People on Twitter accuse Min Heejin of plagiarising a Japanese girlgroup from the 90s

• The entire Tweet is reffering to the girlgroup SPEED and especially to album art and musicvideo-concepts

External Content x.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

External Content x.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

GLydBYIXUAEsJQ0.jpg

GLydBYHWgAAZ5mr.jpg

GLydBYKWUAAGmaR.jpg

External Content x.com

External Content x.com

External Content x.com

GLylMrMaAAQOusg.jpg

External Content x.com

External Content x.com

External Content x.com

A.C.E | ATEEZ | DRIPPIN| MCND | NU'EST | ONF | SF9 | Stray Kids | TFN

• lmao and that group took inspiration from an American group TLC if I remember it right. These people/kids really have no idea. Japan also took/take inspirations from Europe and American music.

Really sad to see fans being weaponized to this extent and losing their marbles over "getting" her.

• lol i guess i gave MHJ too much credit. She literally stole EVERYTHING omg.

mhj has always recycle ideas

i never got the fascination people have with her

her most unique concept was pink tape and some fx albums but after that is a recycling of things she did before or someone already did before

her calling for copying or takin on concepts its basically calling out herself

• Yeah, this is what an actual plagiarism claim looks like, TBH.

The Speed company can actually make a case here at miss MHJ ^^

:meme-popcorn:

Isn't it true that the Bunny and fonts came after NJs? Why does it keep popping up?

The substance of the music video Yes, it is completely plagiarized, but we chose to overlook it.

• honestly she was being a hypocrite by saying that illit was copying nj even tho she copyed someone else, thats why ppl are like this

No what she said was that Hybe copied the formula for NJs. Basically it was the pictorials, hiring same makeup artist and hair stylist, same styling, having the same sequence of dance moves without asking for permission, same debut type of event, almost the same type of pictorials, etc. It was not for just one thing. I can honestly understand why she felt the way she did. To be frank, when I started looking at NJs material and came across Illit I really thought it was NJs at first glance and I am not the only one. I was browsing with someone else and they also said the same thing. The person asked me why does this group have two names and it made me laugh.

Also, most music nowadays is recycling of old music. There really is very little "new" things even in western music. If you go back far enough, you can even say Japanese music was likely influenced by Chinese music and so on. It's a slippery road. Even western world has it's own shares of homages/inspirations.

But what Hybe did with Illit is not the same thing as these inspirations. It's like they had a math equation they had to solve and they solved it exactly the same way as someone else (MHJ).

• mhj has always recycle ideas

i never got the fascination people have with her

her most unique concept was pink tape and some fx albums but after that is a recycling of things she did before or someone already did before

her calling for copying or takin on concepts its basically calling out herself

She breathes life into old, uninteresting concepts by simply reimagining them and transforming them. If everyone could do this, then every group in our country would be a masterpiece. Reality, now there are no original ideas, simply because the person has already gone through all possible concepts, all that remains is to take the old ones and make new ones based on them. MHJ is really very genius, it just makes an uninteresting concept relevant

• She breathes life into old, uninteresting concepts by simply reimagining them and transforming them. If everyone could do this, then every group in our country would be a masterpiece. Reality, now there are no original ideas, simply because the person has already gone through all possible concepts, all that remains is to take the old ones and make new ones based on them. MHJ is really very genius, it just makes an uninteresting concept relevant

the thing is a big chunk of the groups visuals she manage arent that

i know new mhj fans like to ignore the time she was in sm, which was a long long time

but that wont magically erase the repetitive and bland way she directed past concepts who where booed bc they weren't wrapped in a new shiny toy

new jeans new photos for this cmb are in white ass background, what is new or innovatie about that? or she back in her old boring sm days when its just been barely 2 years of nj debut?

• She breathes life into old, uninteresting concepts by simply reimagining them and transforming them. If everyone could do this, then every group in our country would be a masterpiece. Reality, now there are no original ideas, simply because the person has already gone through all possible concepts, all that remains is to take the old ones and make new ones based on them. MHJ is really very genius, it just makes an uninteresting concept relevant

be serious there is nothing genius about her she even recycles her own concepts that she did in the time she worked in sm and nj music is on the boring side. I guess it's a matter of taste but they benefitted for having hybe resources if they were in another label I wonder if people would have been praising this concept as much because it has been done before.

• The bunny cover one is false information.

Nj was ripped off

External Content x.com

↤↤↤↤↤ 𝙾𝙻𝙸𝚅𝙸𝙰 ↦↦↦↦↦

6d0d7875e11d07714f25da188580cef295fdf10c.gifvdecf6416dfaf01977d40e13c42c2f4bbb4e7c70d.gifv 77e6df9b1f22414e6b91cbc3acda493bfa238838.gifv 1b049aaa8933d8ba3f1f27bd9646755ba0365d5f.gifv 77e6df9b1f22414e6b91cbc3acda493bfa238838.gifv 4044d1a9cff2b17d23fb421a3f33075191b46b91.gifv6d0d7875e11d07714f25da188580cef295fdf10c.gifv

• This is what plagiarism looks like when a single work has been copied from frame to frame and even the settings has been copied lol. It's funny how those Min Heejin stans overlook this and come at ILLIT accusing them of plagiarism when this is the clear plagiarism.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!