TWICE on Dingo Killing Voice

• External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

OnceTaglist

• listening to it right now!!! lol

wonder what their thought process was in terms deciding the songs - especially the bsides

Also the only bside they did was Candy.

Which I thought is an odd choice considering it's not a popular bside and a bit too much English for them to sing live....

But then they started harmonizing and I'm like oh...I see ... :flower-cutie:

Still many many potential bside that would had been incredible to perform to showcase their voice... all the recent bsides would had been a great showcase but I guess with 30 minutes only, Candy was an ok ending song since its so sweet.

• I'm so frustrated...

Not because anything is wrong but i realize one episode is not enough!! They did 10% of their discography :flop:

I'm praying to see "due to popular demand, a part 2 will be released" lol

they do have like almost 200 songs at this point (I think lol) I mean there's only so much they can perform within the 30 min

obviously the more songs the merrier but I'm very happy they decided to do killing voice

• Alright they chose all fan favourites and still we have tons left to desire - too many song, that was fun! <3

Also this made me realise I need more JY vocals in my life :lovec:

• External Content twitter.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

External Content twitter.com

• Yes...Twice proved their mic is on

Their I Got You and One Spark sounded like the actual studio version.

given the recent success of Look at me on tiktok I thought they would perform that one...

isn't the term eating CDs??? lol

• You forgot Turtle

• Why the hell are all those English singles in the setlist over iconic songs like ICSM and CFM?? Like The Feels is understandable but MS?? IGY???? Whoever decided the setlist needs to have a talk with me :pepe-laser-eyes:

Also why Candy.. Say Something is so much better. They didn't perform any song from Eyes Wide Open era :pepefacepalm::pepe-sad:

Candy is a fan song

• Why the hell are all those English singles in the setlist over iconic songs like ICSM and CFM?? Like The Feels is understandable but MS?? IGY???? Whoever decided the setlist needs to have a talk with me :pepe-laser-eyes:

Also why Candy.. Say Something is so much better. They didn't perform any song from Eyes Wide Open era :pepefacepalm::pepe-sad:

Every Killing Voice is always do two or so songs from the current comeback that they are currently practicing and promoting, obviously IGY was gonna be in, that was never in doubt.

• Yes...Twice proved their mic is on

Their I Got You and One Spark sounded like the actual studio version.

At DINGO, the Mic is always ON, and the studio version of "I got you" especially "One Spark" is utter crap. Before you and other ONCES start a war against me, PLEASE read my whole comment, trust me I'm not trashing TWICE!

So, I watched the entire performance, and this video made me f-ing MAD!😡 With DINGO's help the girls showed everyone why I loved them back in the days! They're not a vocal group, BUT they can sing, I mean some of them. There's a reason only 3 or 4 of them did the vocal parts, but when you have 9 girls that's not a problem. The rest of them are backup singers basically.

The REAL problem is that this video proved I was right all along about JYP! I don't even remember when was the last time I heard a clear voice from them, a real resonance in their voice, a good belting or their breath, because JYP autotuning the shit out of their voice for literally ZERO reason!

I mean, go compare "I got You", but mostly "One Spark" with this version. Their voice are not like a freakin' dolphin on crack.

In the "One Spark" MV last part at 2:58 when she sings: "Cuz my heart is burning, burning, burning"

External Content youtu.be

Now, compare that with this at 28:28.

The difference is like night and day! I know their hardcore fans doesn't really care about this, but for me, this is disgusting, because JYP is the reason I can't listen to any NEW TWICE song anymore.

Rant is over!✌️

• As they should.

Candy is top 3 of Twice b-sides. :yesr:

PGDPGT PRETTY GIRLS DOING PRETTY GIRL THINGS

417aa1c7e1372f9ae29d8e2f659d3f12cf0db4d9.gifv0d1493f18550d15d02f4c2bba44c12bdc01f518d.gifv

• LOL! Looks like some TWICE fans are JYP stans, too. Sad, really. Wonder why the facepalm reaction, but no comments about why you didn't like my opinion about the company. Rednas  Water_oWl  barnaby take your time, I'm waiting. Let's talk it out, if you can accept different opinions other than: "Oh my God JYP is the best." because I actually praised the girls, so I don't get what is your problem. I don't mind the "facepalm" reaction, but without a comment it's just lazy, just like JYP.🤣

• Everybody touches up the final product in any kind of art piece.

I'm a photographer, for example, and I'll almost never post any shot without touching it up in one way or another.

Take wedding photos for example, the client simply don't want the RAW images. They want the images with the bumped up saturation, increased contrast, skin smoothing, etc.

And the same goes with music. Not everyone wants to hear the breathing and any imperfections in the studio track.

Well have difference in opinions but there's a time and place for the raw vocal like concerts and other live events but I don't see anything wrong with some autotune in the studio version.

• I'm a graphic designer, trust me, I know what you're talking about, but if you're good at your job you don't have to fix many things if the picture is already good enough. My problem is not fixing little mistakes. A lot of company uses autotune and many other things to make a song sound better. But this video proved they don't need any autotune, at all. Maybe a little for the so called "backup singers", but that's all. I mean, their main and lead vocalists are good enough. Overall they're average, but in Kpop they're a bit better. That's why it irritates me, especially because in their early years JYP didn't do that, so I don't get it why are they doing it now. Honestly, TWICE is like SNSD without Taeyeon. That's like the best compliment I could give them.

Some people maybe don't want to hear their breaths, but this is why people criticize Idols, because they can't hear the difference between two version. One thing to remove their breaths, but removing the vibration in their voice to make the belting cleaner makes them sound like robots. In art school, they literally teach you to make some mistakes, because it makes your art stand out, more original.

You're a photographer, I'm sure you know that using a little help is okay, but using too much is not. For me, TWICE is MILES better on this Killing Voice than on their studio version. Also, a lot of singers do lip sync at concerts, too.

• LOL! Looks like some TWICE fans are JYP stans, too. Sad, really. Wonder why the facepalm reaction, but no comments about why you didn't like my opinion about the company. Rednas  Water_oWl  barnaby take your time, I'm waiting. Let's talk it out, if you can accept different opinions other than: "Oh my God JYP is the best." because I actually praised the girls, so I don't get what is your problem. I don't mind the "facepalm" reaction, but without a comment it's just lazy, just like JYP.🤣

You are just a fool, to think the way you think about song production, and I didn't want to give you more time than needed for a facepalm reaction is all :whatb:

Please don't mention/quote me anymore

• I'm a graphic designer, trust me, I know what you're talking about, but if you're good at your job you don't have to fix many things if the picture is already good enough. My problem is not fixing little mistakes. A lot of company uses autotune and many other things to make a song sound better. But this video proved they don't need any autotune, at all. Maybe a little for the so called "backup singers", but that's all. I mean, their main and lead vocalists are good enough. Overall they're average, but in Kpop they're a bit better. That's why it irritates me, especially because in their early years JYP didn't do that, so I don't get it why are they doing it now. Honestly, TWICE is like SNSD without Taeyeon. That's like the best compliment I could give them.

Some people maybe don't want to hear their breaths, but this is why people criticize Idols, because they can't hear the difference between two version. One thing to remove their breaths, but removing the vibration in their voice to make the belting cleaner makes them sound like robots. In art school, they literally teach you to make some mistakes, because it makes your art stand out, more original.

You're a photographer, I'm sure you know that using a little help is okay, but using too much is not. For me, TWICE is MILES better on this Killing Voice than on their studio version. Also, a lot of singers do lip sync at concerts, too.

I think we can both agree on a few things.

1.) Twice can sing

2.) They don't need autotune.

But us being photographer and graphic design, we have clients/boss to appease.

Thinking of this from the song producers point of view.

Twice has been heavily scrutinized for their vocals. This only adds pressure for the song producer to make sure the vocal is flawless thus increasing the use of autotune.

The heavy auto tune is the result of hate from outside the group, not within the fandom. In a way, if anyone is to blame for the product now, it would be all the antis.

Where we'll have to disagree is the degree of auto tune used. You, as a purist, will no doubt find issue with this. But let's be honest, the majority of kpop fans just don't. As the music producer, do you make the song to fit the small minority that are vocal purist or do you make it for the majority? For fans who dislike the song, few is because of the vocals or autotune, they simply dislike it for other reasons.

Again, I can respect your reason for disliking it but you'll have to understand the reasons ans pressures that lead to the song being produced the way it is.

• You are just a fool, to think the way you think about song production, and I didn't want to give you more time than needed for a facepalm reaction is all :whatb:

Please don't mention/quote me anymore

I worked in the music and movie industry for YEARS, and I'm still working in the movie industry, but sure, I don't know anything about making music, when I lived on a tour bus for more than 10 years.

I literally said, the girls don't need autotune, because they can sing, and on Killing Voice they're proved it why I hate JYP and what they're doing with them for years now. So, again, what is your problem? Open your eyes and use your brain, please. Or you're just another blindfolded clueless company stan, not just a group stan? 🤔 Maybe start writing a real opinion, so I can understand your reasoning.

I think we can both agree on a few things.

1.) Twice can sing

2.) They don't need autotune.

Yes, that's my point. I loved TWICE and I still love the girls, but I can't listen to their songs anymore, because I have huge standards in music. It's sad, but I can't change. I'm waiting for the day when they leave JYP.

But us being photographer and graphic design, we have clients/boss to appease.

Thinking of this from the song producers point of view.

Twice has been heavily scrutinized for their vocals. This only adds pressure for the song producer to make sure the vocal is flawless thus increasing the use of autotune.

I get that, and I know that, because I worked in this industry (not in Kpop, of course), but I just can't understand the hate honestly, because there are MUCH worse Idol vocalists in Kpop, and I don't think using too much autotune is the answer, because I've seen many people complaining about this, too. JYP is not a newbie guy, he has to know that you can't make everyone happy. And it's not like TWICE is a small group who needs protection from haters. I mean, not protection like this. They sell-out huge stadiums, and having good digital numbers. That's two other reason why they don't need any fixing. In their prime, they didn't use autotune that much. That's why I'm complaining, honestly.

Where we'll have to disagree is the degree of auto tune used. You, as a purist, will no doubt find issue with this. But let's be honest, the majority of kpop fans just don't.

I mean, technically we agreed on this one, too, because I said, most people don't care about this anyway. I'm one of the few exceptions in this fandom who is way too critical, especially with his faves. People on this Forum think, I'm a hater, but most of them would be surprised how many groups I love, and how many of those are their faves, too, but I still criticize them. Constructive criticism is good. I know, because I'm an artist, too, and I worked with many artists who said the same thing.

• We'll never know what really leads to the decision on how how autotuning is used. I do believe a part of the decision is to protect Twice from criticism.

I do know one thing, Twice pay attention to alot of things being said online and always react to it instead of ignoring it . I won't list all examples but has done things very differently after period where their vocal has been heavily criticized. They had mentioned that they have spent alot more time on vocal lessons.

1.) They started doing acoustic versions of songs.

External Content www.youtube.com

2.) They start showing the behind the scenes recordings

3.) Their b-sides are much more experimental vocally compare to any of their early stuff now, and I'm sure it's purposely done so.

4.) Just being daring enough to go on Killing Voice with all the criticism around their singing.

I think the question is whether Twice still needs protecting at this point. Twice may not be the best vocalist in the game, but they sure work hard on trying to change that image.

• External Content x.com

External Content x.com

I love before and after clips like this

External Content x.com

• 4.) Just being daring enough to go on Killing Voice with all the criticism around their singing.

I think the question is whether Twice still needs protecting at this point. Twice may not be the best vocalist in the game, but they sure work hard on trying to change that image.

The fact that they showed up on Killing Voice was a huge surprise for me. Yes, they're not a vocal group, that's why I said, they're like the 3rd gen version of SNSD without Taeyeon. They're a typical Idol group, but with talent. They're the old school Idol group where it's not just about visuals and the members are at least average in what they do.

People always criticize everyone and everything, that's why I think they should've done what MMM did, just ignore everyone, and do what they want, but JYP is not a small company so they don't really have a choice. Maybe that's why they debuted NMIXX, a vocal group. They're completely different from TWICE. I still think JYP should've given them a chance to overcome the hate and let them be themselves. Companies have to stop with this: "Let's make everyone happy, the fans, the investors" etc. It's not helping, and it's bad for Idols, especially for them, because companies can earn a lot of money, but they are not bullied by anyone.

• The fact that they showed up on Killing Voice was a huge surprise for me. Yes, they're not a vocal group, that's why I said, they're like the 3rd gen version of SNSD without Taeyeon. They're a typical Idol group, but with talent. They're the old school Idol group where it's not just about visuals and the members are at least average in what they do.

People always criticize everyone and everything, that's why I think they should've done what MMM did, just ignore everyone, and do what they want, but JYP is not a small company so they don't really have a choice. Maybe that's why they debuted NMIXX, a vocal group. They're completely different from TWICE. I still think JYP should've given them a chance to overcome the hate and let them be themselves. Companies have to stop with this: "Let's make everyone happy, the fans, the investors" etc. It's not helping, and it's bad for Idols, especially for them, because companies can earn a lot of money, but they are not bullied by anyone.

To an extend, I do think companies should ignore certain hate. But then on the other hand, Twice would not have taken extra vocal and English lessons to tried to improve their singing, or their English if they ignored all the "Twice could never" comments.

I do think Twice are where they are today because of the hate and criticism. In a way, it fueled their growth.
    Comments like "Twice can't sing" "Twice would never make it in the west" "Twice concept would not work in an English song" Comments like these lead to Killing Voice, stadium tours, The Feels.

Who knows, maybe JYPE will hear your auto-tune remarks and use it differently on future releases.

• This thread contains 22 more posts that have been hidden for guests, please register yourself or login to continue reading.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!