It is very possible now that there will be an "Eight" duet on Sep 18, 2022

• In the old days Kings/Emperors/heads of states did NOT visit other countries, except for conquest or submission.

In Asia, there was a strong taboo of Kings/Emperors NOT visiting other countries.

On 299 BC, King Huai of Chu visited the capital of Qin , the strongest state at that time, for a summit . The King of Qin arrested Huai for some trumped up charge, and Huai never returned to Chu and died in Qin. While Huai was in Qin which created an anarchy at Chu, Qin installed a pro-Qin figure as the next monarch, and Chu never recovered.

That lesson was never forgotten, and Kings/Emperors who ruled China only went to foreign countries as a conqueror, not for any reason. States recognizing the superiority of the Chinese Emperor had to send envoys to the Chinese Capital; but the kings of such states, except in some rare cases, didn't go to the Chinese capital either since going to there and personally showing respect to the Chinese Emperor would undermine their authorities back home.

Korea had a such king, King Chungsun (reigned 1308-1313). He was a grandson(through his mother) of Kublai Khan of Mongolia, who also founded the Yuan dynasty of China, and so Chungsun was more interested upon what was happening in the Yuan capital than Korea.

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

The KDrama "The King in Love" is about King Chungsun, played by Lim Siwan.

Chungsun spent virtually all of his 5 year reign at the Yuan capital, meddled with the Imperial succession of the Yuan and was an important figure in the Yuan court (he eventually abdicated because the Korean officials urged him too often to return and he didn't want to lose his support in the Yuan capital), but neglected Korea so Korean literati used him as an example to warn further monarchs not to leave Korea to visit other countries.

====

The very title of IU's concert is "The Golden Hour - Under the Orange Sun".

The reference to the Orange Sun is a reference to the IU-Suga song "Eight".

Until June 14, it would have been impossible to imagine that such duet would ever be possible in 10 years since BTS would be having a world tour and Suga showing up in IU's concert would have been nothing less than a shock.

BTS had conquered the entire world, with no act over it anywhere on the entire world, while Lee Jieun never sold any arena, let alone a stadium, With their vastly different international stature, such meeting was inconceivable.

At most such meeting would have been possible if IU were willing to show herself up to a BTS concert, but she only showed up in concerts held by those she personally knew.

The risk was too big. One side going to the other side was kinda of too risky since their pride, stature and positions would not allow it.

Then June 15, 2022 occurred.

====

I see J Hope appearing in IU's show as a capitulation.

Now, it is very possible that what seemed to begin as an innocent collaboration is turning into a trap which brings down an Empire.

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

This is forgivable since Psy had made a mark around the world.

But, Suga showing up in an event, which would probably have not taken place if the event of June 15 did not occur, to collaborate with BTS' most dogged, most persistent and most determined opponent is something for which I don't have words to describe.

"

So are you happy now (happy now)

Finally happy now yeah (yeah)"

If the event hinted at the description of The Golden Hour, "Under the Orange Sun", does occur I know I won't be happy now.

• There you go BlackpinkHouse , conspiracy theory with historical analogy.

But as usual nonsensical.

IU had booked and cancelled Jamsil, even before there was BTS pseudo-hiatus.

IU had already mentioned she would open with Eight in her Pieces documentary, before the BTS Pseudo-hiatus.

If Suga was willing enough to produce and feature for IU in 2020, why would he not participate in the concert - schedules permitting.

And yet we have no confirmation that Suga will be there.

We still don't know if the concert will be for full capacity or not, given the COVID uncertainties.

Or whether it will be for 3+ hours, which Jamsil supposedly does not allow.

If only 3 hours, there may not be much time for any guests, And as you often remind, she has rapped Suga's part rather well in earlier performances (But you conveniently forget that she has done that with G-Dragon, High4 etc. as well)

So effectively BTS faux-hiatus or Suga guesting at the concert - there is no evidence that they are any factors to IU's plans.

Edited 2 times, last by bbgc ().

• The poster (or was it a twitter? I am not 100% sure) shows a man and a woman dancing, and the emphasis is "Under the Orange Sun", a clear reference to Eight. There would be no confirmation since that would skew the emphasis of the show from IU to Suga, something she experienced when the producers put the clip Kim Soohyun filmed at the end of Hotel Del Luna, making him steal all the spotlight. It is likely that she will try to keep everyone guessing till the very end.

At 3 hrs it is likely that she will omit her earlier hits, and only concentrate on songs she released after 2019. She always had guests in her concerts in the provincial cities. 10 from Lilac (of which 'Troll', which needs a rapper, could be omitted), 5 from Pieces (of which Winter Sleep is not suitable since it would be autumn and a couple others can be cut), the OST for Crash Landing, about 3 songs for the guest (2 by the guest an 1 probably a duet), and there are still about 11 songs since her concerts, without double encores, have around 30 songs.

Jay Park was the first to answer her instagram so it is likely that he will be the saturday guest . But, given the weight of this event, plus this concert being probably the last by anyone at that scale for a long time (the 4th Gen is developing in a direction which will preclude huge concerts in Korea), it is unlikely that an ordinary guest will be invited there.

This is her moment of triumph, her victory event of having finally ended the brand of KPop which had conquered the world, so she will need some trophies.

We will probably not know until the evening of Sep 18, but it is very likely that if Suga is not available someone with a similar stature will be there.

• I am not saying Suga won't be there, there is a good chance he will be.

But just saying that the BTS faux-hiatus or Suga's presence isn't related to the concert plans,

Because she had both the concert and performing Eight planned - then cancelled, before BTS did their stunt(?)

Hey I will be glad if all her collabs turn up, from Choi Baek Ho, Epik High or Dean, they were all fantastic.

But yes, song choice you probably have it right.

Most of it will be Eight and after, 2020-22 songs.

Jay Park and Twice Jeogyeon have responded to the IG post.

Twice already have been guests once, but maybe related to their upcoming releases.. I don't know, JYPE might have cut a deal.

I would like to see one of the 4th Gen GGs guest.

• I think if a 4th gen GG guests, it will be one from Kakao. Weeekly, Ive or Stayc. Actually, i think Stayc makes the most sense, since they are known to the GP but would still benefit from collabing with IU. Weeekly might be too nugu and Ive is already HUGE on their own and wouldnt need the boost as much as Stayc.

• I think if a 4th gen GG guests, it will be one from Kakao. Weeekly, Ive or Stayc. Actually, i think Stayc makes the most sense, since they are known to the GP but would still benefit from collabing with IU. Weeekly might be too nugu and Ive is already HUGE on their own and wouldnt need the boost as much as Stayc.

If it were an ordinary concert held in a provincial city or even at the Gymnastics, possible. She did invite GFriend in 2015 when it was not too popular.

But, the weight is simply too much for the newer acts. Probably next year when she will probably scale it down.

Someone everyone can kind of agree will be there. Who, I don't know, but the hints are abundant.

Twice didn't refuse her invitation, so if Ive is invited they will show up, but this event is simply too big for newer acts. Seotaji had invited BTS but by that time Seotaiji was a veteran.

• The very title of the concert means 'Eight' is the song with the chief emphasis, which can only mean one thing. If this event had been done in some other time when the participation of Suga would have been infeasible she would have titled it something else.

Again, this is too big for newer acts. The pressure would be enormous and if they make mistakes it will be shown around the world quite quickly.

• The very title of the concert means 'Eight' is the song with the chief emphasis, which can only mean one thing. If this event had been done in some other time when the participation of Suga would have been infeasible she would have titled it something else.

Again, this is too big for newer acts. The pressure would be enormous and if they make mistakes it will be shown around the world quite quickly.

I will repeat for the last time,

It is your own imagination to think Suga wouldn't have participated if not for the faux-hiatus.

She always had plans to open with Eight, her documentary is the evidence, irrespective of Suga joining or not. Again this was before the faux hiatus.

So meh.

It is simply your desparate attempt to reduce her feat, to something related to BTS.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!