Highest female artists & groups first week sales in 2023 so far

• 1. JISOO ME- 1.172M

2. IVE- 1,102K

3.NEW JEANS, OMG -701K

4. TWICE, READY TO BE- 651K

5.NMIXX, EXPERGO- 630K

I didn't include Le ssefarin yet since we have to wait for a week I'll add them later.

BlinkTaglist   DiveTaglist

• If I say company stans...

Still

bc technically Twice should have the same company stan + massive fandom they grew over the years.

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• If I say company stans...

I don't get that logic though?

That made sense for their 1st album, but even for their pre-sale, they only got 60k sales for their "blind package".

I doubt company stans are the main reason they've sold 845k albums so far. If that were the case, why are their sales growing each comeback.

But, different perspectives I suppose. :wellr:

PGDPGT PRETTY GIRLS DOING PRETTY GIRL THINGS

fc48bd06c65bdda5a70662a95298c58967e2efac.gifv2388a663244f2a30b386bac2c9600bc97508161c.gifv

• Company stans are always one of the reasons behind big numbers, specially rookies. Best seller groups always being from big4 isnt a coincidence

narcissistic, my god i love it

JCsIq3Q.gif

• Company stans are always one of the reasons behind big numbers, specially rookies. Best seller groups always being from big4 isnt a coincidence

Do you mean company stans as in people just supporting NMIXX because of JYPE?

Or do you mean company stans as in people who are fans of multiple JYPE groups and NMIXX happens to be one of them?

If you're referring to the 2nd then, yes I agree, and like you said, every Big 4 group has them. If you're referring to the 1st then I don't agree.

fc48bd06c65bdda5a70662a95298c58967e2efac.gifv2388a663244f2a30b386bac2c9600bc97508161c.gifv

• nmixx seems to be working on building their own fanbase also twice releases more than one album throughout the year so it's normal the sales won't be super high all the time.

Company stans are always one of the reasons behind big numbers, specially rookies. Best seller groups always being from big4 isnt a coincidence

I get what you mean with some groups ( and I agree ) the big 4 privilege is a thing but I don't think this applies completely for nmixx. You can tell they are trying to get more fans and attract a new audience they do covers, live performances etc it's logical they have their own fans especially those that are more into vocals.

• Do you mean company stans as in people just supporting NMIXX because of JYPE?

Or do you mean company stans as in people who are fans of multiple JYPE groups and NMIXX happens to be one of them?

If you're referring to the 2nd then, yes I agree, and like you said, every Big 4 group has them. If you're referring to the 1st then I don't agree.

Both. The first is true. People buy and support things they dont know about just because the name of the company is enough to create interest. Example is Babymonster having almost 2m subscribers predebut.

Groups that have the advantage of having big seniors always sell more. Just look at how Txt had 300k in presales before they even debuted. Same thing with Jypn's album.

You cant like a group if they havent even debuted yet, so how do you explain 300k pre-orders for a group that havent released anything yet? Surely cant be just because people like them when tjey dont even know anything about the group yet aside which company theyre under.

JCsIq3Q.gif

• nmixx seems to be working on building their own fanbase also twice releases more than one album throughout the year so it's normal the sales won't be super high all the time.

I get what you mean with some groups ( and I agree ) the big 4 privilege is a thing but I don't think this applies completely for nmixx. You can tell they are trying to get more fans and attract a new audience they do covers, live performances etc it's logical they have their own fans especially those that are more into vocals.

I dont think nmixx sells solely bc of that

But what does differentiate them compared to a gg like Billlie?

JCsIq3Q.gif

• Both. The first is true. People buy and support things they dont know about just because the name of the company is enough to create interest. Example is Babymonster having almost 2m subscribers predebut.

Groups that have the advantage of having big seniors always sell more. Just look at how Txt had 300k in presales before they even debuted. Same thing with Jypn's album.

You cant like a group if they havent even debuted yet, so how do you explain 300k pre-orders for a group that havent released anything yet? Surely cant be just because people like them when tjey dont even know anything about the group yet aside which company theyre under.

Yes, but the consistent growth also indicates that they have built their own fanbase, so at that point, company stans are probably not the majority of the people supporting them.

Also, like I mentioned, the JYPN blind package only sold 60k. And their 1st week sales were 220k. They've almost tripled their 1st week sales from debut.

• Both. The first is true. People buy and support things they dont know about just because the name of the company is enough to create interest. Example is Babymonster having almost 2m subscribers predebut.

this only really explains debut numbers tho. NMIXX have built up sales with each release, is it possible that they're gaining new fans? hmmmmmmm

• Yes, but the consistent growth also indicates that they have built their own fanbase, so at that point, company stans are probably not the majority of the people supporting them.

Also, like I mentioned, the JYPN blind package only sold 60k. And their 1st week sales were 220k. They've almost tripled their 1st week sales from debut.

lol jinx!

btw it is wild to me that IVE is less than 100k ahead of NMIXX, is the gap narrowing? wild world

• lol jinx!

btw it is wild to me that IVE is less than 100k ahead of NMIXX, is the gap narrowing? wild world

Yeah, but I think IVE has surpassed 1.2 million overall sales for that album lol.

1st week sales are just 1 indication, and since a lot of fandoms front load buy, sometimes that doesn't mean much unless they consistently sell big the following weeks.

NMIXX is doing great though, so I'm not complaining!

Edited once, last by keyboardwarrior7 ().

• Just for context, this is what 2021 looked like for 4th gen

External Content twitter.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!