do you think TWS Korean chart results are legit?

• ?? 32

1. yes (17) 53%
    2. no (sajaegi) (15) 47%

big controversy going on surrounding them. im sort of divided. like i see shinyus fancam snippets all over my instagram reels but then im questioning if one guy can make an above avg song go crazy on the charts. it’s cute and all but its no whistle or attention. i get that the seventeen factor plays as well since they kind of are the most relevant boy group after bts but i don’t remember seventeen charting a song this well… EVER. and if this group is SO phenomenal, why aren’t the other songs in the album rising as well??? riize is doing well too but then they are charting like three songs on melon and i see them trending every other day…

• I vote "NO" for fun, because there isn't a 3rd option with, "MAYBE". To be honest, I don't think it is, but it feels weird for sure. It doesn't really matter, nobody is going to confirm it, because that would hurt HYBE big time.

I heard the song, and I didn't like it, but that's just me, and we all know #1 songs aren't always the best. If the song wouldn't be a month old already, I think I would say it's legit, but after a month? It's weird.

• Yes, I’ve closely followed their rankings since their debut, and it’s not unusual. They experienced a gradual rise across various platforms, akin to how viral songs gain traction. Flo, Vibe is right there to see too, it took the song at least few days to enter. Pledis Entertainment’s boy groups Nu’est, Seventeen, and now TWS have all successful debut. It’s a combination of debuting with the right music. Additionally, I believe their song is spreading through word of mouth alot, and the recent attention of these accusations has helped to attract more listeners. I don't think Hybe is suddenly desperate to get a bg hitting espacially top 3 on charts lol Pledis is also cheap as h*ll so yeah the song is legit.

Riize had like 3 single release, each comeback style at least wait for TWS comebacks.

Oh My is actually in the top 400's now. Unplugged Boy is at 900s. So yes, they indeed having momentun.

There is also a big diffrence of how we should perceive Plot Twist as it's not a typical song, it's gotten that cultural theme with public so expect it to became the biggest 4/5 gen hit in a while.

:pepe-toast:

• Suspicious, the fact the song doesn't slow down at night even stronger in those times is just shady.

but no company is dumb enough to smear the debut of their first group in like so many years with sajaegi allegations.. but maybe bad publicity is still publicity so idk

• Tbh idk, it's kinda of sus how they are charting really well but I checked their sns, and plot twist have 22.6k reels on Instagram and 13.5k video on tiktok which isn't that bad, so maybe it's true that the gp likes the song

I think I hear about shinyu more than tws + Shinyu is so popular for a rookie ( I don't stan the group but I love him, he's cute) ,

He already has 6 fancams with over than 100k views , one them surpassed 200k views

Which is really good for a rookie idol

Anyway hope the best for them

• I think there's probably been a few artists who have boosted their rankings in the last year. It's like what companies do with YT ads -- do it in the beginning, people get interested because of the success, the song rides the wave up.

• no because they gain a lot of ULs during untraditional hours...on the weekends...also was the only song to gain ULs during South Korea's Asian Cup matches.

• A n1 with no trending videos in yt Korea it's not normal

???

External Content x.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Mind you this was from last week’s data lol

• Idk they’re charting well on every Korean streaming platform like melon and bugs but at the same time I’m wondering who’s listening to the song

• The charting seems consistent with other charts. Though it is suspicious, because I have only heard of the song because of the sajaegi issue. I haven’t heard about the song going viral on any platforms, or even a trending member. I don’t also see any covers of the song.

Edited once, last by what-if-i: . ().

• Honestly I don't care.

Other groups have sajaegi the crap out of Korean charts, and flop on the global charts because to sajaegi them its very expensive.

It really highlights if anything the Korean charts are nonsense, and in the real practical sense also irrelevant, since the top successful groups get only 2-3% of their income from Korea.

Edited once, last by K-PL ().

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!