Concept of generation (sexy concept, aegyo, girl crush etc)

• Do you agree with the following statements and what do you think is this current generations “main concept”

I feel like every generation kind of has a concept a lot of the groups roll with. For 1st gen it was veeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeery like…. Almost disco if i had to say something? Like even Adult Ceremony kind of gives me disco infusion

2nd gen- now this is a liiiiittle different because generations were much longer. Honestly 1st gen prob had more too but i’m not very educated on them. 2nd, however, kind of has two halves in my opinion and theyre honestly both summed up by the two separate SM ggs released of the time (or even just SNSD if you follow their career) it started out all over but then most groups found their way to the strange-cute concept/aegyo concept (boys included) i would say good examples come from the hits of the time like Bar Bar Bar, Gee and Mr. Chu, but right around the time that F(x) came back they started this trend of being a little cooler. Towards the end of this generation almost every single one of these groups switched to a more sexy and sultry concept, F(x) and SNSD included. F(x) being still more electronic, and SNSD being rooted more in a pop way.

3rd gen- so right near the end of the third gen and during the beginning of the fourth gen, many girl groups either quickly switched to or debuted with a girl crush concept, almost like the child marketable version of the more sultry and adult concepts that the more senior groups were gravitating towards. And at the same time there was a larrrrrge portion of girl groups debuting with or quickly switching to a more overtly sexual concept (Girl’s Day Something, AOA Miniskirt/Like a Cat, 9muses et al), and even the two girl groups, Gfriend and Twice, who STARTED innocent/cute even changed to girl crush eventually. I would say the acts of this time that “mark it” and are known for their girl crush concept would be BlackPink, late-Twice, Red Velvet, and late-Mamamoo.

4th gen- i feel like we’re actually Pretty late in the game for this generation and i dont really know the beginning concept at all. I want to say maybe Noise music??? I would say the more matured concept thag this generation is landing on though is an R&B inspired y2k. Aespa’s Thirsty, TripleS Generation, most of NewJeans discog. The outliers to me would be more IVE because I’d say they are…….. honestly they’re the sexy concept that really thrived end of 2nd gen/beginning of 3rd gen. They tried y2k with kitsch but i dont think its like their SOUND (yet)

What do yall think is this generations main concept?

'*•.¸♡ NewJeans ♡¸.•*'

all this time. . . .。・:*˚:✧。

• 4th gen is just a mix of things honestly. you can't say ive, newjeans, gidle, lesserafim, aespa have similar music. all of these groups are at the "top" but they don't sound that alike nor are their concepts too similar. there are crossovers but all of them are doing their own thing which might be why there are so many multistans.

(tbh even stayc, itzy, and nmixx have their own distinct music AND concept although you could argue that itzy and lsrm are somewhat similar. same with nwjns and stayc's image)

but idk abt the nugus tho

• Disagree with 2nd gen

2nd gen was never a cute generation who then shaped into a sexy cool concept

It was always a mix of both

First of all snsd was never a cute neither a sexy or cool gg they were always a gg playing on all the field

And saying this would be diminished the impact that very successfull like Jewelry, Brown eyed girls etc... Had for years prior to f(x) debut with sexy concept

Also you mention bar bar bar, but BBB is a song from crayon pop a gg who debuted in 2012 same year than EXO debuted so if exo is 3rd gen crayon pop too is

+ Mr.chu was release in the middle of 3rd gen so i would disagree with you saying it's a hit of the time of the 2nd gen

✩We Born with the X-Gene✩

• so right near the end of the third gen and during the beginning of the fourth gen, many girl groups either quickly switched to or debuted with a girl crush concept, almost like the child marketable version of the more sultry and adult concepts that the more senior groups were gravitating towards. And at the same time there was a larrrrrge portion of girl groups debuting with or quickly switching to a more overtly sexual concept (Girl’s Day Something, AOA Miniskirt/Like a Cat, 9muses et al),

Actually 9muses is a gg who debuted in 2010 during 2nd gen

And they didn't switch their concept to sexy, they were always a sexy gg

Also it was not at the end of 3rd gen, it was more at the end of 2nd gen debut of 3rd gen

✩We Born with the X-Gene✩

• I was saying a 2nd gen group released that as a hit song (mr. Chu) and and that BBB to exo stretch?

If SNSD were to release a song tomorrow and it be a hit, would they suddenly be a 4th gen GG??? Jw?

'*•.¸♡ NewJeans ♡¸.•*'

• Actually 9muses is a gg who debuted in 2010 during 2nd gen

And they didn't switch their concept to sexy, they were always a sexy gg

Also it was not at the end of 3rd gen, it was more at the end of 2nd gen debut of 3rd gen

But on the same note, i would prob say truthfully EXO and CRAYON POP are either the VERY LAST 2nd gen idols or the VERY FIRST 3rd both because would you say NCT and EXO are the same era?

'*•.¸♡ NewJeans ♡¸.•*'

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!