People of AKP where English is only your 2nd or 3rd language

• How hard is it for you to speak, read or write?

For me it is quit easy to understand people who speak the language, although there are 2-3 words I don't know. But it's easy if the context of a sentense is giving it right away. If its not that easy, I sometimes go and try to figure out what the word means or ask if anyone can translate it for me in case I am unable to figure out how to write it. I mean you often don't come to the answer you're looking for if you have no idea how to spell the word.

In writing it's ok, I got a lot better over the years, but there are still small mistakes. I think it's normal if you didn't grew up with the language like a native speaker to make mistakes.

Speaking is 50-50 for me. Some people who are worse in English told me that I do great, however if I need it in situations (like foreign customers who don't speak my native language) it is a bit harder to use it, because there isn't much where I would say I have a lot practice when it comes to talk to people. I guess it's normal if you arn't surrounded by native speakers that you will catch up slowly to speaking the language. And it makes it also a bit difficult to find out where you can't properly pronounce a word or two, since many people either don't tell you or they say you would do great, even if the word dosn't sounds 100% right.

What about you? How difficult do you think is the English language for you?

A.C.E | ATEEZ | DRIPPIN| MCND | NU'EST | ONF | SF9 | Stray Kids | TFN

• JiminieKookie

Changed the title of the thread from “People of AKP where in is only your 2nd or 3rd language” to “People of AKP where English is only your 2nd or 3rd language”.
  • I'm quite fluent in English, even if I am Romanian. But I've studied it in school from second grade all the way to the college.
    But moving to London is what improved it a lot. Speaking it every day, now I think in English and speak it.

Before I had to translate in my head from Romanian to English. Now I just switch between them easily.

• Well... as someone who learned it as a third language, I think I'm good at it.

Some few users here have actually been surprised by the fact that I'm not a native speaker.

I don't think I have many difficulties with it except there are times when I try to translate a word or sentence from my native language or Danish to English and then I look it up in the dictionary and the word feels wrong...

Whenever I write, I feel like I spell things correctly most of the times and use the right grammar. Or at least on computer, but that is mostly because my computer can correct spelling and grammar mistakes.

I don't think I have a difficult problem speaking it. I feel like I struggle more with Danish for some reason...

When reading, I most of the times don't have any problems.

• Listening and reading is always easier than speaking and sometimes writing.

ead47f74c3dc14bd46149812f2155b77.jpgImage ⁘ 007833105f6b7733cb4d3f8c61fa19ae.jpg3291b57d2612af71f190a448dba0c51c.jpg

• Easy to understand text

Little bit harder to understand what people speak sometimes, especially if they speak really fast

hard to write without spelling mistakes

I never speak English in real life so it is hard to pronounce words

• Chinese is my first language but I've been in Australia way longer than I have so my english is naturally better than my chinese

that said having seen oversea's students studying english - it's difficult since there's so many exceptions and weird rules and stuff

like why is the K silent in knight and knife????

• Chinese is my first language but I've been in Australia way longer than I have so my eng

like why is the K silent in knight and knife????

Reminds me of German where the C in CK words is silent too like Glück (luck), Glocke (bell), Rock (skirt), Bock (male sheep/goat) ,... but also in some English words the C in CK words is silent too

A.C.E | ATEEZ | DRIPPIN| MCND | NU'EST | ONF | SF9 | Stray Kids | TFN

• I did my primary education in England and for the later part of my schooling, all the subjects in school were taught in English. It is the only language I know, which I never put effort into. I think you could say I'm fluent but I still have the vocabulary level of a primary schooler.

𝐁𝐓𝐒 ♡ 𝐁𝐥𝐚𝐜𝐤𝐩𝐢𝐧𝐤 ♡ 𝐀𝐞𝐬𝐩𝐚

27dbe724372b809813a823b7367393edb58cad57.gifv

• I feel like it's pretty decent. I can make myself clear without having to search up how to say things.

Even if I make mistakes, I wouldn't know or often don't care to search it up, so akp native speakers would be the better judge for that. I watch a lot of content with english subtitles, because dutch subs often don't work, so that helps.

• Reminds me of German where the C in CK words is silent too like Glück (luck), Glocke (bell), Rock (skirt), Bock (male sheep/goat) ,... but also in some English words the C in CK words is silent too

it's just exception after exception which makes learning english (at least from a Chinese) perspective that much harder

• I don't find it hard to understand, read, speak or write

In my country we start learning English in elementary school, and I consumed a lot of media (movies, video-games, TV-shows) in English from a young age as well. It's even the main language speak it at my current work-place. It's not perfect, but I am confident in my ability to use and communicate in English.

It's to the point where I will sometimes know words/how to describe something in English first, before my first language. And I switch between the languages easily.

9bed704675346b2296d7f8bf4f7dbb7673cc0412.gifv   40eca24aacd0326eb0b0cba6ff58da5d99f79156.gifv

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!