As a fan how do you react when Idols do IG or Weverse live and...

• So they do live on IG or Weverse, either solo or as a group. And only talk in Korean, and even more even when fans will ask simple things or write nice compliments in English Idol still ignores it...

As for someone who got lot of interaction with Idols in the past seeing them responding to my comments or reacting with hearts or likes it's kind of weird to also see that there will always be those who will 99% ignore foreign fans.

It's complicated thing do you agree? Maybe it's like some older/previous gen Idols didn't really get a proper training in such things or they weren't learning English but in same time when just few people will write hello in English or ask simple question like "how are you" or write "I love you" do you agree that even one or two times during live the Idol should respond tk that say I'm ok, or at least thank you?

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• if you want to communicate with Koreans then learn Korean is what I go by

that's when you interact with normal regular people on the streets, that's right

still I saw so many street interviews in Seoul when people in different age casually talk about things in english and those were very pleasant conversations

Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• Uhh there's a lot of artists who don't know English. They ignore it because they don't understand it. I can name one artist off the top of my head who did a live and I commented him to hell and back and he said "sorry i don't know english" yes he can form a line to tell us a bit, but he tried.

You shouldn't expect them to sit here and speak another language to you. If you expect it then that's on you. They don't have to learn another language or even speak it. Even if they know a bit, perhaps they aren't comfortable with it. I never go into a live of ANY of my faves expecting anything. It's AMAZING when they do respond and read it and even respond back in english. But I watch because I enjoy watching them not because I expect them to speak english.

that's a terrible mindset to have.

• For official content I expect the company to provide english subtitles but for fan service from an idol it's too idealistic to think that they can speak english well enough or they have the time to learn english. Most of the idols work too much as it is and lives like these are supposed to be fun and relaxing even for the idol. I think it shouldn't be a must to cater to international fans. I understand that international fans wish to be closer to their idol but it's natural to have the language barrier between you and your fave and it's no use to get angry or hurt about it. If the content is not accessible for me then I accept it. Either one must learn the language or remain satisfied with the official content.

* * * * * * •×• * * * * * *

• I dont think much of it or care that they don't read the English comments.

I know English, Chinese, and Spanish but is only fluent in English.

Comments flow though the screen so fast, especially if you're a top idol or group and have alot of fans.

My brain can instantly pick up English sentences because I'm fluent in it with no mental effort. I don't even need to see the entire word or our read the entire sentences and my brain will process it like most people fluent in it can.

But if Spanish pop up, I need to process every word and think about the grammar structure and stuff before I can process what it means.

So unless the idol or group is fluent in English, I don't expect them to see it when there are 20 comments a second going through the screen

• Uhh there's a lot of artists who don't know English. They ignore it because they don't understand it. I can name one artist off the top of my head who did a live and I commented him to hell and back and he said "sorry i don't know english" yes he can form a line to tell us a bit, but he tried.

You shouldn't expect them to sit here and speak another language to you. If you expect it then that's on you. They don't have to learn another language or even speak it. Even if they know a bit, perhaps they aren't comfortable with it. I never go into a live of ANY of my faves expecting anything. It's AMAZING when they do respond and read it and even respond back in english. But I watch because I enjoy watching them not because I expect them to speak english.

that's a terrible mindset to have.

I'm talking overall, and I only asked 'how do you react'

Your parasocial relationship is out of control buddy

Time to tamd it lol

:facepalm: I've asked how do you react

and also I don't know that many Idols to have full context of it

people are different so I guess one will care, one from 4th gen will even start talking in english herself

and also overall I'm not talking here about things like those who comment five times: "talk in english"

because it's rude and I wouldn't ever expect that

one thing that xx-jenn-xx wrote about fav saying 'sorry I don't know english' that's actually a good one especially when Idol ain't feelin comfy about talking in foreign language, just few simple words and that's it

also I'm not 'camping' on lives of groups like aespa or Le Sserafim which will have comments running like crazy :S

• I react the way a NORMAL person should...be happy if they can communicate in a language you understand but don't expect it. They shouldn't be required to know a language. It's great if they do, and some members in groups are the ones who can communicate easily in various languages. But I hate HATE people spamming during a live "say this in such and such language" "speak this" it's disgusting and rude.

If people really want to know what the hell the idol is saying, follow live translators, wait til an upload with translations or you know, learn the language. I stan 30+ groups

Corbyn, a soloist, former leader etc of 24k is american I LOVE his lives it's pure english.

However if you watch like Luminous you'll get them trying but Steven being australian will be the one to say things mostly in english.

VAV - one of the few 3rd gens who all speaks multiple languages. I have had St. Van read my shit and respond many times

Like I said and others. if you hound them and expect and demand something you're the problem.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!