Babymonster debut only did 1.7M on spotify, YG needs the Newjeans protocol or is over

• Only 1.7M of unfiltered spotify streams for Babymonster's batter up in 2 days, those numbers are actually very good for a debut and more for a lackluster song but YG is failing hard compared to what a company like hybe did for newjeans when they debuted, they put one of their song on the biggest playlists of spotify for months, I don't understand what's happening? YG correctly used the aespa protocol, bought enough ads for the music video to get tons of views, break the previous record and at least create some news about this groups but yg is failing very hard everywhere else...

They need the newjeans protocol hybe used, put the song on today's top hits and give it so much playlisting reach as possible, I'm actually surprised by yg not using strategies like that one. What do you thing is happening with YG?

Firefox_Screenshot_2023-11-28T18-38-22.203Z.png

• NJ went pretty viral with their debut, and Attention entered after 11 days on Spotify lol TTH was after a month and the traction for them was always unique. Hype Boy was starting viral around a month later while Attention placed on TTH.

BM is making big numbers since debut on Spotify and none of recent 4th or 5th gen rookies had these initial numbers either iirc.

• They have not shown their face in any promotional stuff since the mv dropped, not even a vlive or a debut stage.

I honestly find this quite funny in terms of YG side.

• They have not shown their face in any promotional stuff since the mv dropped, not even a vlive or a debut stage.

I honestly find this quite funny in terms of YG.

it's the usual starving the fans strategy that yg loves, not like im surprised or anything

their debut stage probably will be next sunday tho

• it's the usual starving the fans strategy that yg loves, not like im surprised or anything

their debut stage probably will be next sunday tho

Neither am I surprised but everyone knows this is exactly what you should not be doing with a debut, but YG still does it anyways, just laughable tbh

• Hi,

Song ain't my cup of tea, but 1.7m streams in 2 days is pretty good. Deadass, some of the peoples on this forum are buggin'.

Do I wish they had a better song to show off their talents? YES. But let's be real here, they still doin' good numbers fam. They are literally #4 today in the Worldwide iTunes chart and still #1 on YT global.

Interest in them is high, just gotta put up a better song for the next release. They'll be alright.

-knysom

• Only 1.7M of unfiltered spotify streams for Babymonster's batter up in 2 days, those numbers are actually very good for a debut and more for a lackluster song but YG is failing hard compared to what a company like hybe did for newjeans when they debuted, they put one of their song on the biggest playlists of spotify for months, I don't understand what's happening? YG correctly used the aespa protocol, bought enough ads for the music video to get tons of views, break the previous record and at least create some news about this groups but yg is failing very hard everywhere else...

They need the newjeans protocol hybe used, put the song on today's top hits and give it so much playlisting reach as possible, I'm actually surprised by yg not using strategies like that one. What do you thing is happening with YG?

Firefox_Screenshot_2023-11-28T18-38-22.203Z.png

that moment when Once is worrying about YG newgg

• They have the biggest full charting day debut? I was scammed by this thread into thinking that their spotify numbers are not good enough that they need playlisting :skull:

External Content twitter.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Edited once, last by z1 ().

• u upset because ur faves get same numbers after 7 years of promo right?

No actually no, I just want to start a dialogue, earn some akorns and call it a day. And is only 5 years since twice joined spotify by the way.

YG has no protocol lol this is YG we're talking about, not HYBE or SM. They have no idea what to do with Babymonster's debut to make it rise.

I'm not sure, yg has always been a smart company despite anything else, genuinely thought they will attack hybe and newjeans with everything from the start

They have the biggest full charting day debut? I was scammed by this thread into thinking that their spotify numbers are not good enough that they need playlisting :skull:

External Content twitter.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

This thread is not selling that those numbers are bad but that they need the newjeans protocol as a push, this is not a scam

• I'm not sure, yg has always been a smart company despite anything else, genuinely thought they will attack hybe and newjeans with everything from the start

Tbh, it's probably because their debut was rushed. They kept postponing their debut to "improve quality" but with the final product, it just seems like they scrapped something up last minute with no clear direction. They're doing well on Spotify, but their next comeback will tell if they can compete with the other big kpop GGs. IMO they can never touch HYBE or New Jeans, they can try, but Babymonsters isn't a GP friendly group like New Jeans is.

✰ ✧・゚: *✧・゚:* 🌷🌷🌷♡ ♡ ♡🌷🌷🌷 ✧・゚: *✧・゚:* ✰

c84b43c6d23bf4bc277ebcd8e1c37de5.jpgStory pin image

Edited once, last by ellenote ().

• Are you their first fan in the forum?

Pull up in a ghost Peek a peek a boo hoo Vroom vroom

XWQN6MB.png

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!