JYPE May Have Found Another Incredible Main Vocal For Their A2K (American GG)

• Damn, she's good. NMIXX might have competition as JYPE's strongest vocal group. She's also from Canada like Lia. I was wondering if we would get any Canadian contestants.

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

PGDPGT PRETTY GIRLS DOING PRETTY GIRL THINGS

417aa1c7e1372f9ae29d8e2f659d3f12cf0db4d9.gifv0d1493f18550d15d02f4c2bba44c12bdc01f518d.gifv

• External Content twitter.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Interview

External Content www.youtube.com

• BlackpinkHouse She's no Morrisette, but as the residential vocal aficionado, tell me, what would you rate her?

I have an idea what I think you'll say, but I'll keep it to myself until you answer. We'll see if it's higher or lower than what I'm thinking. :pepe-narrow-eyes:

417aa1c7e1372f9ae29d8e2f659d3f12cf0db4d9.gifv0d1493f18550d15d02f4c2bba44c12bdc01f518d.gifv

• Damn, she's good. NMIXX might have competition as JYPE's strongest vocal group. She's also from Canada like Lia. I was wondering if we would get any Canadian contestants.

External Content youtu.be

I hope she is in.....

Melissa seems to be posting on her IG which usually isn't a good sign for JYPE while Kiera's IG hasn't had new posts from about when the Auditions were being held.

I also fear these Survival Shows because they often give Songs that don't help bring the best of the Contestants.

But the big draw card is not knowing what direction the group will take

• That's true too. Unfortunately, it's not always about who is most talented. Though you're right, her chances aren't looking good if she's still active on IG. So, I'm hoping there's another vocalist on her level or better.

I wonder if they are going to make them perform in Korean lol. It's JYPE tradition to perform JYPE songs on the survival show, so I can only assume. And, I can definitely see Melissa's voice not necessarily being subtle for that kind of thing. Or, she may lack in other skills or attributes. Guess we'll just have to wait and see.

• BlackpinkHouse She's no Morrisette, but as the residential vocal aficionado, tell me, what would you rate her?

I have an idea what I think you'll say, but I'll keep it to myself until you answer. We'll see if it's higher or lower than what I'm thinking. :pepe-narrow-eyes:

I listened to one minute and that was enough.

I LOVED it. It's just as good as the original to me =O=O . Her voice doesn't sound fully developed, i can't describe it exactly she just sounds awfully young still, like maybe 15-16, but this actually makes her version stand out even more, her tone is GREAT. And she didnt use overuse vibrato/runs to mask her inability to hit the notes dead on (i remember seeing that in a couple other covers, i hate when singers do this). The song is difficult and super emotional, and she made me tear up in a minute so already that's a huge win.

If JYP was smart, they would make this new American GG a vocal focused one, i do think there is room for one now that Little Mix and the Camilla group are both gone. Someone like her would be amazing.

I went on an another old school binge a couple nights ago, relieving all the glory years of RnB, teen pop, boyband kinda music. When will we ever see THIS again in the RnB oriented modern pop world? Real music with real notes and real lyrics performed by real singers telling real stories :emotionalpepe:

• Wow, look at you with a rare W take.

Also, your taste in music is also not half bad too. Particularly those Boyz II Men and Luthor recommendations. :lighter-pepe:

Classics.

I agree particularly with your observation about this being a somewhat vocal group. I'm assuming this new group is going to be 5-6 members (6 is already a bit much fpr a Western group), and at least 2 of them need to be quality vocalists.

• That Luther song has some of the amazing lyrics of any pop song in history. Verses, chorus, amazing bridge, and then the key change to the final heartbreaking verse/outro, the song is perfectly structured. I bawl like a middle age baby sometimes :cryc: . All the greats are passing one by one :sob-bunny:

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!