Why Is Everyone Disappointed With TWICE's Teaser?

• Why Is Everyone Disappointed With TWICE's Teaser?

External Content x.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

It's strange for me seeing all the disappointment and anger at the teaser for their upcoming song I Got You.

At least judging by the snippet so far , this is the first song in awhile I've been (cautiously) excited for.

Finally a little bit of warmth in a modern TWICE release.

A core aspect to TWICE's resonance and key to their magical early period, was an emotional warmth.

Their best songs, like Like A Fool, Melting, Knock Knock, etc., all evoked a feeling of warmth, happiness, and comfort.

It was the foundation of their appeal and the reason they once hit such special heights and connection with a generation of kpop fans and public alike.

Their move away from that ethos in their modern output has been their greatest misstep in my opinion, and personally the reason I have largely felt emotionally disconnected from their recent musical releases, despite staying emotionally connected to the members and group itself.

Their upcoming song I Got You, at least from what I've heard, seems to be a return to more emotionally resonant and warm music.

Finally something other than cold dance anthems, pole dance diversions, and cool girl pop.

As an original Once who fell in love with the TWICE of old, and still holds their early initial albums as the zenith of true "TWICE Magic", and sees much of their later releases as a diversion from form, I'm eagerly awaiting to hear how this sounds.

I hope it's a return to music I can fall in love with again. By my ultimate group, TWICE.

I will pray to Tzuyu for a great song.

tzuyu-gif-i-can-do-it.gif?resize=900%2C900

• probably because it's english song

it's softer one

kind of mixing usual TWICE sound with The Weeknd typical song

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• probably because it's english song

it's softer one

kind of mixing usual TWICE sound with The Weeknd typical song

The Weeknd?

Doesn't sound anything like him.

If anything that's what their modern output has all been, all suggestive dance pop and the like.

Though I would have preferred they not do an English song, as I do hate modern kpop's move to increasingly all English songs.

At least emotionally it seems to be going for a softer and more comforting sound.

• Same Eman, same...

I think part of it is over the years, Twice has gained alot of new fans with the new sound.

I said it before but the current Once landscape is shared between Onces who enjoys the old happy concept and the Onces who enjoys the new sounds. Some Onces overlap and enjoy both but naturally, with the way it is split, I'd expect like 50% of Onces to like it and 50% who don't (just a random %)

But I pray for the same, it's been awhile since I've been this excited over the teaser sound.

• during end year shows and award shows when NiziU performed Heartris there was tons of comments in chat "this remind me of TWICE", "they sound like TWICE", "NiziU are like young TWICE"

but it is what it is, it's like Jihyo said: "it would be weird to perform those old and cute songs now when we all grow up"

• during end year shows and award shows when NiziU performed Heartris there was tons of comments in chat "this remind me of TWICE", "they sound like TWICE", "NiziU are like young TWICE"

but it is what it is, it's like Jihyo said: "it would be weird to perform those old and cute songs now when we all grow up"

No, I get the whole members not wanting to perform cute songs and Im not putting blame on Twice or anytbing.

Im just speaking strictly to the reaction to the new snippet.

• I think is because people believe is going to chart bad everywhere. Looks like is a ballad, and ballads chart bad in general. In my case, im not a fan of the snippet.

Ballads chart incredibly well in Korea, but I'm not sure what snippets you've been listening to that made you think it's a ballad.

• calm down the nerves

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!