Billboard Deleted 176,000 Of BTS JIMIN Sales For The HOT 100...leaving him with 14,000 sales

• Wait...so the 176k sales is what Billboard has determined to be repeat sales by fans who already bought the single in week 1?

idk about how the numbers work and all, but at the end of the day, fans gonna do what they can for their fave to succeed.

its not just ARMY, but BlackPink fans, Aespa fans, Seventeen fans, and so many others.

people who talking crap about BTS and ARMY just mad cuz their fanbase wasn't able to do that for their bias group, and bring the same high results ;judgingpepe:

• It's always been clear that the US music industry was dead set against BTS and this is the latest in a long list of things they've done to prevent BTS's success. Nothing new but kudos to ARMY, especially US/PR ARMY, for keeping up the love and always finding a way to support BTS against the US music industry.

• I hope those sales can still go to Jimin's pocket despite not being counted on charts.

The way it's not even subtle anymore and they will keep doing this because no one else except Armys would raise concerns because everyone just wants BTS gone including Kpop community.

We are tired :pepe-shame:

• Billboard is no longer consumption-driven and is now a haven for radio payola because that directly pays them and radio stations. In the past, many Billboard top executives were committing fraud by profiting directly from radio payola but now that is no longer legal, they've introduced other ways to still be paid as per their "pay for popularity". Gone are the days of how Billboard used to operate in the past with artists' sales being how music used to be consumed. So I'm not surprised by this at all. More on the ARMY who were misinformed about Billboard chart changes in Jan of 2022 addressing this.

• It's always been clear that the US music industry was dead set against BTS and this is the latest in a long list of things they've done to prevent BTS's success. Nothing new but kudos to ARMY, especially US/PR ARMY, for keeping up the love and always finding a way to support BTS against the US music industry.

People in the US industry knows what's up

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

External Content twitter.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• More on the state of BB radio payola and playola

• I wanna know now, why did the U.S somewhat gladly accept BTS at first???

Like they never were truly accepted, but the U.S was giving them awards, special records, and it seemed like they was finally getting inside the music industry, even if it wasn't by a big amount.

But all of a sudden since last year, its like they was like "ard y'all done now, lets move on to someone or something else"... hmmm...

One of my guesses is, once BTS didn't sign with a American label and allow the U.S music industry to use them, they decided to blacklist BTS somewhat, which is why this scandalous stuff is becoming more apparent.

• I wanna know now, why did the U.S somewhat gladly accept BTS at first???

Like they never were truly accepted, but the U.S was giving them awards, special records, and it seemed like they was finally getting inside the music industry, even if it wasn't by a big amount.

But all of a sudden since last year, its like they was like "ard y'all done now, lets move on to someone or something else"... hmmm...

Columbia relationship was very beneficial. But that's over now and HYBE is back to being a lone wolf for all intents and purposes. It's more about the team behind an artist and their power than the artist.

I remain stunned YTC got the Grammy nom with no obvious campaign. Inroads have been made but I'm curious what will be done to keep those going through 2025.

• I hope those sales can still go to Jimin's pocket despite not being counted on charts.

I seriously doubt they can take away the profits for a sale.

Taking away the count towards billboard is arguably unethical.

Taking away money earned IS theft however. They can't justifiably do that.

• Music industry is pissed off that hybe didn't do payola, that Jimin's amazing result was due to fans only and their support. And they can't let that happen, labels are supposed to do payola, they need to make money. Imagine fans buying music being problematic and labels paying radio to spin their artists music not. :clown:

This is unacceptable.

• Do any other non kpop acts have such differences in streaming Vs downloads? If kpop acts are the only ones then it makes sense that billboard would eventually do something to curb it. If it’s not the case then they’re needlessly targeting kpop.

• Do any other non kpop acts have such differences in streaming Vs downloads? If kpop acts are the only ones then it makes sense that billboard would eventually do something to curb it. If it’s not the case then they’re needlessly targeting kpop.

rock is disproportionally sales-driven as well but rock fans also aren't buying the same tracks repeatedly. they are album buyers and concert goers, and they don't usually buy multiple copies unless there's a special set or whatever.

frankly i would say the type of digital buying BB is targeting is primarily Kpop fan behavior right now.

i really can see the problem from all sides. it's ridiculous to send the message that buying music is wrong but something also is wrong when a fan feels compelled to take on this burden repeatedly. every company involved is ugly and the problem.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!