My Unpopular Opinions On BABYMONSTER "Batter Up" M/V...

• The problem isn't with the individual sets, a group can still have individual sets while looking cohesive ie: Ive for After like and Twice for feel special, it's just that really want's that next Blackpink no matter what

I personally don't see the next blackpink thing I feel baemon is lowkey the epitome of that a YG group is like... I see a bit of old YG a litte bit of Ikon, 2ne1, treasure and bp but I don't see it as a replica of bp their song would have been more catchy and public friendly if that was the case lol I don't get why you have against this group I've seen yoy being shady towwards them from the beginning

I don't know why you are pushing the whole YG wanting them to be the next bp when their whole debut rollout have been lacking and the song is not even as good and the efforts put for this debut weren't even there. I 'm also positive based on bp's behavior the girls already renewed nothing to fear it's not the same 2ne1/bp situation

• I personally don't see the next blackpink thing I feel baemon is lowkey the epitome of that a YG group is like... I see a bit of old YG a litte bit of Ikon, 2ne1, treasure and bp but I don't see it as a replica of bp their song would have been more catchy and public friendly if that was the case lol I don't get why you have against this group I've seen yoy being shady towwards them from the beginning

I don't know why you are pushing the whole YG wanting them to be the next bp when their whole debut rollout have been lacking and the song is not even as good and the efforts put for this debut weren't even there. I 'm also positive based on bp's behavior the girls already renewed nothing to fear it's not the same 2ne1/bp situation

My comments weee more criticism than shade, Babymonster is the first Yg group since 7 years and they have been teased for while, you have Yg staff making interviews on tv calling the members 10 Jennies so of course the expectation are high so for them to debut with a song so generic that even a mid tear company can come up with the disappointment is there especially when the members don’t in skills, also if you Whistle and Bombayah lacking well girl let me tell you no one was doing it like Blackpink in 2016 and Yg has been trying to replicate his most successful groups since forever he literally wanted Ikon to be the next bigbang and Baemoon was constructed around Bp members there is literally two Thai members that how much Yg wants a next Lisa

• The song gets a bit better after some listenings, but still not good enough. But..... I kind of like what I hear and see of the girls, I think they have big potential. If YGE play the card right and give them better songs and concept I belive they get be a success. They are a 6 member group (or 7) compared to the 4 member formula of 2NE1 and BP and I think that can give them a possiblity to have a bit more variations to their type of songs. But I really hope they move away from the slow BP type of songs like this and try more songs like 2NE1-Go Away or ITZY-Wannabe songs with more energy and tempo.

• Very generic debut they feel like a group from Cube or something it's a shame because the members are very talented

A non-Soyeon produced group from Cube.

• I think trying this hard to emulate Blackpink is a mistake. There's more members and their vocals/rap seem really good. If the concept had at least some difference to BP they could avoid being compared with BP regarding everything as well.

Every time to chorus started my brain was waiting for Lisa to drop some money..

If some mid-low tier company GG debuted with this exact song and MV but without the hype it would not see much success tbh

• My comments weee more criticism than shade, Babymonster is the first Yg group since 7 years and they have been teased for while, you have Yg staff making interviews on tv calling the members 10 Jennies so of course the expectation are high so for them to debut with a song so generic that even a mid tear company can come up with the disappointment is there especially when the members don’t in skills, also if you Whistle and Bombayah lacking well girl let me tell you no one was doing it like Blackpink in 2016 and Yg has been trying to replicate his most successful groups since forever he literally wanted Ikon to be the next bigbang and Baemoon was constructed around Bp members there is literally two Thai members that how much Yg wants a next Lisa

but the comments about the 9 jennies were from the staff it's because koreans put Jennie on a pedestal and she is used as a reference and they were trying to say the girls left a good impression or were charismatic . I mean, the comparisons are always gonna be there I notice Koreans tend to always do that.

No, I meant batter up whole rollout was lacking not whistle or bby . Well, yeah having thai members is not only exclusive to bp though there are more other groups have been adding thai members to their groups as well.

While I agree YG was pushing chiquita as "little lisa" I don't think having thai members is trying to copy them. Thai fans are literally big on streaming and a loyal dedicated fandom . Baemon also have 2 Japanese members they are definitely trying to make this group more global ( bp is more Korean public friendly) imo like what works for bp and treasure ( or maybe what didn't work for treasure lol)

I feel there are many different formulas that are used on Baemon from different groups hence why I think they are a more YG like group than bp/2ne1 replica.

• Dude Yg is known for trying to replicate the success of his pervious groups, he was so obsessed to have a bigbang 2.0 and it took him two groups to understand that he would never have an other Bigbang and now he’s trying to have a second Blackpink (even if Bp renew we all know they won’t promote the same way like they used to), and it’s normal we’re disappointed because we know the members have what it takes for a hard hitting concept, same way how people were disappointed with Nmixx

• I think trying this hard to emulate Blackpink is a mistake. There's more members and their vocals/rap seem really good. If the concept had at least some difference to BP they could avoid being compared with BP regarding everything as well.

Every time to chorus started my brain was waiting for Lisa to drop some money..

If some mid-low tier company GG debuted with this exact song and MV but without the hype it would not see much success tbh

Is it only me, or did anyone else thought it was about to be a English song????

Like when it first came on, the whole first 30 seconds was English lol

I thought "oh they must be targeting the Hot 100" :boompepe:

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!