I don't know about you but I don't mind the current state of the K-Pop industry today

• After a literal decade of Big 3 hubris, from the companies themselves and their arrogant company stans, I'm living my best life right now watching them lose relevance, chasing trends and watching a company that was a nobody 10 years ago almost completely dominating the industry today.

Karma's a relaxing thought :pepe-smug:

• The Mid3 can Burn in hell for all I care

Still, I would very much prefer if other companies somehow managed to release top groups. Mid tier companies and groups are getting even harder time to stabilish themselves now. In the past they could carbe a market niche for themselves, now eith even the Mid3 struggling to catchy up with the Big1 I see no chance for the smaller companies

• Never understood why people care that much about companies tbh.

I find new jeans and lsfm good but find hybe BG’s music so-so. I find everyone other than EXO in SM mediocre past and present lol. YG is the pinnacle of mediocrity with few catchy songs released by BP. JYP is smack dab average with nothing extraordinary ever.

I’d love if all companies alternate being flops and keeping the balance. Kek.

• what was wrong with kpop before?

there are still company stans now as there were then no?

like are there more or less now compared to before? how does one even tell? is there some sort of survey or are we all basing it on anecdotal evidence from twitter?

at the end of the day who cares if there is or not...how does it affect your favs if someone else stans a company?

if the issue is certain people who are companys stans who start trouble and fanwars and whatnot then it's those people that deserve to be call out criticised etc

we do not attribute the actions of a few to the whole

• imo its subpar. A lot of songs are crap compared to say 5+ years ago. that why at times this year, the top 10 current songs were mostly songs from hybe groups, [not because their songs are great but] only because most other songs are crap.

It because if a company owns all rights, they make more money, and they make even more money when they get a crap song for cheap. Or certain producers keep churning out crap since if they own rights, they make more money.

Then you got certain parent companies sajaegi these crap songs, so the crap stays up in the charts longer.

• 10 years is quite long no?

It's an entire decade.

It's 2 generations

And honestly, the 4th member of the Big 4 has one of the most annoying company stans.

Not only that, the Big 3 company stans sometimes do admit that they are company stans. The 4th member company stans will gaslight you into thinking that they aren't when they have the company's name tattooed on their ass

• ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Louder. For the people at the back 😭

You know people will bring up 2016 to drag others but it’s those same people who swore never to be company Stans who are licking HYBE company ass. They used to write essays about how they’d never be company Stan’s. Mad embarrassing.

• I chose 10 years, because that's roughly about how long I've been a big K-Pop fan, and as an obvious fan of a group that debuted from a relatively unknown small company back in 2014, I remember all the rampant gatekeeping by Big 3 fans, as if 2014 was yesterday. They thought they'd rule the roost of the K-Pop industry without any challenge, and today the biggest girl groups and boy groups of the 4th generation are all arguably from other companies.

What a time to be a K-Pop fan, and I've enjoyed seeing YG, SM and JYP getting immensely humbled during this era too.

I'm not pardoning the company stans of today; I still think it's stupid, but my petty side is relishing how the turns have tabled on the OG Big 3 in ways they never thought possible.

• I chose 10 years, because that's roughly about how long I've been a big K-Pop fan, and as an obvious fan of a group that debuted from a relatively unknown small company back in 2014, I remember all the rampant gatekeeping by Big 3 fans, as if 2014 was yesterday. They thought they'd rule the roost of the K-Pop industry without any challenge, and today the biggest girl groups and boy groups of the 4th generation are all arguably from other companies.

What a time to be a K-Pop fan, and I've enjoyed seeing YG, SM and JYP getting immensely humbled during this era too.

I'm not pardoning the company stans of today; I still think it's stupid, but my petty side is relishing how the turns have tabled on the OG Big 3 in ways they never thought possible.

JYP is happy being No.2 so we will give him that

:pepe-joy::pepe-joy::pepe-joy:

• After a literal decade of Big 3 hubris, from the companies themselves and their arrogant company stans, I'm living my best life right now watching them lose relevance, chasing trends and watching a company that was a nobody 10 years ago almost completely dominating the industry today.

Karma's a relaxing thought :pepe-smug:

But isn't that simply you being exactly the same as those company stans, and being just as arrogant, prideful, hateful and toxic as the people you've been complaining about? :/

This is like rebelling and fighting against a tyranny, but afterwards, after the tyrants have been disposed and killed off, only to become the new tyrants themselves: it was never about justice or unfairness, it was just about having the power themselves, to be able to do all the atrocious things they were complaining about before.

Or, to translate: you never really had an issue with those Big 3 stans or their arrogance and toxicity, only with the fact that you didn't have enough ammunition and 'power' to be exactly the same as them.

Also, most fans of Big 3 groups aren't Big 3 company stans themselves and don't really care about the company, just about their own biases and how they're doing :wellr:

... wait, does this mean that all your so called 'praise' threads about your new biases are disingenous and no real praise threads at all, but just you being a toxic success stan - the same as those people you were protesting about? :whatk:

'No more shall man have wings to bear him to paradise. Henceforth, he shall walk.'

SWJ1P.gif

• The Mid3 can Burn in hell for all I care

Still, I would very much prefer if other companies somehow managed to release top groups. Mid tier companies and groups are getting even harder time to stabilish themselves now. In the past they could carbe a market niche for themselves, now eith even the Mid3 struggling to catchy up with the Big1 I see no chance for the smaller companies

Monopolies are never that good, I agree.

But even in the midst of HYBE launching an entire legion of separate groups and the Big 3 filling up the remaining space, non-Big 4 companies still seem to doing somewhat alright in the top tier area, with Starship and Cube having their own successful and popular groups.

'No more shall man have wings to bear him to paradise. Henceforth, he shall walk.'

SWJ1P.gif

• No, that's just you projecting. You tried it though. What a waste of an Uno reverse card in what amounts to a very bad attempt at strawmanning me.

I praise my favorite groups because I want to praise my favorite groups. Maybe you did so in order to gatekeep other groups and fans, and that has been your main motivation, but you are long jumping over the shark by equating any of my threads to the kind of toxic nonsense Big 3 stans used to exhibit on the daily back in the day.

In other words, that's the longest of reaches and an extremely illogical one at that. I've been making praise threads since Mamamoo were still selling 3k albums a comeback, but sure, label me a toxic success stan if it makes you feel better about behavior you've potentially been guilty of in the past.

Meanwhile I'll chuckle at the fact you just equated a "NewJeans just won two daesangs" thread to tyranny. Ah, yes. YamaChan is an evil despot who turned into that which he hates because he celebrated the achievements of his favorite groups, which surely prevents other fans from doing the same for theirs...Are you reading what you're typing here?

If you're not an arrogant company stan, then obviously this doesn't apply to you, but I'm curious why you're so defensive and triggered if you're not.

Lastly, I don't need "power" to be toxic on the Internet, or whatever plotline you tried to shoehorn me into for that fanfiction. Nor does anyone. It's the Internet. You don't need any justification to be arrogant or toxic, just a keyboard, time and opportunity.

If you want to make this about me personally, I very obviously enjoy seeing everyone do well. Not my problem if people get in their feelings because I spotlight the historic accomplishments of my favorite groups. But hey, if you can find evidence of me gatekeeping and punching down on fans of smaller groups, bring it to me, expose my hypocrisy and depose me to finally put an end to my tyranny. Otherwise, you should revise the plot of your fanfiction.

• Monopolies are never that good, I agree.

But even in the midst of HYBE launching an entire legion of separate groups and the Big 3 filling up the remaining space, non-Big 4 companies still seem to doing somewhat alright in the top tier area, with Starship and Cube having their own successful and popular groups.

Cube and Kakao are literally both publicly traded companies. They're not exactly the "little man".

FiftyFifty maintaining their momentum and not self destructing due to greedy outside interests would have been an example of a group from a tiny company experiencing incredible success.

Or what Mamamoo did for RBW, for an even easier example.

• Wait you’re a GUY?

Top 10 anime betrayal I need 3-5 business days to recover.

• I hope Yama is gay lol

30 year old dude religiously stanning a bunch of minors is fucking weirdchamp considering the essays this mf writes

Lord have mercy on all of us

• Wait you’re a GUY?

Top 10 anime betrayal I need 3-5 business days to recover.

The reaction to this plot twist never gets old

:boompepe:

I'm just Yama :pepe-toast:

I hope Yama is gay lol

30 year old dude religiously stanning a bunch of minors is fucking weirdchamp considering the essays this mf writes

Lord have mercy on all of us

I hope the world can manifest some more IQ points for you in the future. May God have mercy on your soul.

• Are you projecting

I just laugh like Gold Roger at this point.

People keep thinking "you write essays" is a drag.

I've been writing "essays" since I was 11. I make good money today as a professional writer and editor. It's really not the shade people seem to think it is :pepe-smug:

• Everyone be accusing eachother :emotionalpepe: loll

It's always an interesting time when someone accuses me of being a company or success stan. I've been flying around the globe to see Mamamoo since 2015. I was a life long fan before they ever topped Melon, and I don't follow any other groups from their company :pepe-shrug:

• This thread contains 33 more posts that have been hidden for guests, please register yourself or login to continue reading.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!