duck comics, I used to read when I was younger.

I still read manga sometimes.

I do also read books that have only words though.

• Yes!

I love manga!

from 'Diamond no Ace', or 'Bungo', or 'Ao Ashi'

to titles like 'Kanojo, Okarishimasu', or 'Wondance'

sometimes I read some random suggestion on mangadex

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• Yeah. I fell out of comics recently since they went down the shitter in the last 10 years. Last time we had some actual good stuff out was what? 8-10 years ago with Rocket Girl, Saga, Rat Queens and East of West.

These days most of the art is rushed and shit and the stories are tragic, cont remember the last time I got into a good comic for more than one or two issue.

• Saga

God Saga fell off so bad after it returned from its long hiatus.

I've been reading comics for years and years. Usually read about 8-10 new releases a week. Dont buy comics anymore, just download them from download sites.

X-men is my main stuff, but also read a lot more besides from all genres and publishers. Spiderman, Batman, Transformers, and Daredevil I also read.

X-men has been great the past few years with the Krakoa error stuff, but that ended and they botched and rushed the ending, which is sad.

There also some really good non superhero stuff still going like Beneath the Trees Where Nobody Sees, Undiscovered Country, Department of Truth, Somebody is Killing the Children, w0rldtr33

But weirdly I just can't get into Manga at all. I've tried so many times but just... eh....

• To be honest, I think Saga was falling off even before that, I think it started to really weaken in the mid 30's and the stuff they came back with after like 4 years was garbage. I made it through about 5 issues and dropped it at that point.

The last Manga I Read was Origin. It's Boichi. That was okay imho, I only kept with it since I was a decently big fan of Sun Ken Rock. But even Origin finishes like half a decade ago at this point.

I heard Something is Killing the Children is supposed to be good and I saw Artgerm did a cover for them a while back on his IG so I was interested in checking it out but never followed through.

The only book I enjoyed recently is Little Monsters.

• I used to read manga back when I was a teen. But one manga was so good, that it ruined the anime for me. Later on I found out that many people said the anime was just shit in general and so they understood why I stoped watching it

A.C.E | ATEEZ | DRIPPIN| MCND | NU'EST | ONF | SF9 | Stray Kids | TFN

• Yeah, but I don't read those as I have not been gotten one for years.

~~ :red-heart: QUEEN SUNMI :red-heart: ~~

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!