Is it still possible to be a happy Kpop fan?

• I thought I was a happy kpop fan til I read this post LOL! I'm pretty casual tbh, I only listen to the music/watch the music videos thats it, I don't watch interviews or anything other than that. Sometimes I go on this forum though.

• Kpop fanwars (and verbal negativity in general) should at the most mildly annoy someone, if the words of others have the power to leave one with lasting and genuine unhappiness to me that's an indicator of an emotional disturbance or some other stressor present in one's life.

🍒 Chee~eer~ish 🍒

giphy.gif

• Kpop fanwars (and verbal negativity in general) should at the most mildly annoy someone, if the words of others have the power to leave one with lasting and genuine unhappiness to me that's an indicator of an emotional disturbance or some other stressor present in one's life.

Yes, if you've not been ganged up on for having a different opinion from most people's even though it's not negative especially by fans in your own fandom.

You don't have to have emotional disturbance or another stressed to feel down because of kpop stans' negativity.

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• Happiness in stanning kpop only happens when;

1. You are not a success stan because records made by your favs always get broken at some point which leaves success stans wounded emotionally.

2. Only focus on your favs. That way it doesn't matter what the rival fandom or haters do or say. You only listen to your favs music and other content and chat with only the positive people and it'll be a safe face.

3. Don't share criticism in discussions with people who don't know how they'll react to it even if it's constructive and about your favs. Note the people who only want to hear what they want and avoid them even if you share fandoms. Don't talk about how other idols make more than your favs or something coz it triggers the toxic ones and they'll come for you immediately.

4. Etc...

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• I understand how hard it is to be here and not to be here at the same time. I left this forum many-many times before because my menthal health, but I came back in the end because I don't get fresh news from elsewhere.

One of the most important thing for me is being selective with threads and interactions. Blocking sadly doesn't work anymore but I see certain usernames and I simply avoid even opening the thread. It may seem in bad manner, but I am not willing to interact or have conversations with people who clearly live to troll or are too emotionally hung up on a group or topic to respect and treat kindly others. You can't change most of them and they will blindly fight anything so better just avoid them and don't even torture yourself with reading mean comments!

Now making friends could be done the same way (although I am not so lucky with this). When I was here a little bit more I spent a long time to get to know others and with the users I deemed safe, logical, good mannered and well meaning, I began to make small chats so we had more private spaces (still with our user names and anonimity) do discuss any kind of topic in peace. But then people went offline and a lot of others either doesn't remember me or doesn't like to make those conversations anymore so I lost most of my friends... And I am still here because I want to share my joy at least.

It's not easy to be a carefree kpop fan because not only stan culture but idol scandals are wild too. I am quite careful with cancelling idols for a lot of scandals turn out to be untrue so I wait for confirmations and don't do rumor-threads. Still, as others have already said, always remember, no one can see and judge your playlist, you go and enjoy the music! If you are brave and want to experience companionship then either try to observe users and approach that way or you could try to bring some of your friends or family into this world stating to them that you could use some company with your hobby. My boyfriend's not a kpop fan but he is willing to cater to my interests without judgement and I am there for him too with his lego and comic obsession. :)

Well, take care of yourself and I hope you find joy in some of the answers. P.s.: I could do well myself with some nice conversations, lol. My english though needs a little bit of exercise.

* * * * * * •×• * * * * * *

• yup i hate social media i'm on twitter for retweeting and updates, i stay away and don't follow anyone except actual fan accounts and a few friends. I avoid and ignore all drama, because whatever. I'm on akp to talk to others, spread my faves, find new shit etc. sure i get in an occassional tiff or annoy people 'cause some are idiots but other then that pfft. whatever. enjoy kpop just ignore the bullshit. who cares if you're a multi or not. people can argue all they want just sit back and expand your collection like i do lol

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!