Should "features", "guests" or "withs" count when bragging about charting accomplishments of your faves?

• I always see Kpop stans including all the songs where their faves were features, guests, or withs in a song when talking about their faves' charting accomplishments. They do it to inflate their faves' successes on charts like Melon, Hot 100, Spotify, etc.

But i really think this should be banned. No one calls Halsey a Melon chart topper, you never see her stans bragging about charting #1 on Melon or Gaon as a result of BWL. No one credits Selena with 100M Gaon Points because she featured in a BP song. Charting accomplishments should go to the main star responsible for the song, not the guests that they invited to collaborate on it.

• as I see it being featured or a guest is analogous to

being a guest to a party.

You, as a helper, do not brag of its popularity; it is the host's house and party. However you do thank the host for being part of the experience and talk about how you worked hard to help make sure it was a good thing. Humble brag of your skill and prowess, let the popularity bragging to the host.

• music making is a collaborative effort. right now featuring artist doesn't only spend some minutes in recording booth and call it a day like it used to be. they also write, arrange, post produce, and add topline or texture to their part as well. it's closer to remix or rearrangement work.

if we don't acknowledge all party involved, then bts' hits are not bts', it's pdogg's. blackpink's hits are teddy's. that that is not psy's but suga's now you see how ridiculous that is :pepe-toast:

• Interesting question and one I've though about. I also don't think theres a clear distinct answer.

Should the "main" credit be taken by the artist whose album the song appears on? If that artist themselves is HUGE, should the fans of the other group still be able to count that when talking about their groups highest charting songs and other stats etc?

Like hypothetically, if Taylor Swift was to do a song with Stay-C and it hit number 1 everywhere etc etc... does that truly count as a Stay-C song and can Swiths then boast that Stay-C has the highest/longest charting gg song?

But then... in saying that there is no doubt that for some songs the other artist has undoubtedly driven the songs success, and that needs to be recognized as well.

Whats also funny is it the song flops, can fans then "disown" it because its not "their" song, its the other artists, even after taking credit for a successful collab?.

Like if, after the super successful Taylor Swift ft Stay-C that Swiths boasted about, theres a Katy Perry ft Stay-C song that flops badly, can Swiths be like... oh, thats a Katy Perry song not Stay-C, so it doesn't count?

• Whats also funny is it the song flops, can fans then "disown" it because its not "their" song, its the other artists, even after taking credit for a successful collab?.

Like if, after the super successful Taylor Swift ft Stay-C that Swiths boasted about, theres a Katy Perry ft Stay-C song that flops badly, can Swiths be like... oh, thats a Katy Perry song not Stay-C, so it doesn't count?

if it charts, then it's because of my favs

if it flops, then [insert thousand reasons here]

• I always see Kpop stans including all the songs where their faves were features, guests, or withs in a song when talking about their faves' charting accomplishments. They do it to inflate their faves' successes on charts like Melon, Hot 100, Spotify, etc.

But i really think this should be banned. No one calls Halsey a Melon chart topper, you never see her stans bragging about charting #1 on Melon or Gaon as a result of BWL. No one credits Selena with 100M Gaon Points because she featured in a BP song. Charting accomplishments should go to the main star responsible for the song, not the guests that they invited to collaborate on it.

aaaaah but top group can call out spotify for not putting thier golden boy like they number one solo of the year when he was featuring aka the second of a duo. the fandom made Spotify appologize and change the chart and the title. And on the way they bully the real number one artist before and after.

We all know the song charted really well because of him. But yet, he was the "featuring artist", and it was a duo, so you can´t call it a solo.

I:suure::suure::suure::suure: :finger-heart:U :watt::watt::watt::watt::watt::watt:

did blackpink release a new album today?'s tweet - "#LALISA ACAB, aquí solo  respetamos a la POLISA " - TrendsmapID BI****S

OT4 BLINKS OR JAIL

• music making is a collaborative effort. right now featuring artist doesn't only spend some minutes in recording booth and call it a day like it used to be. they also write, arrange, post produce, and add topline or texture to their part as well. it's closer to remix or rearrangement work.

if we don't acknowledge all party involved, then bts' hits are not bts', it's pdogg's. blackpink's hits are teddy's. that that is not psy's but suga's now you see how ridiculous that is :pepe-toast:

I only acknowledge Suga for the success of That That, despite Psy having co-produced the song (unbilled), written his own lyrics, added his flair to the music, and created/co-directed (unbilled)/funded the music video.

• idk. the artists popularity should count, and their involvement on the track. if Jennie does have a collab with the Weeknd the same way JK had with Charlie Puth she'll be profiting more from the Weeknd's "clout" than JK did with Puth (his album performed pretty horrible). but since armys made it a point to now count collabs for charting purposes then I guess all is fair lmao.

• I only acknowledge Suga for the success of That That, despite Psy having co-produced the song (unbilled), written his own lyrics, added his flair to the music, and created/co-directed (unbilled)/funded the music video.

sorry, i don’t catch if it’s sarcasm :holding-back-tears: but i personally think it’s psy’s success as much as it’s suga’s because that song is quintessential psy post-gs and gentleman and is a hit for uni festivals all year round bc psy himself. If suga has done it alone, wouldn’t sound like the song we know now anyway and probably would have different chart performance

I don’t know other kpop collabs that makes people in this thread so sardonic, but i feel like the ones i know adjust to each other’s sound and musicality (i.e. ariana’s feats for the weeknd)? And that means there’s certain level of creative work that deserves to be credited and which commercial success should be celebrated

• idk. the artists popularity should count, and their involvement on the track. if Jennie does have a collab with the Weeknd the same way JK had with Charlie Puth she'll be profiting more from the Weeknd's "clout" than JK did with Puth (his album performed pretty horrible). but since armys made it a point to now count collabs for charting purposes then I guess all is fair lmao.

speak about reality

Lisa had a solo and she was doing great, but Jungkook had a feature and fans said he was the top solo. A duo is not a solo, period.

did blackpink release a new album today?'s tweet - "#LALISA ACAB, aquí solo  respetamos a la POLISA " - TrendsmapID BI****S

OT4 BLINKS OR JAIL

• speak about reality

Lisa had a solo and she was doing great, but Jungkook had a feature and fans said he was the top solo. A duo is not a solo, period.

he also did good/exceptional/amazing with Stay Alive & Dreamers, no?

so he is an amazing soloist, periodt .

:exit-pepe:

˚ ༘✶ ⋆。˚ ⁀➷˚ ༘✶ ⋆。˚ ⁀➷ʸᵒᵘ'ʳᵉ ᵐᵃᵏᶤᶰᵍ ᵐᵉ ᵃ ᵇᵒʸ ʷᶤᵗʰ ˡᵘᵛ˚ ༘✶ ⋆。˚ ⁀➷˚ ༘✶ ⋆。˚ ⁀➷

Aesthetic GIF - Aesthetic GIFsK-POPPIN IN PINKAesthetic GIF - Aesthetic GIFs

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!