i don't really see bighit making an impact with a group after BTS

• once BTS starts with more solo activities or disbands I really don't see what big hit is going to bring to the table in kpop. their boy groups are average, there taking companies left and right and that's not doing much for their creativity, the girl group will be the same too, same dark concept and boring song and auto tune. it is so predictable. they bought that nice building so good for them but honestly, there's nothing interesting about any bighit group outside of maybe txt or bts or I guess i should say any hybe group. BTS can only bring in the money for so long until they disband. they gotta pull a YG with the girl group.

• I genuinely feel like they'd have more success debuting a girl group at this point. I don't know much about TXT or Enhypen, like as far as how they're doing but they seem to be mildly successful. I think that if they wanted to take things up a notch, they would have been better off debuting a girl group.

• TXT and EN- don't need to be another BTS, people especially shit on TXT before debut by calling them BTS 2.0 only to be sideswiped with Crown.

TXT is not the same group, and EN- aren't even managed by BH.

We'll have to see how EN- progresses, they have one album out.

TXT is doing very well for a 2 year old group, and it is very smart that BH is going for a home base in Japan and Korea while they're still in a growth phase. That way they can safely expand into other markets (like their recent outing with Tokopedia for the Indonesian market) later in their career.

And OP, you sound extremely pressed over BH using autotune and a dark concept when that's what half of the boy groups are doing right now. That's not even TXT's brand, they're a pop group.

Is he.....you know?

투모로우바이투게더 방탄
    레드벨벳엑소샤이니에이티즈

• it kinda reminds me of pledis with seventeen - besides them nobody else is doing that good, they carried the whole company

i feel like its not bh fault but kpop in general has become boring af, there's nothing new, every group is the same. enhypen and txt seem to be quite interesting, they're doing well but not as close to bts' success even a bit, they're just regular groups

• Official Post

What dark concepts are TXT doing? Enhypen's debut is probably even further away from most 4th gen groups because they are vocal heavy instead of rap heavy

• Is any company, especially Big 3 doing as well as BTS? No they are not. It is not just Big Hit that won’t be able to replicate BTS. HYBE will still be snatching that industry money though, especially with the UMG partnership and looks like they will be dominating in the fan platforms.

• Erm any company BH or Big 3 will be hard pressed to replicate BTS. So now what.

This isnt a big hit only problem. If TXT wasnt doing well I would see your point but they are doing their thing and growing a strong fanbase with their own vibe.

You wont be able to compare every group coming up to BTS' success. Won't be fair.

Plus BH is literally just TXT and BTS so they are doing fine. The other labels their success is up to them but they now have all the resources and funds from HYBE available to support.

• Don’t think their trying to replicate Big 3, it’s clear their going into industries that will make money from multiple resources.

Weverse made 40% of their revenue last year. With UMG artist and merch coming in aswell as YG groups.. they’ll be making bank.

And once the gaming subsidiary takes off that is a HUGE industry right there.

They might get more into making dramas/variety’s too. Lots of money to be made without BTS

• I can already say that their Japanese groups will be successful and bring a lot of money. And if Seventeen signs a new contract, it's sure to be a good source of income. In addition, BTS will remain with the company for at least 6 years and solo works will bring money afterwards. So I don't think they will have a problem.

"Don’t judge a book by its cover. Everybody has a reason and everybody has a story. I hope people don’t judge a person based on what they see." Kim Taehyung

b9067265d2fcc30fa3ee1ba591881fc0865471a4.jpg

• Firstly, Bighit has only TXT besides BTS. TXT is the biggest 4th generation group right now. They won't be on the same level as bts but they don't have to be. No one in kpop will reach bts' level of success anytime soon. Even if txt keep their current success, it will be enough for them and the company but they keep growing all the time so.. Also, how is txt being avarage? Have you seen how versatile each single song by them is? In two years they released more unique songs than groups with so many years of work behind them. TXT are versatile, different, successful and that's already more than enough for them to keep going.

I assume you are talking about HYBE as a whole, not just Bighit Music. We have Seventeen - the second or third biggest boy kpop group right now. Their success also keeps growing and as I've seen they release quite good and different songs too. Gfriend wasn't the best but they were doing nice until their scandal. Now I can't say how much that will affect them. Nuest on the other side is the only group which you could say that isn't doing really well.

Enhypen. They had the biggest debut last year. Their album consists of four songs that are so different from each other, offering a very intriguing versatility. Unlike other 4th gen groups, they are focused on vocals, not rap . They had a dark concept but somehow they made it different than any other dark concept we've seen lately. Their success in Japan is huge, their international fanbase keeps growing, they broke multiple records of the biggest 4th gen groups and are even competing quite well with 3rd gen groups in terms of sales and votings.

All I want to conclude is that your opinion doesn't make sense because both success wise and uniqueness wise, HYBE groups are killing it

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!