Is height important for female idols?

• A lot of female (I hate saying that<X) idols have been height shamed. The first that comes to mind is Irene. Of course there are a lot of stans who are like "Awww my wittle uwu baby" but on the other hand I've seen people imply that because [insert pretty idol here] isn't as pretty as they could be because they are under 170cm. Also stans talk about idols like Wonyoung or Tzuyu like tall women are the rarest coming ever and like they are more beautiful than shorter female idols due to their height.

Reply with your opinion, not with "No because _ is short"

I find this so weird because in the western world Im considered less attractive and less ideal as a partner for being tall lmao (Im 5"8 and people love teasing me about basically being an NBA player lmao) so I always thought the reason female KPOP idols were short was because thats desirable? The only tall one I know of is Aisha from overglow, and even in music videos Ive seen comments saying for a tall girl she manages to dance well and not look weird while dancing... thats so insulting, basically saying tall people look ugly dancing? so this is such a shock to me lmao

• no. There are plenty of idols that win the hearts of Kpop fans, despite being average-short. Height shouldn’t even determine your talent, or personality, and it definitely should not determine you as a human. Unfortunately, female idols work in an industry were you’ll constantly have people judging your visuals, height, body, and etc. It’s so sad, and that’s why some idols are unconfident, and have a very hard time enjoying group activities. It is definitely unacceptable, to criticize somebody’s looks, and bring them down. Of Course like the rest of the Korean Beauty Standard, a tall figure is preferred, approximately 165 cm or higher. And it’s disgusting how some fans go and bash k-pop idols, male and female, just because of how tall or short they are. However, height should not be something for people to judge, nor should it be looked down upon.

네가 참 궁금해 그건 너도 마찬가지 (ooh, ooh)...

• Height shaming, like any form of body shaming, is harmful and unnecessary. An individual's worth should not be determined by their height or any other physical characteristic. It is important to recognize that people come in all shapes and sizes, and that should be celebrated. click here for calculate your height

It is unfortunate that some fans perpetuate the idea that taller idols are more beautiful or desirable than shorter ones. This only reinforces harmful beauty standards and contributes to a culture that values appearance over substance. It is important to focus on an individual's talent, personality, and character, rather than their physical attributes.

My man took it so personally that he made an account to reply to a 2 years old thread :skull:

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!