Suga is my favourite k-pop artist.

• This is it.

I have genuine respect for this man. He is dedicated to craft, and his lyrics are heart touching. Even if you don't understand what he is saying, his voice alone compels you to search the lyrics. And this is very hard for a foreign artist to do. Not many artists can make people search for their lyrics translation, by speaking/rapping alone.

I never found kpop rapping appealing, and its partly because rapping doesn't have much melody. But Suga...he is different.

ps: His singing doesn't disappoint either.

• Yes, Suga is multifaceted and super talented in his lyrics and compositions. Everyone that is anyone in the music industry has said as much. He's such an honest and raw guy and it's his rawness that really does resonate well with people not brainwashed into default BTS hate that can see that. Anyway if you haven't already, Suga performed to new renditions of Daechwita and Haegeum that he produced back in 2020.

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Or you can watch his whole album production from start to finish with his documentary "Road To D-Day" now on Disney+

SUGA: Road to D-DAY | Disney+
    BTS's SUGA interacts with global artists and finds his voice through his new album.
    www.disneyplus.com

Really talented AF I'm so glad he's a BTS member.

• I have listened to BTS, and its members solo's since I stopped being brainwashed by kpop fandoms. The hyper-competitiveness of it's fandoms is one of the disturbing aspects of kpop culture(A whole other discussion). I have just been quiet about my BTS fangirling. There is no need to announce it to the whole world.

Suga is a particular favourite of mine. On the surface he looks so cold and unfeeling, but his lyrics tell another story, and all of his albums are first class.

No words to describe how much I like his lyrics and music. Definately my favourite BTS member.

• his singing doesn't disappoint, does it? he's the folk type vocalist where the voice he use just match really well with the lyrics he write and make it more heart felt. and to think he sing for amygdala and that that...talking about range

• This is it.

I have genuine respect for this man. He is dedicated to craft, and his lyrics are heart touching. Even if you don't understand what he is saying, his voice alone compels you to search the lyrics. And this is very hard for a foreign artist to do. Not many artists can make people search for their lyrics translation, by speaking/rapping alone.

I never found kpop rapping appealing, and its partly because rapping doesn't have much melody. But Suga...he is different.

ps: His singing doesn't disappoint either.

This!

I don’t know he is able to convey so much emotions in his voice. It also sounds so raw to me and I know it comes from a place of sincerity

• I’ll admit that Suga was the last rapline member that stood out to me. I didn’t see much of his appeal in their group stuff until I heard Blood sweat and tears

That made me search up on him and through that I learnt how BTS had solo works on the side. I binged his Agust D album and fell even more for him. I think it was after that I chose him as my 2nd bias and he later became my main bias

• I have listened to BTS, and its members solo's since I stopped being brainwashed by kpop fandoms. The hyper-competitiveness of it's fandoms is one of the disturbing aspects of kpop culture(A whole other discussion). I have just been quiet about my BTS fangirling. There is no need to announce it to the whole world.

Suga is a particular favourite of mine. On the surface he looks so cold and unfeeling, but his lyrics tell another story, and all of his albums are first class.

No words to describe how much I like his lyrics and music. Definately my favourite BTS member.

This is why I truly think BTS music is timeless not just by kpop standards but music as a whole. The dedication to craft is there, it's gonna last the years

• Thank you so much for this post and I completely agree, Yoongi is a once in generation talent. He is a musical prodigy but at the same time has such a keen understanding of so many issues which he can bring so well in his lyrics. He gives it all to whatever he does. Truly his talent is undeniable be it in music composition, lyricism or rapping.

• This is why I truly think BTS music is timeless not just by kpop standards but music as a whole. The dedication to craft is there, it's gonna last the years

The fact that the members are constantly putting out music and as soon as they are done making music you find them in the studio working on more new music, its really incredible and not just by Kpop standards but general music industry standards. Their dedication to their craft and if I may add to their fans is something so unheard of.

• Thank you so much for this post and I completely agree, Yoongi is a once in generation talent. He is a musical prodigy but at the same time has such a keen understanding of so many issues which he can bring so well in his lyrics. He gives it all to whatever he does. Truly his talent is undeniable be it in music composition, lyricism or rapping.

Let me tell the way I teared up when Yoongi and Ryuichi Sakamoto were at the piano together. 2 geniuses on the same wavelength

• Zsh have you seen this?

External Content youtu.be

Also please read the lyrics to Snooze too if you haven't and hear it too

External Content youtu.be

• You said it perfectly! I think one of the main reasons his music is so thought provoking is because he led such a tough life prior to being apart of BTS. He truly embodies that rags to riches story and uses that story to enrich his music with messages that can resonate with the masses. All you have to do is listen without prejudice as he has said once. Talented doesn't being to describe this man. He is awe-inspiring!

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!