Vocal Nerds! Ranking Produce/Planet Groups Vocally

• Jay makes me a hypocrite. I'm always side-eyeing people that use vocal tone or everything other than technique to name someone a good vocalist, but he sounds so special ;( Joy is my bias in Red Velvet, and even if her tone is pretty, it's pretty clear that Seulgi and Wendy are better, even if I didn't know vocal tiers, but IDK what happens when it comes to Jay

I'm not a vocal nerd, but ZB1 would be my top 1 based on vocals. They have the most vocalists who can support and the lineup is even smaller than others (sans Kep1er). If we had an ot11 lineup, Jay and Park Hanbin would make it, and by the review I saw, PHanbin is like C- (or a really high D+), and Jay is similar to Gunwook and Sung Hanbin. Even if others have a better main vocal, it's not someone like Chen or Kyuhyun who are too much better and would compensate the lack of vocalists.

I know a lot of people who like Jay for his tone and stylistic ease! I personally like listening to him because it always looks like he's having fun while singing and he interprets a song well. Imo, support is a great way of deducing vocal skill, but it's not the only factor in what makes a good vocalist.

Krystal is a similar case for me, I know she isn't great but I still love her singing.

Yeah, I debated putting ZB1 at #1 but Jaehwan and Sejeong are so good that I just couldn't do it lol. Either way, it's nice that we have such a vocally strong overall lineup in the 4th Gen, especially after Kep1er.

• I know a lot of people who like Jay for his tone and stylistic ease! I personally like listening to him because it always looks like he's having fun while singing and he interprets a song well. Imo, support is a great way of deducing vocal skill, but it's not the only factor in what makes a good vocalist.

Krystal is a similar case for me, I know she isn't great but I still love her singing.

Yeah, I debated putting ZB1 at #1 but Jaehwan and Sejeong are so good that I just couldn't do it lol. Either way, it's nice that we have such a vocally strong overall lineup in the 4th Gen, especially after Kep1er.

Overall I would say I.O.I and Wanna One have the better vocal line, and Zb1 better as a group lol But it's debatable. Ong impressed me a lot, I don't think people hyped a lot his vocals back then, he's trully amazing as a main dancer and can be a main vocal in other groups (we lost him to kdramas ;( ).

Seungyoon impressed me the other way, I was sure he could support since he was hyped a someone who could be main dancer, vocal and rapper, so he's more like Youngeun that sounds better than he is but lacks vocal technique. That makes Gunwook the top1 all-rounder from produce/planet series in my list.

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• IOi is far and away the strongest, they have two awesome vocalists but half of them are decent to good vocalists like Pinky, Yoojung, Somi, Chungha and even Doyeon is decent. The other members are less impressive, but they can hold their notes and sing live except maybe Sohee and Chaeyeon

Wanna One used to be decent I think, Jaehwan, Sungwonn and Minhyun was a decent vocal line. Ong, Jisung and Daehwi also know how to sing. The rest of the group though... I don't think we ever saw many of them singing live at all

iZone is the group is know very little, from my memory Eunbi, Chaewon, Chaeyeon and Yuri were the members who know how to sing. From what I see in Lesserafim Chaewon is good. Eunbi solo stuff is nice as well. I will refrain from comment more about Izone, but I'd say they look the second weakest vocally for me?

X1 vocals were bad. There are no other way to rephrase it. The show barely had vocal live, says a lot. Seungwoon was pretty much the only real vocalist in the group. Woodz comes across the second for me and mind you, he is a dancer and rapper, shows a lot about the sore state of X1 vocal line. Wooseok was okay I guess. The other ones were from many degrees of week to not knowing how to sing at all

I don't follow Kep1er neither watched their show

Zerobase is at least on pair with Wanna One. Hanbin, Hao and Taerae is a very decent vocal line who can cover Minhyun-Seungwoon-Jaehwan niche in the group. Gunwook, Matthew and Ricky are all undeveloped but Gunwook is decent, Matthew and Ricky sounds very stable live and with a very good breath control, I don't think they will do bad at all. Jiwoong has a very poor technique and needs to learn how to sing. Gyuvin and Yujin don't know how to sing whatsoever.

I'd day

IOI >>>>>> W1 / ZB1 >> iZone >> X1

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!