Did you expect JYP group to dominate BG market during 4th gen?

• 4-5 years ago when I didn't know much about them, I'd be surprised If someone came from the future to tell me. But when I first really paid attention to Stray Kids during God's Menu's release day, I knew they'd be big. They just have IT, exude charisma and presence.

Helps they are marketed musically and conceptually mostly by the members themselves than JYPE. It ends up not only being a selling point to gain interest, but I don't know If outside producers would know how to proper use the members' skills and voices on their favor. A big part of Stray Kids success is how 3RACHA plays with Felix's voice giving him killing parts that were viral and opened multiple markets for them to gain a core fandom with people later giving attention to the whole body of work.

Another point, they are the only active boygroup of the agency. So JYPE's, on this specific demography, mainly focused on them and they've more competent than I expected in searching or accepting opportunities for them to grow their brand.

So, nowdays, It's not really that surprising.

Bankai: Minazuki

85e1d14897360f5af5426181e6b1e605126ab548.gifv

• I've been a predebut stay and when i saw Skz perform and made a song like hellevator I was very much confident that they'd become a top boy group sooner or later only if jyp let them shine in their own way and luckily jyp barely had an eye on them. I saw many articles during their miroh era and side effects era saying skz is a flop, jyp doesnt care about them etc etc but just the next year they started to grow as a group and their fandom grew a lot. Also skz is lucky enough to have a dedicated fandom. The fandom itself plays a big part for their popularity now so skz's self production, unity and fandom power are basically the reason of their current popularity.

• Every generation the top boygroup or girlgroup from the current generation is from a different company, is what I noticed.

For boygroups: First it was sm, then yg, then bighit, now it's jyp with stray kids (even tho I wouldn't say they're that far ahead, hybe has both txt and enhypen). Next gen (5th gen) my bet is on sm or maybe hybe.

i hav high hopes for pledis new bgg! they might be like svt and be amazing in korea who knows lol

• Who cares who "dominate" the 4th Gen when these 4th gen groups are being dominated by the previous generations of BGs?

It's also highkey weird for groups like skz or txt and more who are 6 or 5 years old still to use these titles.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!