Why JYP dont want Itzy to mature more, and instead they are going backwards?

• Twice release in 2019 Fancy you, wich was a step forward to a mature sound and image. Later came EWO to solidify their new image and sound. Yes, later they release again cheerfull songs, but they never come back to their "juvenile" beginnings.

Now, with Itzy is the opposite. They start with Dalla2, then icy, Wannabe, Not shy and their "maturity" stop with Loco. Now with the release of Sneakers everything change. Now we have a more childish Itzy, and i believe they were supposed to be aimed to a teenage audience, audience who is now 5 years older. What the hell JYP? What is your plan? And why the hell KILLSHOT is not the Tittle track? Forget the Korean audience, you already lost them. You still can reach International audience, like with Twice.

:wilds::wilds::wilds:

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• "Mature" often means more boring, so I prefer not for the most cases. But Twice have pulled it off pretty good, even if they always have some boring stuff now and then. The key is to do mature upbeat and fun songs, but too many "mature" conepts ends upp being slow tempo boring stuff. Bet on Me I would say is a good and mature concept for ITZY.

• Who is the chief creative officer of JYP?

At the heart of this 'American Dream' is J.Y. Park, Chief Creative Officer (CCO) of JYP Entertainment

^ thats the biggest issue for all of jype , hes out dated and still has control over the A&R (even tho they claim they vote on it)

but ITZY's image/sound was early on tied directly to galatika, which they havent been able to replicate since,

closest being voltage/bbb

• JYP are really bad at this

I think that even when you look at TWICE you can see how they 'came back' to fresher, more cute, playful, cheerful songs

I do agree tho that ITZY would slay more mature and deep song

or at least something like sexy cat woman type of song

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• Haha. Sometimes i forgot how shitty is this company. Asking something thinking in was best for the girls is too much to ask for that damn company. Bah, what i can do? Nothing. :exit-pepe:

• Because JYP doesn't know what to do with their GG

twice had exactly the same trajectory

The 1st-2nd cb after maturing do well, so they pursue on their more mature sound

But then there's a big downfall in term of performance in the chart

So he go back to how they were at the start hoping that they can build some momentum and able to compete with other gg

But then they can't build the momentum they had with music who sounds like their debut so he try to push them back into more mature

Twice did cute then mature with fancy and feel special who did well

But can't stop me etc... Flopped

So he tried to make them go back to their cheeeful sound with scientist and talk that talk hoping that they could build momentum again with korea to compete with other 3rd gen gg who were doing great in korea like bp, rv and omg

But these songs flopped really hard in korea and international

And since he saw that it was building no momentum for twice neither internationally or korea

He decided to go back to mature sound with " set me free "

Itzy experience the same thing when he decided to be back to their old sound but when he saw how sneakers did well in korea but them lost their international support

He thought that they build enough momentum in korea with sneakers to have their next song successfull

And he could tackle the international market again that's why he so quickly made them cb with something so different of sneakers and more mature with cheshire

But now that he saw that cheshire did poorly in international market proving that the international market moved on to a different gg

He decided to not force because he saw that sneakers didn't build enough momentum for itzy in korea that's why he made them comeback with cake

If cheshire did well in korea he would have continue to push more mature sound on itzy to gain back the international market

And nmixx is in the phase "we are changing our sound to find success " and if it's not working they'll be back to the mixxpop sound

✩We Born with the X-Gene✩

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!