RANT: One thing Tokkis and their antis can agree on regarding NJ...they need to quit being inspired by Pink Pantheress. (not related to Hybe/MHJ scandal for those tired of it lol)

• External Content x.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

She is really pissing me off with these comments. She is everything that is wrong with pop music today. And the fact that this influence has spread to Kpop is highly disconcerting.

Stripping everything out of music turns it into a literal algorithm where a soulless computer run by chili dog nerd "producers" who have never once picked up a musical instrument churn out 2 minute jingles that are promoted as "songs" by bankrupt, soulless corporate suits. People used to make fun of songs that get sold to corporations to be used in their TV ads, we used to call them manufactured trash, sellouts, etc.

Now, we've got "artists" who think THIS is what we need more of, 2 minute vamps that are devoid of even the slightest hint of storytelling, musicality, creativity, or passion.

Imagine instead of the Pink Pantheress songs we've gotten so far from NJ, that someone like Teddy Park gets hired to manage New Jeans. Imagine how amazing it would be if NJ was rebranded like this and started churning out real songs, with intros, prechoruses, bridges, outros, drops, post choruses, everything that makes music unique, exciting, emotional and impactful.

Imagine if instead of singing 5 note songs in the exact same style, someone like Dany or Hanni got to sing a real song with real emotions and real dynamics. Imagine if Minji got to rap like Top or Lisa or Jennie or CL Imagine NJ performing REAL MUSIC, REAL ART like Bangbangbang, Lovesick Girls, and Ugly, instead of what they've given us so far.

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• 2 minute songs to me are just pure laziness. It's just a tactic to record songs quicker and not spend time cultivating something worth listening to.

New Jeans are starting to feel the effects of this, they're not flopping at all their just not doing as well as they were before. Stop making music that is lack luster, Hybe Boy was exciting and fun, How sweet is mellow and timid. There's a slight difference that any consumer who has music taste can hear.

• Newjeans last 2 singles fixed all this old man :pepe-toast:

2 minute songs to me are just pure laziness. It's just a tactic to record songs quicker and not spend time cultivating something worth listening to.

New Jeans are starting to feel the effects of this, they're not flopping at all their just not doing as well as they were before. Stop making music that is lack luster, Hybe Boy was exciting and fun, How sweet is mellow and timid. There's a slight difference that any consumer who has music taste can hear.

How Sweet is the definition of boring. I cant even remember the song, hell i cant even remember the rating i gave to the song or if i even posted a rating, that's how completely unimpactful it is.

I do agree that BubbleGum is different, it's my favorite or second favorite NJ song with OMG. LOVED the rap, loved the verses, loved the chorus, loved the short little interlude, loved the retro beat. OMG still has that amazing bridge but Bubble is probably the better overall song.

• My opinion is...just don't listen to artists who produce shorter songs? Like if Pink Pantheress's philosophy on song production offends you then don't stream her songs and listen to your favorite artists like Meatloaf or whoever it is you keep plugging in any conversation about vocals :meme-kek:

• 2 minute songs to me are just pure laziness. It's just a tactic to record songs quicker and not spend time cultivating something worth listening to.

I guess people just like pure laziness then

• this is purely her artistic vision, let her be. some of the greatest songs and music i've ever listened to are under the 3 minutes mark, it has nothing to do with the lenght of a record, but rather the artistic process and reason behind it and how the context we're living it forces artists to release music short enough to not "bore" their audience. i think that now, people are being used to consume things at a very rapid pace, no time to enjoy and appreciate art, we lose our ability to concentrate, to enjoy one thing at a time and that's what is destroying us as people and also our creations

• i dont know why you care that much. just dont view or listen to it. obviously its working for a lot of people and thats fine. like nj and now aespa has been killing it but regardless i have never been interested in them and most kpop groups in general. i have yet to view and listen to most and recent mv of nj's and i havent completed listening to aespa new song despite breaking records.

what can me and you do my man! we taking your mini cooper and hunt her down or what! what vlogs do you want to terrorize?

Exactly! Kids nowadays can't focus for more than 2 minute, yet they're spending HOURS on Tiktok and Insta every day.

90% of the songs that are shorter than 3 minute are garbage or average at best! I said this many times:

If a musician can't create a music longer than 3 minute without being boring, they're not real artists. These new "musicians" are not real artists, they're influencers. This is the future of the Music industry. At least, the mainstream part of it.

The most Iconic songs of all-time, are longer than 3 or even 4 minute. If someone wants to be a musician, but don't know how to do it properly, just want to be an influencer and making trendy songs, they should work in Tesco.

This isn't only about Kpop, btw. This is the sad reality of the music industry overall.

And for the record, real artist can make great songs under 3 minute as well, but it's still made for social media platforms.

• it doesn't bother me that pink panthress wants to release 2 minut songs.shes free to release songs with whateve lenght she wants.

i don't think every song should be 2 minuts long.

i think artists should release songs with whatever lenght they feel the song needs.

like even if a song is 15 minutes long.

it doesn't matter.

• My opinion is...just don't listen to artists who produce shorter songs? Like if Pink Pantheress's philosophy on song production offends you then don't stream her songs and listen to your favorite artists like Meatloaf or whoever it is you keep plugging in any conversation about vocals :meme-kek:

This is the second time I heard about her. The first one was on Twitter, and I thought, someone's talking about the Pink Panther. Not a singer.🤣

pasted-from-clipboard.png

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!