Babymonster debut only did 1.7M on spotify, YG needs the Newjeans protocol or is over

• Are you their first fan in the forum?

Hi,

I've posted on other threads I wasn't feelin' their first song, but I certainly see the ability in the lead up to their debut based on some of the YT vids. IMO, we just need to chill on the instant gratification sh1t. Folks were callin' em out on the lack of numbers when it's only been 2 days feel me? I consume music of alot of genres on the daily and nothing surprises me more than KPOP fans. Deadass, I don't see Peso Pluma or JCole fans go nuts on the daily streaming numbers to this extent. Y'all are admirable for that, but also a bit on the nutty side (don't @me!)

If that makes me a fan, then so be it. Call me the first BM fan. But I also like some music from a variety of artists like Davichi, Dean, Colde, JK, NJ, IVE, LSSF KOL, MMM, XG, Aespa, etc etc that folks talk about on this forum.

-knysom

• They have the biggest full charting day debut? I was scammed by this thread into thinking that their spotify numbers are not good enough that they need playlisting :skull:

External Content twitter.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

And once again I am right omg

narcissistic, my god i love it

JCsIq3Q.gif

• I think you have a great potential as a user

Pull up in a ghost Peek a peek a boo hoo Vroom vroom

XWQN6MB.png

• I'm not going to stan them.

But they are going to be #1 or #2 gg. They have cut off some groups going down the girl crush route once they cant do teen concepts anymore.

• They have the biggest full charting day debut? I was scammed by this thread into thinking that their spotify numbers are not good enough that they need playlisting :skull:

External Content twitter.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

slaymonster did it

• Doesnt it cost money to promote like that on Spotify? With BP still in flux (until all four sign with YG they are a group in name only just like Got7, MMM, etc), where is YG getting money from? AKMU cant support everyone on digital streaming pennies.

However, I predicted top 15 on Melon Top 100 chart and i still stand by it. Maybe a surge in domestic charts will propel them to even higher SPOTIFY numbers.

• Doesnt it cost money to promote like that on Spotify? With BP still in flux (until all four sign with YG they are a group in name only just like Got7, MMM, etc), where is YG getting money from? AKMU cant support everyone on digital streaming pennies.

However, I predicted top 15 on Melon Top 100 chart and i still stand by it. Maybe a surge in domestic charts will propel them to even higher SPOTIFY numbers.

Hi,

He got that secret stash in the Cayman Islands + Swiss Bank Account. LOL

In all seriousness, unless that company is blatantly financially irresponsible, record companies put aside funding for marketing and one of the bullet points the past few years has been YT ads and Spotify play listing. It just depends on the company on the amount and the frequency.

I'm probably setting myself up here and saying YG is financially responsible by saying they planned ahead. :skull:

-knysom

• They would be around #130 on global spotify. As a comparison Ive did not chart with the current releases.

Who knows what Yg's marketing strategy is.

Looks like his priority was to get #1 views for a debut MV which he will mediaplay forever.

Will he just bypass Korea? imo no, but he knows charting and revenue in Korea is irrelevant now for a globally successful group.

• Hi,

This is somewhat true regarding marketshare comparitive to the top 3 (US, JP, UK). SK trails behind.

I will add though that SK is still a top 10 market globally. I realize IFPI comes with its share of skepticism since the data they show is only as good as the data they get, ex. China; but right now they are it. I know there's been a ton of discourse on this forum about the importance of the SK market but IFPI still says its a Top 10 market (#7).

Yeah, we don't really know what YG be thinkin' sometimes.

But maybe that's his plan...

that he doesn't have one. LOL

-knysom

• Also Yang Hyun-suk is a sentenced gambler

Idk if he has been to Los Angeles lately though

Too busy with korean justice

Pull up in a ghost Peek a peek a boo hoo Vroom vroom

XWQN6MB.png

• they are not on top 200 though.

• Also Yang Hyun-suk is a sentenced gambler

Idk if he has been to Los Angeles lately though

Too busy with korean justice

Hi,

Probably got ruled a flight risk! At the end of the day, he really just needs to step away and hire some creatives for the label. I get he wants it to have that “YG imprint” on all his groups but it hurt the song quality of BM’s debut. Glad they at least got some achievements, but song quality matters to some folks.

-knysom

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!