My Unpopular Opinions On BABYMONSTER "Batter Up" M/V...

• 20231126_123847.jpg

Music Video :

Pretty all over the place.

Same like their outfits, no clear direction as you can see.

The sets individually was cute and well put together.

Definitely reminded me of a BlackPink music video with the change of set every 30 seconds haha

Song/Lyrics :

Now for the song, I gotta be real here....i wasnt too impressed.

It felt like any regular girl crush song. Nothing to really make you think twice or anything to make you feel like "oouuu they did the damn thing".

Its the type of song that has you be like "oh okay, this was cool", but thats it. I dont feel a urge to listen to it twice....thats how much it didnt leave a strong impression on me.

The lyrics werent really impressive either. It seemed like YG wanted them to have that "I'm strong and confident, this is who I am, your gonna love me or not, either way im gonna do me" vibe.

Which most girl groups are doing nowadays anyway, just in their own ways.

Choreography :

For the chorus choreo, some of the moves look "odd" you can say...at least to me.

But I did like how some of the moves went with the Title of the song, far as in the baseball moves.

There was no special difficulty to their moves, but it also wasn't simple easy choreo either.

So I'd say they're right up there with most 4th girl groups, in terms of moves.

Styling :

The outfits weren't anything special tbh.

There wasn't any theme, and seemed just like a BlackPink music video, where they switch the outfits every 15 seconds.

Just in general looked like regular "girl crush" music video clothes

OVERALL :

They have great vocals and their rap style is definitely the Top these, for girl groups.

Nothing super special though...just reminded me of Jennie and Lisa pretty much.

I dont expect them to extremely stand out, if this is the type of music they are gonna be doing.

But I could still see people eating it up because this is a new YG girl group after 6-7 years and are a BP sister group.

In general, they are cool but not a group that makes ME blink twice.

• also I'll say that, I could tell YG was tryna have them be like BlackPink in terms of the aura and vibe.

but to me, since I've already seen BP do it...I'm not impressed by it.

i feel like YG should've had them go a different direction musically and concept wise

• Very generic debut they feel like a group from Cube or something it's a shame because the members are very talented

Im sure there are many others that feel the same way you think and i think, but won't outright say it because they don't wanna be attacked or called a hater

• Very generic debut they feel like a group from Cube or something it's a shame because the members are very talented

i was more disappointed by the MV

YG MV usually looks good but this one was a complete mess

i can clearly see that they try to give them the BP formula type of MV

by giving them a group set and then give each girl an individual set

the problem is :

1. BP are just 4 members and BM are 6 members, it looks much more messy when you have more member and give them each one of them a different set, because the MV end up looking like 90% of the mv is just individual shoot
    2. Blackpink individual set go well with each other they have a similar vibe which doesn't make you lose focus, but BM MV have a lot of individual set who doesn't go with eacch other and it just look like they give them individual set just to give them individual set and didn't think about how each one will fit with each other

because can anybody explain me why in the MV a girl look like she just came out of an egg ? while another one is just vibing in a school bus ? and another girl just came out of a cage ?

and why they all end up dancing in a class room ?

✩We Born with the X-Gene✩

aespa Brand Concept Day Photoshoot Behind - Pantip aespa Brand Concept Day Photoshoot Behind - Pantip

• The problem isn't with the individual sets, a group can still have individual sets while looking cohesive ie: Ive for After like and Twice for feel special, it's just that really want's that next Blackpink no matter what

• The problem isn't with the individual sets, a group can still have individual sets while looking cohesive ie: Ive for After like and Twice for feel special, it's just that really want's that next Blackpink no matter what

yeah but like i said here the individual set aren't cohesive with each other

it looks like you're going from one MV to another

✩We Born with the X-Gene✩

aespa Brand Concept Day Photoshoot Behind - Pantip aespa Brand Concept Day Photoshoot Behind - Pantip

• Thats what im saying

They just keep doing this girl crush crap

Like damn, try Pop or R&B or SOMETHING!

Have you heard their pre debut song? It sound different

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• Have you heard their pre debut song? It sound different

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

The song is nice but It sounds like what Yg groups used to release in 2013

• Its girl crush for t(w)eens.

When evaluating, do not look at it from your point of view, but from the point of view of a 9-14 year old SEA girl.

Many girl groups are doing cute t(w)een concepts, but none can convincingly do girl crush, except XG. So they effectively own this market globally now, as XG's target is mainly Japan.

• again, this is MY opinions and if you dont agree or think I'm "crazy", that's on you.

this is just how "I" felt.

:pep-pj-pink:

nah, i felt pretty much the same

i can only say that they made an effort to show a little bit of their big vocals, thou the song is not vocal centered

did blackpink release a new album today?'s tweet - "#LALISA ACAB, aquí solo  respetamos a la POLISA " - TrendsmapID BI****S

OT4 BLINKS OR JAIL

• 8 seconds in, after listening to the same tired old godforsaken trap beat for the 1000000000th time, i was about to give up on the song.

I stayed though, and it didnt turn out terrible. It was mediocre/ok, a 6 out of 10.

Brooooooooo

I literally was ready to click off after 45 seconds, but I pushed through so that way when I gave my opinion, it was honest and clear.

But when i first hit play, i just couldnt do it.

it seemed cringey to me

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!