How much do you value K-Pop groups charting on Billboard Hot 100 and 200?

• How important do you think charting on the Billboard Hot 100 and 200 is? 16

1. Very important. It should be one of the ultimate goals of any aspiring top K-Pop act (4) 25%
    2. Neutral. If it happens, great. If not, no big deal. It's not that important. (11) 69%
    3. It's not important at all, and K-Pop groups should stop targeting the Billboard charts altogether (1) 6%

I'm just collecting more data :pepe-notes:

I remember a time when any K-Pop act even lightly touching Billboard, especially the Hot 100, was a huge deal.

But now the reactions to it happening aren't as massive, after BTS and BLACKPINK somewhat normalized it. Which is understandable.

Still, I'd like to see where it ranks on the scale of notable accomplishments for most people.

• YamaChwan

Changed the title of the thread from “How much value K-Pop groups charting on Billboard Hot 100 and 200?” to “How much do you value K-Pop groups charting on Billboard Hot 100 and 200?”.
  • Hot 100 is fun to argue about but given how much of it still based on ridiculous radio spins (the only way to get decent radio spins is by your label buying them for you, and by label i'm talking Sony, UMG, or Warner nobody else) i consider it worthless except to show who has industry backing and what labels are planning for the next musical trends.

BB200 is more valuable for Kpop since it represents actual $$$ being earned (although i wish pure sales didnt have a digital component, pure sales should mean literally pure physical copies only).

• Hot 100 is fun to argue about but given how much of it still based on ridiculous radio spins (the only way to get decent radio spins is by your label buying them for you, and by label i'm talking Sony, UMG, or Warner nobody else) i consider it worthless except to show who has industry backing and what labels are planning for the next musical trends.

BB200 is more valuable for Kpop since it represents actual $$$ being earned (although i wish pure sales didnt have a digital component, pure sales should mean literally pure physical copies only).

Digital purchases are still technically sales so I don't see the issue

• I think hot 100 is still impressive. And it showcases K-pop’s popularity across worldwide acts.

Top 200 is what I’ve dubbed as the “kpop chart” 😔✊ just because you chart on here doesn’t mean anyone in the US cares about you ir you’re more popular than other US acts. But I do believe it’s a good a measure of a kpop acts US popularity compared to other kpop acts.

• Hot100 is a great way to see which acts have broken the ceiling when it comes to KPOP and acts that made it outside the bubble but thats kinda it. Although it's proving to be more questionable recently and Spotify 200 is probably a better indicator as of late

BB200 - Better when it comes to seeing which acts have bigger/more dedicated fanbases (with debuts), some indicator of which groups have bigger casual following when you look at stability (all compared to their KPOP peers ofc)

• depends on the question

if you ask how I (as in me) value it - none at all I don't care about charting or numbers - If I like the song I like the song - If I don't no amount of charting is going to change that

if you ask me how important it is for a group then very

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!