S-Class outlasted Misamo on the Line chart and Spotify Japan

• Surprised?

In 10 days Misamo’s song is already out of the top 100 on the Line Daily chart and the Top 200 on Spotify Japan.

First ever MV supported track for Misamo.

Considering it was 4th on the weekly chart just last week, it must have fallen off like a truck.

What are expectations for the title? Surely has to do much better.

Considering how much Stray Kids sales are increasing there as well as the 10-stop Dome tour (will be the biggest JYPE Japanese tour ever), they really going to end up the highest earners in JYPE in Japan as well pepe-ooh

• What really surprises me is JYP's modus operadi of always only capitalize well on a market Stray Kids naturally get a lot bigger thanks to the virality of their music.

Before Case 143 was an organic digital hit on Japan and took them to an other level, Stray Kids was only releasing one japanese comeback and bye, just like Maniac Tour's concerts were on the same venue they did their japanese fanmeeting in >2019<. Now, everything changed, cause It seems they proved their value.

S-Class doing well on Japan doesn't surprise me as much, cause It's their first korean comeback after Case 143. I might wait to see If It's just the effect of being a follow-up or they are really consistently doing well digitally.

:pepe-narrow-eyes:

Bankai: Minazuki

85e1d14897360f5af5426181e6b1e605126ab548.gifv

• MiSaMo's B-Side reached number 1 on LINE and you're talking about a Korean Title release beating it

Fandom streaming. Fell straight away and spent most of its limited hours at number one at like 2/3am :pepe-narrow-eyes:

How else is a song going from top @@@4df91cb2-55a3-492a-b1a4-8c870b9a1992@@@ to out of the top 100 that quickly.

Also that b-side was their first ever MV which is about as much promo as Japanese releases get. If Twice fans aren’t surprised with the performance it says a lot :pepe-narrow-eyes:

• Looking at numbers it seems they are doing well with the younger peeps :pepe-narrow-eyes:

Doubt it’ll translate into GP recognition to the extent Twice have gained over the years but could be like Seventeen which means a shit ton of money

Would keep eyes peeled for the Oricon year-end revenue rankings to see if Stray Kids make it into the list. Only BTS and Seventeen have made it from kpop recently :pepe-narrow-eyes:

• Looking at numbers it seems they are doing well with the younger peeps :pepe-narrow-eyes:

Doubt it’ll translate into GP recognition to the extent Twice have gained over the years but could be like Seventeen which means a shit ton of money

Would keep eyes peeled for the Oricon year-end revenue rankings to see if Stray Kids make it into the list. Only BTS and Seventeen have made it from kpop recently :pepe-narrow-eyes:

Yep, SKz is doing really well

To the extent TWICE has achieved I'm not expecting. But I think they have a bit since, while Line Music and AM Japan translate more into the young audience, Spotify Japan and Youtube are more diverse in terms of demography and they are doing well in all plataforms. As result, in their 3rd week they are still on Top 10 of both Oricon Streaming Chart and Billboard Streaming Chart.

Iirc, only 'Super', 'OMG', 'I Am' and 'Unforgiven' had better/similar initial results. Other korean songs are far. So I think It means something. :pepe-narrow-eyes:

About Oricon year-end revenue, we have to wait and see. They have on their favor they released a japanese full album that sold ~430k, which are naturally much more expensive than other formats and, on top of that, they will release an EP in september. But I think It would help them more If their korean albums were distributed by a japanese distributor, instead of being imported. It helps BTS and Seventeen's korean albums to sell a lot better on Oricon and would help SKZ. :pepe-narrow-eyes:

• To the extent TWICE has achieved I'm not expecting. But I think they have a bit since, while Line Music and AM Japan translate more into the young audience, Spotify Japan and Youtube are more diverse in terms of demography and they are doing well in all plataforms. As result, in their 3rd week they are still on Top 10 of both Oricon Streaming Chart and Billboard Streaming Chart.

Iirc, only 'Super', 'OMG', 'I Am' and 'Unforgiven' had better/similar initial results. Other korean songs are far. So I think It means something. :pepe-narrow-eyes:

About Oricon year-end revenue, we have to wait and see. They have on their favor they released a japanese full album that sold ~430k, which are naturally much more expensive than other formats and, on top of that, they will release an EP in september. But I think It would help them more If their korean albums were distributed by a japanese distributor, instead of being imported. It helps BTS and Seventeen's korean albums to sell a lot better on Oricon and would help SKZ. :pepe-narrow-eyes:

I fear New Jeans have already moved to another level in Japan, Ditto and OMG numbers were big, they even got the Coke song to chart :pepe-narrow-eyes:

Yep Korean album sales is something that bg’s have always done better at than gg’s in Japan so would be stupid for JYPE to not capitalise.

I saw Stray Kids had the 500k cert for their Japanese release. I was initially just winding up certain Twice fans with the last line in my OP but now thinking about it, it’s most likely already true.

Larger tour and sell a lot more. Twice digitally also aren’t the powerhouse they used to be so doubt it makes up anywhere near the difference, maybe CF’s help plug the gap. Pillars indeed :pepe-narrow-eyes:

• Both songs are subpar but in opposite ways, however it's not shocking that the Japanese listening public would still prefer loud garbage over garbage that will put them to sleep before the song is over

🍒 Chee~eer~ish 🍒

314f6d45bba4af73b4a09fde553ceeb7fefb3df2.gifv

• NewJeans is THE 4th generation group I see reaching TWICE's level of popularity in the future on said market and I'm not even being biased. Their numbers and digital performance don't lie. But let's see the next chapters when they actually debut there and start touring. :pepe-narrow-eyes:

Forgeting the digital discussion, about touring, I'm not sure If Stray Kids will do better than TWICE in terms of revenue. Cause they will do 8 large-venues concerts (If they don't announce more) and TWICE did/will do 6 large-venue concerts this year. It's close and, depending on pricing and tickets available, TWICE can do better or similarly. I'd say It might be a tie.

On physicals departament Stray Kids has an edge and CF departament TWICE has an edge.

Anyway, who is winning the most is JYPE in the end of the day for having both. :pepe-narrow-eyes:

• NewJeans are inevitable at this point

Im confused, wiki tells me Stray Kids have already done two days in Saitama and two Dome dates this year as part of the Maniac tour, with the tour later in the year being 10 Domes. So they’ll have 14 dates, 12 being Domes, in Japan this year? :pepe-narrow-eyes:

It was a b side not too surprising good that it reached number 1 though

I think you’re massively overrating that h number one. It was on the real time chart between 12am—6am. It’s the equivalent on boy groups streaming to number one in zombie hours on Melon back in the day :pepe-narrow-eyes:

Even then, you should be surprised that a Twice song can go top 5 and drop out of the top 100 in a week. ;judgingpepe:

Stray kids popularity in Japan is still growing. Not fair to compare

That makes this even more impressive :pepe-narrow-eyes:

• NewJeans are inevitable at this point

Im confused, wiki tells me Stray Kids have already done two days in Saitama and two Dome dates this year as part of the Maniac tour, with the tour later in the year being 10 Domes. So they’ll have 14 dates, 12 being Domes, in Japan this year? :pepe-narrow-eyes:

Wait, you are right about one thing,

I forgot about their Maniac Tour's 4 encore dates this year. Shame on me as a fan :pepe-narrow-eyes:

But their japanese domes for 5-star Tour are "only" 8 dates. 2 dates will be on a dome on Korea. So, 12 dates overall (with SSA stadium mode), 10 being domes. Well... yes, their revenue will be bigger most likely. :pepe-narrow-eyes:

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!