[Advice?] How did you deal with the regret of not giving someone your number?

• I posted this in the lounge because I wasn't sure where else to post it, but because I know some are older then me here I wanted to get some advice, or anything you did afterwards.

So today I just got home from having dinner with my family, and I really regret not giving my number to this really cute girl. She had super curly hair, the cutest cardigan, and gold glasses.

We made eye contact a couple times, but I can't help but regret not giving her my number.

I think part of it was because she appeared to having a some what adult/ grown up conversation with what I assumed was her grandparents, and she did look a little older then me, maybe 24 - 25?.

But I didn't want to assume she was bisexual/ liked girls, and I haven't been out for that long. I have bumble and stuff but always wanted to meet someone without the app/ in person. And I do regret it, I think even my brother could tell since I kinda kept looking over, but he's much more confident then I am. She was so cute and so my type.

Have you ever dealt with anything like this before? Did you come to the conclusion that maybe it just wasn't the right time for you to give them (her/him) your number and realize you have to work to get there? I'm regretful but I think it was a good first step!

• better to not thinking about and get back on that metaphorical horse and more fish in the sea

regret is something that will eat you up inside if you are constantly wondering what ifs

• better to not thinking about and get back on that metaphorical horse and more fish in the sea

regret is something that will eat you up inside if you are constantly wondering what ifs

This is so well said, thanks :mesmerized-bee::bees-knees:

• Don't regret, but don't forget. Instead, let it be a lesson.

Doesn't sound like I agree with selfmate, but I do. There's no use letting it weigh you down, but next time, you'll remember you don't want a "repeat". I can 100% respect that you thought it might not have been an appropriate time.

hence

'tis better to have loved and lost than to never have loved at all

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!