songs that have noticeably aged

• I'm looking for those songs that have aged really glaringly, not just because of lyrics but things like the sound and production that marks it as being from a whole nother era

Post those songs and WHY they're really showing their age

Taeyang - Wedding Dress (2009)

Now i love this song to bits, but that Akon/Ne-yo ass sound is so specifically 2007-2009, and I don't see mainstream RnB coming back to that for at least 3 more years. He does a spoken word intro!! So right now it's this perfect fossil of a song.

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

edit: intro piano is a non-subtle River Flows In You nod, prove me wrong

• Problem is most songs that have "aged" are still 1 quintillion times better than the disposable noise that we have got going on these days. There is more passion, more musicality, more storytelling in these five minutes than the entire Hot 100 or Melon Top 100 combined tbh. Terrible badly preserved MV, zero autotune, no fancy effects besides basic reverb, etc. And yet STILL SUPERIOR :flower-cutie:

Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• Problem is most songs that have "aged" are still 1 quintillion times better than the disposable noise that we have got going on these days. There is more passion, more musicality, more storytelling in these five minutes than the entire Hot 100 or Melon Top 100 combined tbh.

this has aged uniquely terribly, but take away the canned orchestra and musically it's literally Blink 182 (slowed and reverbed). also, I sort of respect how he apparently had a raging coke addiction but still stayed so large. Man was on a mission.

RIP to a legend tho

now post some K POP you sentient mullet, any more age-gap rock and I'd think you were just stanning ive for their success

• If i'm being Honest , Most of 2NE1 title track

I still love them, and i still enjoy them because i grew up with them and these songs have a very special place in my heart

but i do understand why people now wouldn't necessarily wants to listen to their discography after listening to their title track

i dont know 2ne1's discog that well, but all the really big TT's sound normal to me, except maybe I Am The Best?

• this has aged uniquely terribly, but take away the canned orchestra and musically it's literally Blink 182 (slowed and reverbed). also, I sort of respect how he apparently had a raging coke addiction but still stayed so large. Man was on a mission.

RIP to a legend tho

now post some K POP you sentient mullet, any more age-gap rock and I'd think you were just stanning ive for their success

Well, tbh, i initially supported Ive purely cause of WY and YJ. Shocking i know :nob: . But their last three singles have been straight fire, two SOTY contenders in AL and I AM, and one that was SO CLOSE to being a SOTY contender if not for the drop in Kitsch.

And OMG you DID NOT COMPARE LITERAL LEGEND Meatloaf to those fake rockers known as Blink 182. :ragec:

I would post Kpop videos that have aged terribly, except there are none. I dont believe music can age badly or be called "dated". Music is timeless, whether they follow current trends or not. I have never stopped listening to a song because it's no longer trendy lol, why would i let rando Zoomers decide how i feel about the music i love?

So here are some of the songs that have noticeably aged, but have gotten 1000x better like wine. The 3rd and 4th gen versions of them are best though :flower-cutie:

• i dont know 2ne1's discog that well, but all the really big TT's sound normal to me, except maybe I Am The Best?

actually i personally find that the song who aged the worst is come back home

probably because of the electro chorus because the slow version still sound very modern

but the electro chorus is so 2011-2012 when electro was a big thing

✩We Born with the X-Gene✩

Image Image

• "aging" doesnt exist in music. its just music. i always thought that was such a weird criticism of a song. trends arent relevant.

• And OMG you DID NOT COMPARE LITERAL LEGEND Meatloaf to those fake rockers known as Blink 182. :ragec:

same songs different drugs

i checked out your posted covers, here are my thoughts

So Hot - inarguably a classic no matter how you slice it

#2 - no comment.

The Boys - it's the best SNSD song, maybe next to genie

Mirotic - this song is so old it loops back into being fresh again. Enhypen could do this justice in a couple years

Fiction - unironically my partners favourite kpop song of all time so it gets a pass no matter what

what i've learned from this is that it's often the production choices that age the songs in kpop. but you can dress them up with new voices/arrangments and they hold up pretty well

• aesthetic preferences are not criticism :)

Yeah I didnt even read the OP tbh the title just annoyed me haha

Here's some 2000s era sounding jrock

• Has your bae seen this 4th gen MBC Gayo version of Fiction i linked? I didnt really like the OG version with the rando BG i can never remember, but i was shocked speechless at this cover. Best vocal performance of any Gayo collab that i can remember, and yes i know it wasnt live but that dont matter, it was that good. Plus the production, whoever handled the sound production shoulda gotten a raise, the girls voices sounded so clear and immaculate with the emotional edge to them preserved as well. In particular, I never considered Ryujin a vocalist but her tone floored me here =O=O

• Has your bae seen this 4th gen MBC Gayo version of Fiction i linked? I didnt really like the OG version with the rando BG i can never remember, but i was shocked speechless at this cover. Best vocal performance of any Gayo collab that i can remember, and yes i know it wasnt live but that dont matter, it was that good. Plus the production, whoever handled the sound production shoulda gotten a raise, the girls voices sounded so clear and immaculate with the emotional edge to them preserved as well. In particular, I never considered Ryujin a vocalist but her tone floored me here =O=O

"no comment" they said. the original is held too high. but its good I reckon

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!