Is Hybe recreating Bang's favorite GGs Izone and Blackpink?

• External Content twitter.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Seeing Hyein going on a full on luxury fashion event barely one year into her career is giving me major BP vibes. I've said many times how NJ is like the 4th gen Blackpink and their crazy ambassadorships and fashion promotions are an example of this (as is their spectacular charting globally and in the US and their diverse membership inc 2.5 truly fluent English speakers). We also know that BTS and BP arent strangers either lol despite how hard both labels tried to prevent any and all public interactions, so it's not unreasonable to assume Bang PD was and is a huge admirer of BP's global success.

FPDhkIAaUAE8tS3.jpg

Then we have LSRFM which was clearly Bang PD's attempt to recreate Izone using Chae, Sakura and Minju (i've read that he was a huge Wizone at heart lol). They have been laser focused on not only Korea but even more importantly, Japan. Which was Izone's bread and butter as well.

Basically he's got LSRFM for Japan and NJ for the West, with both strong domestically as well.

I'll be curious to see where Illin' fits in this picture. Dream Academy right around the corner as well.

• I think you may be thinking a bit to much which you heart on this one brother

I think he created two awesome groups with their own thing going. I don't see the lineage connecting in quite that way.

In any case two special groups. I agree there.

Random aside ... Chaewon oppa. I have such a crush on her.

She's so pretty in that picture.

<3

• NJ I think is not really connected to BP at all. Why would Hybe ever need to look at BP as an example when they have BTS literally there? I mean Hybe already has those connections from BTS and just from being so huge generally. They have an established base and proven track record to sell stuff. NJs also exploded on a grand scale which I think pushed it further. Honestly I don’t think BP played a factor at all. It was a combination of BTS and a Hybe connections and the girls amazing success.

• To say lsf are based on them already weird enough just because they have 2 ex Izone members. Izone is a quick cash cow, they don't create any revolution in the industry in term of their concept, sounds or promotion strategy. Lsf was first obviously targeting the west too especially with their sounds. They're bang's daughter and we all know his obsession with the West just like how he trying to push txt there. It's just Nj come with full force and stealing all attention there when everyone thought at first they gonna focus in Korea because of Mhj and their concept. So, we end up having this situation now.

It make more sense to say that Lsf is Bang's effort to create a super girl group that combining aspects from two biggest gg ever exist in Kpop, Bp and Twice.

• I'm not sure about following certain other groups but if there are many non-musical avenues towards success for an idol and fashion and brand deals and cfs just happen to be one of the main ones...

• NJ I think is not really connected to BP at all. Why would Hybe ever need to look at BP as an example when they have BTS literally there? I mean Hybe already has those connections from BTS and just from being so huge generally. They have an established base and proven track record to sell stuff. NJs also exploded on a grand scale which I think pushed it further. Honestly I don’t think BP played a factor at all. It was a combination of BTS and a Hybe connections and the girls amazing success.

bp is an influence to most 4th gen girl groups in a way or another like the marketing strategy ( brand deals among other things) I remember this happened

• bp is an influence to most 4th gen girl groups in a way or another like the marketing strategy ( brand deals among other things) I remember this happened

that's one official in a huge company I wouldn't put too much stock in it also its anonymous we dont even know who said that and the position of that official. I do think Bp influence current gen but I think BTS probably had a more significant influence. I do agree though BP is one of the first groups to do luxury brands and largely started that trend but I think BTS had more to do with it in regards to NJs at least.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!